Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like them all.

Lately I've been into early seasons and AU Human.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

I can like any fic when it's well written.

Of course no fic will ever compare to the show. But I really love S7 fics, becasue this season wasn't the strongest and some writers manage to make it better + give us more Spuffy awesomeness

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 05-14-2011, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love what we got on the show. I wouldn't really change a thing but I enjoy fanfic more.

There is stuff you could never have on TV and some fill in the blanks of scenes we only got alluded to.

I like time travel fics. They are always fun.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love time travel fics too especially when it's post Chosen Buffy going back in time to an earlier version of Spike, so she is the one pining after him for a change.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I enjoy those.

Have you read a completed fic where Buffy is in love with Spike in Season 5 and he isn't her?

I read one but it was never finished.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmmm nope I don't think I have. I read one where some spell went wrong and then Spike didn't love her anymore and it bugged her way more than she wanted to admit to herself but that was a long time ago and I don't really remember the title or anything else
Old 05-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish that the one I read was finished. It was fun to see Buffy like that over Spike and him thinking she was acting crazy.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

I like time travel fics as well. Some of those are very nice and well written.

I guess the only thing I'd change is Chosen ending with her leaving him. But I love reading post Chosen fics and how they work out their issues and slowly get together again. I also love post NFA fics because they usually have Spangel in them Especially those where only Angel and Spike survived after the battle and then Buffy found out they both are alive. I read one like that, it was great. Don't remember the title now

Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Most Spuffy fics are well written.

I love shy Spike there.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's amusing how many great Spuffy fics are out there Shows that people love this couple very much and work at those fics so hard.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They are So in character too. You don't find many that aren't.

I love how Buffy brings out the William in him.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, I love how almost all the fics I read are very close to canon in a way of writing characters. Not just Spike and Buffy, but everyone have their "voices". BTVS and Spuffy has amazing fans, they lived with this characters and know them so well

A part of William was always there, even when he was with Dru, but Buffy inspired him to fight the monsert back.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't really like Season 6 fluffy fics.

I love he was So jealous there. He didn't have anything worry about.

Old 05-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Fluffy fics are always OOC. The point of S6 was that it couldn't be fluffy taking Buffy's state and depression. Her relationship with Spike had to be put in a very dark place, because it's the only way you get dating a soulles vampire.

Oh, true, that guy was never a danger so Spike, your jealusy was pointless

Old 05-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

Even if Buffy wasn't ripped from Heaven thier relationship was gonna have a lot of angst.

The only time I can see anything fluffy is when they tried to have a friendship early season 6 but after they acted on their attraction there was no going back and Buffy did everything she could to push him away.

I think she was afraid of him leaving like the others and what he might do if he got his chip stopped working.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 05-15-2011 at 10:20 AM