Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I'm like Jaime used to be. I get annoyed seeing anything with the comics. I just can't get behind them now. I actually don't even like that Spuffy actually really together now because of everything they wrote post-Chosen up to that point. It ruined it.

Seeing Buffy with Spike in those pics all I can think of is "DOES SHE KNOW HE LEFT IN SEASON 9 TO **** HARMONY AND TRIED TO **** FAITH?!" and "DOES SHE KNOW THAT HE SPENT MONTHS ****ING SOME SPIDER MUTANT NAMED MARIA?!!" Or 'DOES SHE KNOW HE MADE OUT WITH ANOTHER GIRL IN BUFFY'S APARTMENT AT BUFFY'S HOMEWARMING PARTY?!" That's what he has been doing with the soul that he fought so hard to get for Buffy.

So while Buffy was making love with him for the first time probably since the fade out in Chosen pre-battle, she has no idea that he's been in Harmony at least twice since then.

They have Spike acting like Chuck Bass as soon as Buffy isn't in the same room as him and we are just supposed to concentrate on the fact that he luvs her so much. The writers expect us to just forget every single disgusting thing they have Spike do while he was insecure about Buffy and for her to feel foolish for ever doubting his devotion to her. It's ridiculous.
Buffy saw the stuff with Harmony in his mind.

She did get jealous in the moment but they weren't together at the time.

I'm sure she would agree about all those others then.

Besides it's not like Buffy hasn't been with others.

I count the Immortal as Canon since that was on the show.

Then Satsu and Angel.

That's 2 for Spike actually with anyone else.

He didn't sleep with Faith or what ever girl he kissed.

Don't you dare compare Spike to Chuck!

The fact that I don't give a frack about anything being Canon in Comics I can enjoy the Spuffy given.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its getting hostile inhere lol
Old 05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Just like old times.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-26-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-26-2015, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Best banter in a underrated scene.

I can't figure out what episode or even what is going on in my icon.

I think this is the prettiest art I've seen of this moment.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

That makes me so sad
Old 05-26-2015, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Amazing acting.

They play off each other perfectly.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah they di d
Old 05-26-2015, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Joss: The Great Marsters has a chemistry diff than David's. He's more on Sarah's level.

Their vulnerabilities come out not just as characters but actors.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

That dream omfggggg.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 05-27-2015, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

The only reason they weren't together was because he chose not to be. Remember that the last time he saw her she said "I love you" and was willing to die in Hell to stay with him. He chose not to tell her he wasn't dust anymore and to have his first action once he was corporeal be to have a "nooner" with Harmony. And then he chose to stay away from Buffy for several YEARS.

I don't count The Immortal since Sarah was not in the episode ontop of the retcon and it was Andrew (an extreme liar) narrating the facts.

Buffy, as the one that was being ostracized, has more right to sleep with other people. He was the one that chose to have nothing to do with her (even if his heart was with her). Buffy had sex 3 times in 3 years (2 nights with Satsu and 1 night with Angel *the only comparison to someone Spike being with is Drusilla*).

Considering how hurt she got when Spike slept with Anya (1: soulless 2: after she left him 3: after she told him to move on) it's really surprising she wouldn't be more than "jealous" when finding out that he had hours of meaningless sex with Harmony AFTER Buffy confessed her love for him and actively sought a real relationship with him.

The only reason he didn't sleep with Faith is because Faith turned him down (simply because she knew it would cause a bigger rift with Buffy). If Faith had said yes, he most definitely WOULD have sleep with Faith.

I JUST WANT TO FREEZE SPUFFY AT CHOSEN WHEN ALL WAS GOOD AND EVERYTHING MADE SENSE
Old 05-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't feel like adding my thoughts right now.

My head hurts.

Old 05-27-2015, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

That is pretty
Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 AM
Extreme Fan

I think it's been years since I posted here. I came back to lurk a little after all the stuff going on in the comics. I don't have much to contribute, I just think that although I consider the comics as separate, the current stuff is quite sweet.

I have to say I can sort see where wilywiccan is coming from. I really dislike that they had Spike hit on Faith of all people, Faith who has such a complicated history in Buffy and was the indirect cause of Buffy being thrown out of her own home...where he saw how much that hurt her. I don't even dislike Faith, I just think that Spike ignoring all the background and trying it with her was inappropriate. I don't read the comics so all I know is second hand, I just didn't like that. I similarly didn't like how he apparently had some weird feelings/dreams/whatever? about Fred too, but that's because although I like Fred we don't need every damn male character to be in love with her! The others I am less fussed about as if Spike didn't believe Buffy and thought he genuinely had no chance of being with her, he might distance himself and seek distractions with other girls. Harmony was his on-off ex girlfriend after all.

So I am kind of in the middle, but I still like the little bits of comic I am seeing here which is funny since I usually have no interest in the comics. I loved Buffy the show before Spike became a main character so it's not all about shipping, but I am just not a big comic person in general. I still enjoy Spuffy, that just put a little downer on it for me

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 05-28-2015 at 03:04 AM
Old 05-28-2015, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I think it's been years since I posted here. I came back to lurk a little after all the stuff going on in the comics. I don't have much to contribute, I just think that although I consider the comics as separate, the current stuff is quite sweet.

I have to say I can sort see where wilywiccan is coming from. I really dislike that they had Spike hit on Faith of all people, Faith who has such a complicated history in Buffy and was the indirect cause of Buffy being thrown out of her own home...where he saw how much that hurt her. I don't even dislike Faith, I just think that Spike ignoring all the background and trying it with her was inappropriate. I don't read the comics so all I know is second hand, I just didn't like that. I similarly didn't like how he apparently had some weird feelings/dreams/whatever? about Fred too, but that's because although I like Fred we don't need every damn male character to be in love with her! The others I am less fussed about as if Spike didn't believe Buffy and thought he genuinely had no chance of being with her, he might distance himself and seek distractions with other girls. Harmony was his on-off ex girlfriend after all.

So I am kind of in the middle, but I still like the little bits of comic I am seeing here which is funny since I usually have no interest in the comics. I loved Buffy the show before Spike became a main character so it's not all about shipping, but I am just not a big comic person in general. I still enjoy Spuffy, that just put a little downer on it for me
I remember you posting.

Welcome back.

I don't like any of it but I'm not gonna let it ruin these amazing crumbs we are getting in the comics.