Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I want the next title about how Spike cared about Joyce and Dawn.

B/C he truly cared about her mom and sister

B/C he had real friendships with her mom and sister

B/C he had real bonds with her mom and sister

Which sounds better?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

B/C he truly cared about her mom and sister
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friends205 (View Post)
I'm surprised no one asked at panels about her relationship with Spike in S7...like what the writers (Jane) or maybe James thought about it.

I think she just let the motions happen...after S6 she didn't know what to believe anymore because everyone was keeping her out of the loop for her own good. I think (like Xander) she turned into a watcher...she watched people and observed their actions more closely.
I didn't know if they had or not.

I still think it was stupid of Marti to try and end the Spike and Dawn friendship because some fans were shipping them. People are gonna ship who they want. I mean there are even Buffy and Dawn shippers.

Good point. Buffy I'm sure didn't tell her anything really about what happened.

I'm glad that Buffy took up for him when Dawn did ask in Him and told her he knew what he did was wrong and that's why he went away to get his soul back.

One thing that I really love about Spuffy is after everything they went through Season 6 they still couldn't let go completely and when the other needed someone they were there. Spike was right when he said that he couldn't say he was sorry or forgive me for what happened. Both forgave each other for the hurt through their actions. IMO yes there is no excuse for the AR but the unhealthy relationship they had Season 6 was both of their faults pretty much equally.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I kind of wish Buffy took a little responsibility for the relationship going bad...how it was unhealthy for using him. Her friends just know that he tried to rape her...but they didn't see everything else. And of course Spike is going to take complete responsibility for everything because it's Spike. But at least he went out to better himself for her....she wasn't even trying to go better herself. Just hide from her months of sex with him...and get lost in the institute she thought her parents sent her to.

^^^^Trusting him with her own flesh and blood...

Last edited by friends205; 04-12-2013 at 07:58 PM
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think the way she took care of Spike and stood up for him was enough for me.

Everybody understood that Spike was important to her.

That is part of why Giles wanted him killed.

Buffy's family was the most important thing in her life and she trusted Spike with them.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

I guess...i mean when the Potentials notice she cares for him...and Wood...and Faith...and Andrew...and that Bouncer guy from Sleeper...I guess it's enough.

Wonder how it would have gone if Spike broke up with Buffy because he could see what it was doing to her...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know.

Buffy stood up to Giles. She thought of him as a father figure for Spike.

That is huge to me.

Plus got the chip out.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

True...she placed him up ahead of Giles. I don't think Buffy/Giles relationship will ever really be the same after his attempt to kill Spike for Buffy's own good thing.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

Even if Buffy hadn't been messed up from being ripped from heaven there still would have been a lot of the same issues. It's wishful thinking to think Spuffy would start something without the angst. It wouldn't be in character at all for Buffy that's for sure.
Buffy chose Spike over Angel as her champion.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I always thought a good place to start Spuffy was in 'Out of My Mind'...that the end wouldn't be a dream...they would have sex with each other and then avoid each other...be disgusted with themselves for liking it...then Spike would develop more then just lusting feelings. Buffy would die...he would be devastated...and then S6 would them building something without disgust...without sex...(well maybe sex later) and sort of them being open with one another.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It could have worked. Spuffy are plausible to me at any point in the show. Joss wrote enough subtext and SMG/JM had enough chemistry that's for sure to make it happen.

I'm sure if anybody could have made Spuffy work without all the angst Joss could. It's just Buffy had major abandonment issues along with not thinking you could love without a soul. There are more that I don't feel like going into. Basically Buffy had a lot of issues but in the end only Spike could break down the walls around her heart.

I would have loved to see that and the panther crawl with Buffy.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

"I'm not ready for you not to be here." - One of their most subtle yet touching scenes.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Panther crawl probably happened with Buffy..we just didn't see it. Damn!
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really is. I love how subtle a lot of their moments are.

Spuffy were natural/real and never forced.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are so much love