Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Elite Fan

Beautiful art

Spike is one of the most developed and great, layered characters ever written. Joss explored him in every possible way and there is still so much left to think about and for fanfic. It's really amazing.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 01-19-2012, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

I think Buffy was the only other character that was that complex.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-19-2012, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Definitely. Buffy was more relatable and Spike was more unique I would say.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Spike was relateable too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

He was, I'm just saying that Buffy was relatable in more aspects while Spike was relatable in more unique ones.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I get it.

I think it was really smart to go with Spike being William the bloody awful poet as his back story. It really fit his character. It explained why he tried to act like such a bad boy all the time.

Do you think if we had gotten a more healthy relationship in Season 6 that Spuffy would have been as good?

I love the worlds on that art.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:12 AM
Elite Fan

I love the words on the art too. It applied to both of them. Their love really great stronger each day, first it was an attraction, then it was a denial, then it were intense feelings and then it grew into something more.

I like how it turned out for William to be the bloody awful poet. I wonder if Joss planned this from the beginning. I think he maybe did because he had Angelus/Darla/Spike/Dru story in mind from the start, because the references to it were even in season 1 of BTVS (like when Angel said that the last he saw Darla she was wearing a kimono). But even if it wasn't planned it worked out perfectly and fitted Spike's personality. Joss really knew how to come up with new aspects of characters' backstories and make them fitting and logical.

Well I think the only way for Spuffy to be more healthy in S6 is for Spike to have a soul and for Buffy to not have a depression. But it was impossible in terms of the story and I think the darkness they had in S6 helped them to become stronger and evolve and fight with their inner demons.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good points.

I've never seen a stronger love in any of my other ships. They went through a lot of pain and heartache but it was worth it because they formed the strongest love/connection I've ever seen in my ships. Maybe at all on TV/Movies. The love/trust and how they were there for each other. They believed in each other when nobody else did. It still amazes me.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:03 AM
Elite Fan

Their story was definitely one of a kind and unique on many levels. When they both fell for each other they were each other's biggest weakness and yet they helped each other become stronger than ever. Their love literaly saved the world.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Their love literally saved the world would be a good title.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

I think it would.

I love the text on that art. Buffy sacrificed herself and Spike saved her every night in his dreams. Then when she came back and was so depressed and broken he did a lot for her to keep her alive and to make her feel alive. In S7 it was Buffy who was helping him.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I like that both were the ones there for each other when they really needed somebody.

They never let them selves be as vulnerable with anybody else the way they did each other.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I like that title

.BuffytheVampireSlayer.Angel.Smallville.Charmed.HarryPotter.Supernatural.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We can use it next.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

These arts are really pretty