Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #184: "You glow." "That's b/c the dress is radioactive."

Welcome to the 184th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!
. . . .

"The thing about Buffy and Spike is they understand each other on a level that nobody else does. They've both lived a hundred lives and I think there's a connection there that we will see evolve over the next couple of years where she realizes that he really is someone that she can trust, someone that's a companion to her and someone that really understands her unlike anybody else."
Sarah Michelle Geller
"Spike is the person in her life right now..... What I basically told [James and Sarah] was, 'Play the romance, be proud of him, love him when you say you love him, love her when you say she doesn't love you. Forget about the crumbling world, for that period of time it doesn't exist.'"
Joss Whedon
Spike is something special. Spike retained enough compassion. Some part of his soul is still was always there that allowed him to fall in love with Buffy where no vampire could.
David Fury
As an actor, I right away played an attraction to Buffy, even though Spike was fully in love with Drusilla. There was a scene, my very first day of shooting, where I was hunting Buffy, not to fight with her, but just to observe her and see what her fighting style was. And I'm looking at her in the Bronze and I'm kind of walking through the crowd, watching her dance, and there was something both very much of a hunter, "I'm going to kill you", but there's also heavy sexual undercurrent, and that just came off the day (laughs) watching Sarah dance, really. But, you know, Spike was the perfect boyfriend, so he would never go beyond that. But there was that attraction immediately, and by the time we get to Season 4, it's developing. There are two episodes where the characters get together. One is kind of a what-if episode which is brought on by a spell that Willow casts which is completely unreal. But then there's a scene later on in the season where Faith takes over Buffy's body and just messes with Spike's mind. And there we see for the first time that if Spike would have gone for it, he would very much like to have kissed Buffy. And that's why he can't kill her, because he's in love with someone who's truly good. And so he's going to try and be the kind of man that Buffy would like to have.
James Marsters
"I think it's good to have Spike and Dawn together, because it shows Spike's mindset. Which is that anyone who Buffy loves is very important. So, he will protect anyone Buffy loves. Don't hurt Buffy. Don't hurt anyone that's important to her. Keep them safe."
James Marsters
"People went crazy when we put them together, and they went crazier when we took them apart."
David Solomon

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

Top Ten Moments;

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . .

. . . .

Top Five Kisses ;

. . . .

"You always hurt ... the one you love, pet."

. . . .

Credit:
Majora's Mask - Main Banner, headers, animations, top moments.
Issa - Moments art.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay! New Thread

I like the new title

.BuffytheVampireSlayer.Angel.Smallville.Charmed.HarryPotter.Supernatural.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I was thinking about it since we were talking about the scene on the Buffy board.

It's such a sweet moment.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

I love the title. Loved that scene so much for being so bright despite the darkness of their relationship. It's scenes like this that proved how much they really cared about each other. They acted almost like two normal young people who tried to figure out their feelings. If anyone overheared that conversation it would have seemed more than normal.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Could you imagine if Xander heard it?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Passionate Fan

He would have been annoyed

"Hey, Buff! I need help with [insert lame excuse here to get her away from the sexy vampire]"

Old 02-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

Old 02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What if he heard the part where they talk about hurting and being jealous?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:19 PM
Passionate Fan

***** would get real. He'd be all demand-y and tell-me-whats-going-on.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, he would totally behave like it is their duty to explain him everything That is the kind if attitude he always had.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Passionate Fan

And on his wedding day of all days!

On the bright side, it might mean that he wouldn't meet that demon and he and Anya would actually get married... maybe.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Elite Fan

It was not that demon but Xander's stupidity that got in the way of his wedding with Anya imo. I think he simply couldn't handle his relationships in a mature way, he never grew out of his teenage stupidity and irresponsibility plus I think he never really got over Buffy.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

I want to put my hands on Spike's tight body.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
It was not that demon but Xander's stupidity that got in the way of his wedding with Anya imo. I think he simply couldn't handle his relationships in a mature way, he never grew out of his teenage stupidity and irresponsibility plus I think he never really got over Buffy.
Well he needed to get over Buffy though lol
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top