Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad we got a flashback of Bridget and Siobhan. I want to see more of those.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

We will
Old 09-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that Bridget decided to stay cause she felt she was needed and wants to be there for Andrew and his daughter.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Really loved this episode. Also loved all the amazing Andrew/Bridget scenes
Old 09-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really like this review.

I don't really agree about last week. It was just the pilot.
Film Thrasher: FTTV Reviews...Ringer 1.02 "She's Ruining Everything"

Last week, we weren't exactly praising the series premiere of Ringer. The beginning half felt extremely rushed, while the latter half slowed down to a comfortable pace. Now, week two leaves us wondering: which half will we see in the second episode? Will this week be more like it's thriller roots, or leave us as frustrated as the series premiere?

Bridget struggles to figure out a way to cover up a crime she has just committed, while still convincing everyone she's Siobhan Martin. Her old life begins to catch up with her, as FBI Agent Machado decides to stay in New York and learn more about Siobhan's life and inner circle. As Bridget falls further into a web of lies, she confides her secrets to Malcolm, which risks putting him in danger. Andrew and his business partner Olivia throw a party to obtain new clients, which puts a wrench in Bridget's plans, while Gemma and Henry's fighting escalates as Gemma continues to find signs he is having an affair.

Tonight was a vast improvement over last week, and an incredible hour for The CW. That comfortable feeling that was shown last week continued tonight, and provided a sleek, cunning program. The story was smart, and gave other characters an expanded amount of screen time, thus giving them various chances to shine.

Unlike most shows, the problem of the dead body from the end of last week's episode simply doesn't go away, miraculously. In fact, it is the central problem to tonight's story. Bridget can't carry a corpse by herself, and with an under construction loft, people will be weaving in and out. So, when she she's a way out, she tries to take it. Until a party about to be thrown in the loft delays her plans, she takes a quick U-turn and hides it in one of the antique chests.

From there, Sarah Michelle Gellar delivers a performance that matches the audience's reaction: overflowing with anxiety. This is how the thriller aspect comes in: by surprisingly keeping viewers on the edge and having the elephant (or should we say body) in the room a clear and ever present danger. It adds a remarkable, edge of your seat feeling to the entire episode, and keeps you extremely attentive. For the entire episode, you can relate to Bridget because the constant anxiety overtakes you.

However, the anxiety and truly thrilling feeling isn't the only shining moment. When I said everyone gets expanded screen time, I meant everyone. Ioan Gruffudd is perhaps the best of the night with his performance as Andrew. We truly get a feel for his character this time around as more information is revealed about just what exactly the upper east sider does for a living, and why there could be so much tension in his marriage. Tonight, he adds an emotional resonance between himself and Siobhan/Bridget that is actually touching.

And he isn't the only one to add some emotion. Bridget's "friend" and sponsor Malcolm throws his hat into the ring for her heart, providing a bit of heartfelt dialogue that warms you up to his character. Kris Polaha is still in the running, but has his hands full with wife Gemma. Really, his groveling to Siobridget (yes, that's what I'll be calling her from now on) is somewhat pathetic. Still, the Gemma/Henry storyline is an interesting one.

Finally, you have the emotional inclusion of Andrew's daughter Juliet. Bridget can relate to her thanks to her substance abuse in the past, and that provides a jumping off point tonight when Juliet is scared out of her mind. Siobridget feels horrible for her, and comforts a crying Juliet, who is inches away from a toilet. It creates this dysfunctional family feeling that really evokes a deep emotion that has obviously been lost recently with Siobhan. But, now that Siobridget is here, there's part of me that wants this broken family unit to repair itself.

Then we have great plot twists to end the episode. Not only is Siobhan furious over Bridget's closing of an emergency bank account, and it's hinted that Siobhan wants rid of her sister, but the corpse is simply gone from the trunk, much to Bridget's worry. So, where did the body go? Is there a plan to kill Bridget? And, just what is Siobhan's motive?

Overall, "She's Ruining Everything" finally delivering on the promising intrigue of the new series. This is what I was looking forward to all summer. It was a thrilling hour with great performances, and a feeling of pure excellence. It wasn't perfect in some areas, but it's definitely an improvement over the series premiere. I'm still remaining a bit hesitant to see what the series has to dish out, and if it will dip to bad standards yet again. But, tonight left me very impressed, and craving another hour.

8 Mysterious Orange Pills out of 10

Old 09-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing. It is a good review.
Old 09-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really love this part.

Ioan Gruffudd is perhaps the best of the night with his performance as Andrew. We truly get a feel for his character this time around as more information is revealed about just what exactly the upper east sider does for a living, and why there could be so much tension in his marriage. Tonight, he adds an emotional resonance between himself and Siobhan/Bridget that is actually touching.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I really love this part.

Ioan Gruffudd is perhaps the best of the night with his performance as Andrew. We truly get a feel for his character this time around as more information is revealed about just what exactly the upper east sider does for a living, and why there could be so much tension in his marriage. Tonight, he adds an emotional resonance between himself and Siobhan/Bridget that is actually touching.

I agree with that.. he did soften at the end.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The episode really made me fall in love with him. He isn't bad to look at either.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

He's very handsome
Old 09-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love his accent.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Me too...it's very nice
Old 09-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks to Spike I have a thing for them.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's funny how we ship her with men who have accents (even though JM doesn't really have one in rl lol)
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

True. I never would have guessed he didn't though.

I'm gonna start a Bridget/Andrew thread.