Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Extreme Fan

It wasn't the first sex scene we'd ever seen on tv together either but they just never get easier my family is not prudish but my mum can't bear to talk about sex with me there as I am her little girl in her eyes and it's rubbed off on me too so I can't bear it around her!

So yeah, S6 the first time round was interesting and it's not like I could watch it in another room as the channel it was aired on was only available in our living room! Oh I still love Spuffy and all those scenes despite the awkwardness!

Oh GIF, A world of no, would have been funny to see drunk singing...
Old 04-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was never awkward with my mom.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

That's funny I mean the gif. I didn't see the art Beautiful

My mom stop feeling awkward watching sex scenes with me when I was 15 or so

Quote:
So yeah, S6 the first time round was interesting and it's not like I could watch it in another room as the channel it was aired on was only available in our living room! Oh I still love Spuffy and all those scenes despite the awkwardness!
Season 6 as well as S5 will always be my fave BTVS seasons. And imo, season 7 wasn't even half as good as S6, even though it's an unpopular opinion The story of S6, the writing was much better and more complecated.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Mary, I at first thought you meant the art but realised it'd make more sense that you meant the GIF!

My mum will never stop being awkward about the sex scenes on tv when I am there. I will forever be the little girl in her eyes! We just never talk about such things, it's funny!

And I prefer S6 to S7 too, S7 had some great moments for Spuffy but in general just wasn't as good. S5 remains my favourite overall, Spuffy moments alone won't make a season top for me (although they are a plus!) as I loved BTVS before Spuffy!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree Seasons 5 and 6 was way better than Season 7.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
Mary, I at first thought you meant the art but realised it'd make more sense that you meant the GIF!

My mum will never stop being awkward about the sex scenes on tv when I am there. I will forever be the little girl in her eyes! We just never talk about such things, it's funny!

And I prefer S6 to S7 too, S7 had some great moments for Spuffy but in general just wasn't as good. S5 remains my favourite overall, Spuffy moments alone won't make a season top for me (although they are a plus!) as I loved BTVS before Spuffy!
ITA

Season 5 was BTVS on it's best. The writing and the story was so amazing and heartbreaking. S5 had the best episodes of the show and I enjoyed everything about Spuffy in it too (Fool for Love and Intervention will always be my fave Spuffy episodes). Season 7 was weak in terms of writing and like you said, even it being good for my favourite couple cannot top it in my eyes. Season 6 was great at showing Buffy's adulthood, this complecated age when you have to grow up even if you don't want to, when you have to deal with the darkest sides of your soul and also fight depression and apathy to feel alive again. Man, this is exactly what I am going through now

That art

Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Season 5 in general the most of all the seasons. Spuffy of course were the best part.

I could just relate So much to Buffy Season 6.

I think we should have had a season 8. Maybe then Season 7 wouldn't have been So rushed.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I love Season 5 in general the most of all the seasons. Spuffy of course were the best part.

I could just relate So much to Buffy Season 6.

I think we should have had a season 8. Maybe then Season 7 wouldn't have been So rushed.
I agree

And yes, I always thought that BTVS had to have a one more season, because S7 seemed pretty rushed. Also Spuffy relationship needed more closure. I love all their scenes in S7, but I'd like to see more of Buffy trying for Spike and also their last scene in Chosen wouldn't leave me being so mad at Buffy if there was another season. They needed S8 to become an official couple. And I'm not a fan of ATS Spike tbh

Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They should have brought the First on sooner that season.

I agree it would have been good to see them together.

I just liked Spangel on ATS.

I just don't really like Spike without Buffy or Buffy without Spike.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
They should have brought the First on sooner that season.

I agree it would have been good to see them together.

I just liked Spangel on ATS.

I just don't really like Spike without Buffy or Buffy without Spike.
I liked Buffy in season 1 and even though I hate Spike/Dru I think generally Spike was well written on BTVS even before falling for Buffy. On ATS... he wasn't well-written, imo. He was less himself, less intellegent, less interesting. Maybe I think so because I think ATS writing is weaker than BTVD writing Spangel was the only thing that kept me watching ATS S5. I'd rather see Spangel sex than Angel/Eve

Yeah, the whole thing with the Potentials was too try-hard and they should have brought First in later on S7.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree Spike wasn't as well written on ATS.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

That gif is so hot

Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She wanted to stay. She probably would have if Spike had kept his mouth shut.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:17 AM
Banned

IA. He was always accidentally pushing her away with his big mouth.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She was hurt. It really meant more to her than she let on.