Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooo! Getting better and better Well, I d/l the movie, but since it was split up, I have to paste them together before watching it. Whooppi.

I wish I could watch it in the movies right now!

Old 10-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

So cool

There is word that the movie has made 40 million!!!!
[Edward & Bella] [Rob & Kristen] [Tyler & Ally] [Max & Liz] [Nathan & Haley] [Sawyer & Kate]
Old 10-24-2004, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

It doubled everyone's expectations. Yay! They said they would've been happy with 20 million. I'm so happy for Sarah.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:06 AM
Supreme Fan

everything i've read at smgs site said 40 million was what it made. im so happy for sarah and the rest of the cast cause it did better than people thought it was gonna.....
Old 10-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

WOW, guys, this is really GREAT news!! This movie is so awesome!

Old 10-25-2004, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

#1! Woohoo. Sarah rocks. I just saw the headline at Yahoo. Awesomeness.

Caroline - Hee. 1 more day to go for me!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Omg, in the 40's? Squeee! That's frellin' awesome. Wow! Squeee!

And I think that was just at that time Katie... heh, what a jump, from 15 - 42 million. *sigh*

So proud and happy for her!

This definately says something about *her* star pull IMO. Especially, because she was so heavily promoted with this film. I mean obviously other factors have helped, but still... YAY for SMG! I can't wait till it gets here.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 10-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
'Grudge' Delivers Shock at Box Office
'Grudge' Delivers Shock at Box Office

Sun Oct 24, 2:05 PM ET Entertainment - Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "The Grudge," a low-budget horror movie starring Sarah Michelle Gellar (news), delivered an additional shock on Sunday by selling $40 million worth of tickets in its first three days at the North American box office, doubling the expectations of its distributor.

The Columbia Pictures project, a remake of a Japanese haunted-house thriller that was released in the United States earlier this year, took over the No. 1 slot from the cartoon "Shark Tale," which had been the top movie for the past three weeks.

"If we would have done twenty (million dollars), we would have been ecstatic," said Rory Bruer, president of domestic distribution at the Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news) (news - web sites). -owned studio.

Gellar, perhaps best-known for playing the title character in TV's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," plays an American in Tokyo who must outwit a ghoulish presence. The PG-13-rated film was directed by Takashi Shimizu, who also made the original, "Ju-On." Bruer said the remake cost less than $10 million to produce, and a sequel is in the cards.

DreamWorks' "Shark Tale" earned $14.3 million for the three days beginning Friday, taking its total to $136.9 million. But the privately held studio was less successful with its latest movie, "Surviving Christmas," starring Ben Affleck (news) and James Gandolfini (news), which opened at No. 7 with a disappointing $4.5 million. DreamWorks distribution president Jim Tharp said he had hoped it would open closer to $7 million.

The top 10 contained one other new entrant, "I Heart Huckabees," which jumped two places to No. 10 with $3 million after expanding its theater count in its fourth weekend. David O. Russell's twisted comedy has been big in college towns, but it appeared to flunk with audiences elsewhere. The film was released by Fox Searchlight Pictures, a unit of News Corp.'s Fox Entertainment Group Inc .

Rounding out the top five, Miramax Films' Jennifer Lopez (news)-Richard Gere (news) romantic comedy "Shall We Dance?" rose one place to No. 3 with $8.6 million after expanding its theater count in its second weekend. Its total now stands at $24.4 million.

Universal Pictures' "Friday Night Lights," starring Billy Bob Thornton (news) as the coach of a high school football team, fell two to No. 4 with $7 million in its third weekend. Its score rose to $47.3 million.

The marionette comedy "Team America: World Police" fell two places to No. 5 with $6.6 million in its second weekend, taking the total for the Paramount Pictures release to $22.3 million.

Miramax is a unit of Walt Disney Co . Universal is a unit of General Electric Co. -controlled NBC Universal. Paramount is a unit of Viacom Inc .

Old 10-25-2004, 06:17 PM
Supreme Fan

sarah was just on the tony danza show talking about how shocked they were. she thought it made 15million and they told her that was just fridays numbers she said she almost fell over when they told her. but she was happy and so pretty on the tony danza show that girl is glowing lately...
Old 10-25-2004, 06:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm so happy that she's happy and enjoying her success. She is a good actress and she deserves it!!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

So I finally saw the movie last night.

It was pretty good, your average scary movie. There were some parts I thought could have been done better but the whole audience would scream and then laugh at some parts.

There are definatly some freaky parts in the movie. I screamed and closed my eyes a lot.

Sarah did a fantastic job. Hopefully this will start to bring her career up, especially considering how good the movie did. And even though I'm ashamed for saying this, there were some parts where I kept thinking she should just pull out "Buffy"

Jason is beyond adorable and I loved him. Wished he had more screen-time though but he and Sarah have amazing chemistry together.

All in all, I definatly reccommend it if your in the mood for a good scare.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

New Thread