Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I adore long well written fics Usually I don't read those when it comes to other couples, but with Spuffy I love when a fic is like 30 chapters or so I easily get into them.
same for me I usually put fics on my iPhone and then read them before going to sleep. I haven't read an actual book in months because I just keep reading fic..

What are everyone's favourite writers? I've mostly been going through everything by Slaymesoftly and Dampersandspoons lately so many long fics and they're so good. I'm almost out of new stuff though so I need new writers to focus on... Maybe I'll re-read some of Euridyce's stuff cause I remember loving those but haven't really read any by her since like 2005
Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
same for me I usually put fics on my iPhone and then read them before going to sleep. I haven't read an actual book in months because I just keep reading fic..

What are everyone's favourite writers? I've mostly been going through everything by Slaymesoftly and Dampersandspoons lately so many long fics and they're so good. I'm almost out of new stuff though so I need new writers to focus on... Maybe I'll re-read some of Euridyce's stuff cause I remember loving those but haven't really read any by her since like 2005
Wow, hard to tell I can't remember the names of the authors now, because alot of fics where just amazing and I read them with a great pleasure.

I feel rather depressed when I got stuck with some long fic and then turns out it isn't finished

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah I HATE it when that happens! I've had that happen to me a few times, that I got all into a fic and then at the end noticed it wasn't finished.. and probably never would be finished.. So now I make sure I don't read WIPs, unless I know the author well enough to know they'll update regularly.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love those authors.

I find myself reading WIP some though. I look at recent the summary draws me in.

I really enjoy AU Human fics lately.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM
Elite Fan

I like to read fics that are already finished, however, sometimes I just get so attached to new fics and then the author stops updating and it makes me so sad.

I like AU fics too, but I mostly read post series fics or the alternative SL for S7. This season wasn't great overall, that's why I like to read good fics with a better story-lines.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I remember the summer before Season 7 reading So many fics when Spike came back from Africa. They were a lot better than the show was Season 7.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I remember the summer before Season 7 reading So many fics when Spike came back from Africa. They were a lot better than the show was Season 7.
Yeah, the Potentials SL was pretty annoying. A lot of S7 fics are better.

Though I think Spuffy where still beautifully written even in S7. This season showed why they are right for each other and that Spike is gonna be there for her without asking for her love. And that is when she truly loved him

Old 04-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Everything Spuffy that season was great.

The rest I didn't like but it's still better than most shows on TV now.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Everything Spuffy that season was great.

The rest I didn't like but it's still better than most shows on TV now.
True. Even the weakest season of BTVS is better than any of nowdays shows.

Spuffy love story is one of a kind and cannot be beaten

Old 04-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It can't. From the first moment they meet to the end. Everything just comes full circle.

They became better people because of each other.

The First tried to destroy them and couldn't.

That's how strong their love/connection is and over time it can only grow.

True love endures over time.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

IA

They passed the time test. They managed to handle the age barrier. Spike watched Buffy slowly becoming a woman. In S7 she was even more mature and much more confident than in S6. She wasn't ashamed of her feelings for him anymore, she was proud of them

Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed.

He was the only man that was always there for her through it all.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Exactly. He is always there for her. As VMars once said: "The hero is the one that stays... and the villain is the one that splits."

Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Aww I love that line. It's So true.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:15 AM
Elite Fan

Great line! I'm not gonna say that Angel wasn't a hero in his own way, though, but imo, Spike was more of a hero, because he found a way to choose both Buffy and the world.