Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #185: B/C she was the one that wanted to talk about their relationship after their night cuddling.

Welcome to the 185th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!
. . . .

"The thing about Buffy and Spike is they understand each other on a level that nobody else does. They've both lived a hundred lives and I think there's a connection there that we will see evolve over the next couple of years where she realizes that he really is someone that she can trust, someone that's a companion to her and someone that really understands her unlike anybody else."
Sarah Michelle Geller
"Spike is the person in her life right now..... What I basically told [James and Sarah] was, 'Play the romance, be proud of him, love him when you say you love him, love her when you say she doesn't love you. Forget about the crumbling world, for that period of time it doesn't exist.'"
Joss Whedon
Spike is something special. Spike retained enough compassion. Some part of his soul is still was always there that allowed him to fall in love with Buffy where no vampire could.
David Fury
As an actor, I right away played an attraction to Buffy, even though Spike was fully in love with Drusilla. There was a scene, my very first day of shooting, where I was hunting Buffy, not to fight with her, but just to observe her and see what her fighting style was. And I'm looking at her in the Bronze and I'm kind of walking through the crowd, watching her dance, and there was something both very much of a hunter, "I'm going to kill you", but there's also heavy sexual undercurrent, and that just came off the day (laughs) watching Sarah dance, really. But, you know, Spike was the perfect boyfriend, so he would never go beyond that. But there was that attraction immediately, and by the time we get to Season 4, it's developing. There are two episodes where the characters get together. One is kind of a what-if episode which is brought on by a spell that Willow casts which is completely unreal. But then there's a scene later on in the season where Faith takes over Buffy's body and just messes with Spike's mind. And there we see for the first time that if Spike would have gone for it, he would very much like to have kissed Buffy. And that's why he can't kill her, because he's in love with someone who's truly good. And so he's going to try and be the kind of man that Buffy would like to have.
James Marsters
"I think it's good to have Spike and Dawn together, because it shows Spike's mindset. Which is that anyone who Buffy loves is very important. So, he will protect anyone Buffy loves. Don't hurt Buffy. Don't hurt anyone that's important to her. Keep them safe."
James Marsters
"People went crazy when we put them together, and they went crazier when we took them apart."
David Solomon

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

Top Ten Moments;

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . .

. . . .

Top Five Kisses ;

. . . .

"You always hurt ... the one you love, pet."

. . . .

Credit:
Majora's Mask - Main Banner, headers, animations, top moments.
Issa - Moments art.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

From the previous:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodEnvy (View Post)
I always hate it when people say Spike didn't truly love Buffy. He never left her, not truly. Angel left "for her own good" which I think is bull. Then Riley left because he's too damn insecure, and while i know Spike went to get his soul, that doesn't count because he came back.

It always annoyed me that Angel would come in and expect her to still want him, especially in Chosen. He'd moved on too, with Cordy and Nina, so stay the heck out of it!
Absolutely. It took Spike dying to ever leave her. Angel's so-called selfless love for Buffy was limited to taking decisions for her, including the decision to break up with her and when he left her he supposedly did it "for her own good" so she could have a normal life though he knew she was a slayer and will never have a normal life and leaving her without his help andsupport put her into a more danger. And never, not once, did Angel come back and helped, he was not there for Dawn who was practically orphaned after Buffy's death. It was Spike who sticked around, Spike who looked after Dawn without asking anything in return and dealing with Scoobies who hated him, he looked after them all because he promised Buffy to take care of Dawn and he was honoring her memory, he counted every day since she died. He went through trials of torture to be a better man inspired by her love yet Angel could not even try and search for a way to make his soul permanent. Spike sticked around during S7 without being romantically involved with Buffy, he wanted a normal life for her too but he offered HER to decide and he did not take decisions for her. He was willing to help her, fight for her and die for her even if she chose a normallife with Wood. Why couldn't Angel and Riley do the same? Because none of them loved Buffy the way spike did.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr

Last edited by mary ksand; 03-01-2012 at 06:14 PM
Old 03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

She was his one, he was her one! x
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy chose Spike over Angel in every way in Chosen.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

Yes she did. Spike was her real Champion because she said no to Angel.

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I always half expect her to say "neither is he" after Angel says I'm not getting any older. But I bet she was thinking it. you could see it on her face

.BuffytheVampireSlayer.Angel.Smallville.Charmed.HarryPotter.Supernatural.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

He's in her Heart, aswell as other places...

PML when she gave the cookie analogy, when I'm ready and want someone to eat me!, lol, lol x
Old 03-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even though I love both Dawson/Joey and Pacey/Joey

I loved how she said Are you gonna go all Dawson on me every time I have a boyfriend!

It makes Spike Pacey in the scenario.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

I never watched DC so I cannot judge, I doubt that any couple can measure up to Spuffy though. I like it that this parallel was made after PJ were already endgame as far as I know. So it was like a hint that Spuffy would have been too had Spike not died.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes it was after PJo got endgame. I also remember reading that Joss liked how the show ended.

It's funny the other reference when Spike was watching DC.

Oh Pacey you blind idiot. Can't you see she doesn't love you?

Spike is totally Pacey.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think it highlights his insecurities even more. It shows that Spike himself was very insecure about Buffy's feelings for him and despite the fact that she truly loved him in S7, it wasn't enough time for him to get over those insecurities. Yet it didn't change the fact that she loved him.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Spike and Buffy secretly watched Dawson's Creek together

I almost forgot Spike said that! But I remember Buffy's quote.

Oh and PJo fan here

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think they watched a lot of cheesy movies and teen dramas together I hope they didn't watch Skins and Lost though

Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Even better in that quote is that Buffy lets it slip that Spike is her boyfriend.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Passionate Fan

I wish Spike had heard that part... or she'd told him

.BuffytheVampireSlayer.Angel.Smallville.Charmed.HarryPotter.Supernatural.