Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Omg if he was cursed? He might have
Old 02-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sex like Angel.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-14-2018, 07:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Omg if he was cursed? He might have
Thank God that didn't happen.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-14-2018, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I’m just so glad he didn’t have that soul loop hole. He chose to get his soul so there was no losing it.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I’m just so glad he didn’t have that soul loop hole. He chose to get his soul so there was no losing it.
Exactly Spike fracking chose to fight to the death for his soul!

We needed more Spike & Tara.

Old 02-15-2018, 03:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Exactly Spike fracking chose to fight to the death for his soul!

We needed more Spike & Tara.

And lets not forget that he fought for it while supposed to be all dead inside, being unable to truly love or care.

We really would have needed more Tara and Spike...imagine what season 7 could have been.
Tara alive and Spike with his soul.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 02-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was romantic that Spike fought for his soul to be with Buffy.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Spike being able to truly love Buffy and keep his promises to her without having a soul is hands down why they will always be my OTP.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike's redemption is a lot more than just fighting for his soul back b/c of Buffy. He had other issues. Buffy was the huge part of course. He didn't want to be evil at all anymore. He wanted to change. Spike realized he had a choice to make to go back to being evil or get what he called the missing piece to make him fit as a man in the BY ending.

I think this actually goes back to when Spuffy were fighting in Smashed.

Spike: Poor little lost girl. She doesn't fit in anywhere.

Buffy: Poor, Spikey can't be a human & can't be a vampire. Where the hell do you fit in?

Spike had tried to be a better man instead of a monster but just couldn't in the narrative fully change to be more without a soul. His love for Buffy could be so beautiful but we also saw it could be selfish & the demon seeing the only way to have her was to bring her into the dark with him. He made her think she came back wrong even a demon like him when he could hit her.

Spike b/c of the humanity left could love at all & do good things. I think he for a long time starting Season 5 & falling in love with someone truly good made him want to be in the light as well.

Buffy is his something Effulgent: meaning glow. Spike made ref. to how he saw Buffy glow. He meant her light. That she shines to him. Spike even told her he liked seeing her happy b/c it made her glow.

Spike: It's nice to watch you be happy. You glow.

Buffy: That's b/c the dress is radioactive.

Could Spuffy be more cute?

The narrative with Buffy being lost in Season 6 made him lost b/c Buffy had been guiding him. Spike looked to Buffy so much to know what was right/wrong almost like a soul would for him. I think this was part of why we got the unhealthy relationship b/c with Buffy lost & feeling she didn't belong anywhere that Spike felt more lost than he had been since Buffy felt this way.

The realization to change he needed his soul back hurting the woman he loved in such a terrible & horrifying way made him want/need to be better b/c he was good man before he was turned. Dru took his soul away making him an evil monster. Buffy gave him back his soul & made him want to be a man inspired by his love for her. William the bloody awful poet never went away even losing his soul. This is why Spike with a soul could fall in love with Buffy selflessly. He cared more about her happiness than his own but at the same time he couldn't help but long to be that person & Buffy brought him into the light with her Season 7 believing & being there for him.

Spike with his soul back loved Buffy in the human healthy way. We saw the huge diff. in how he just loved her & grew to be an amazing man that Buffy could fall completely in love with & he wasn't even trying to win her heart anymore.

Oh the irony here. His insecurities partly & his soul making him feel like he didn't deserve her. Buffy didn't even need to love him back. Spike became a hero & sacrificed himself for Buffy & the world.

I don't think you can truly change & be a better person that was evil especially unless they do want it for them self. It won't work b/c you have to have something more than just love to motivate you or has to be b/c a curse like Angel has that a vampire could change except for Spike was able to choose unlike any other vampire.

I hope this makes sense & I didn't repeat myself too much.

I didn't want to lose this long post.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 02-15-2018 at 03:05 PM
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Great post. It was such a complex journey Spike went on for his redemption.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Spike being able to truly love Buffy and keep his promises to her without having a soul is hands down why they will always be my OTP.
This I forgot to agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Great post. It was such a complex journey Spike went on for his redemption.
The writers of anything can't write this amazing anymore.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
This I forgot to agree.

The writers of anything can't write this amazing anymore.
Buffy had great writing.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Buffy had great writing.
It's probably the last show that had that quality writing.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

Quote:
It's probably the last show that had that quality writing.
They are very seldom now. This Is Us has some great writing. Buffy was one of the few good ones, though.