Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think it is fair to compare what she felt for Angel and what she felt for Spike. Angel was her first love and it was like that awesome new feelings and everything seems to be different from now on and your life is never gonna be the same after you experience your first love. I don't think that anything can actually compare to your first love. But first love usually remains first. People move on, grow up and find their real love. Spike was her real love. It was complecated, because she wasn't a little girl anymore (like with Angel), Spike was a part of her adult life. It was not a fairy tale, it was real. It was about feelings you cannot fight, about sex, about pain, about redemption, about finding each other again and learning to trust each other. It was about becoming the only ones for each other. This is what happened to Spuffy. I know a lot of people think that it wasn't right that Spike became more important for Buffy than anyone in S7, but it does happen in real life, when you find your real love.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 03-17-2011, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

We will just have to agree to disagree.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

I wish they would've drank more together It was really cute.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I know. I love drunk Buffy.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We will just have to agree to disagree.
But I said that I think BA was first love and Spuffy was real love

I like drunk Buffy too

Old 03-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think first love is as powerful as what Real True Love is.

That's what Spuffy are.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Elite Fan

I just don't think it can be compared, since first love is something special, but your other relationships are unique and special as well. It is just different.

What Buffy felt for Spike was definitelly unique and not like anything else

Old 03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed on the last part.

Of course what Spike felt for Buffy was also unique and special.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Gotta go to bed

Old 03-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
I don't think it is fair to compare what she felt for Angel and what she felt for Spike. Angel was her first love and it was like that awesome new feelings and everything seems to be different from now on and your life is never gonna be the same after you experience your first love. I don't think that anything can actually compare to your first love. But first love usually remains first. People move on, grow up and find their real love. Spike was her real love. It was complecated, because she wasn't a little girl anymore (like with Angel), Spike was a part of her adult life. It was not a fairy tale, it was real. It was about feelings you cannot fight, about sex, about pain, about redemption, about finding each other again and learning to trust each other. It was about becoming the only ones for each other. This is what happened to Spuffy. I know a lot of people think that it wasn't right that Spike became more important for Buffy than anyone in S7, but it does happen in real life, when you find your real love.
From my own experience, while of course you don't forget your first love, you don't necessarily hold them higher or see them as more important. Every story between two people is different and order means nothing in importance. I don't love my ex anymore, I genuinely don't, but I won't forget him or my newness to relationships I felt when I was with him. I think for Buffy, Angel was the one who gave her the newness, the rush of a first serious relationship, and Spike was the more adult relationship that comes with life experience and growth. Both matter, both different.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Our hope by blakravell, on Flickr

Quote:
From my own experience, while of course you don't forget your first love, you don't necessarily hold them higher or see them as more important. Every story between two people is different and order means nothing in importance. I don't love my ex anymore, I genuinely don't, but I won't forget him or my newness to relationships I felt when I was with him. I think for Buffy, Angel was the one who gave her the newness, the rush of a first serious relationship, and Spike was the more adult relationship that comes with life experience and growth. Both matter, both different.
I agree with it completely I also think it is possible to stop loving your ex one day, just S7 Buffy still had feelings for Angel, however, she knew that it is her past and Spike is her present.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is a great drawing.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Amazing drawing Wish I could draw like that