Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

People are gonna see what they want. It's obvious Buffy was in love with Spike.

Wow Buffy really ate those words from Crush.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkjourney1 (View Post)
I just re-watched seasons 6 (the passion) and 7 (the love) and I can't for the life of me figure how ANYONE could say that Buffy wasn't completely in love with Spike. I even disagree with Joss. I don't believe Buffy loved him the moment their hands touched, I believe that at that precise moment she grew the courage to ACKNOWLEDGE that she was in love with Spike.
drkjourney I so totally agree with this! I feel the same way.

I even believe she loved him during Season 6, she just didn't have the strength to deal with her feelings that it was wrong to love Spike because he was a soulless demon. It was just too much for her. She was still very damaged from her break-up with Angel and Riley, and the loss of her Mother, and Giles deserting her. Add to that, she had just come back from the dead. She was not in a good place to be able to resolve her confused feelings of love for Spike. Easier to just deny them.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Everything Buffy had ever been taught says no soul is evil. What makes Spike different? Her father Angel Riley and even Giles abandoned her. Buffy didn't want to open up her heart to anybody much less Spike. It could only be him that could brake through the walls she put up around her heart. She did everything she could to push him away and he wouldn't let her.

Buffy went straight to Spike after a bad day.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

She loved him in season 6, deffo, love how they was in season 7, obvious, she was IN love with him, she believed in him, n was there for him, just as much as he was for her, she looked at him with such feelin n love in season 7 x
Old 11-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Old 11-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow! Is that photo from a current comic, friends205?

Oh Buffy! Why do you torment us so?! Just call him! Beg Spike to come home! We all want to see you finally admit how much you love him!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

no...this was photoshopped by a spuffy fan--taking out pieces of the season 9 comic. but it should be a scene! It looks real!
Old 11-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that is sad. The comics still will never be canon to me.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

look at his eyes...he totally knows she has his lighter in her pocket....foreplay with fire!

Old 11-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love she stole it and kept it. Buffy wanted something of him always close to her.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I love she stole it and kept it. Buffy wanted something of him always close to her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friends205 (View Post)
look at his eyes...he totally knows she has his lighter in her pocket....foreplay with fire!
I thought the same thing! I really felt her stealing his lighter was a 'big tell' that she loved him! A woman does not feel compelled to keep something from a man she doesn't love.

His lighter was such a metaphor for the fire she felt for him.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I never even thought about that but again there is the fire metaphor with them.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Tis the season...

Old 11-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

he looked so sexy in that scene with his bedhead and bare feet. i think even xander would be attracted to him if he went to do laundry.

they cut out a scene later:

FAITH
That whole vampire-with-a-soul tip,
interesting isn't it? I mean, the
darkness and the light. I can see it
in Spike.

BUFFY
So... how much did you and Spike--