Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2018, 04:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tslpsh (View Post)
I made the gif, but thanks!
OMG that's awesome!!! I love it even more now! You're so good at it!! If you ever started up an AMC/DOOL tumblr blog of gifs, I'd beg to follow you!

Quote:
1) Yes, you are remembering correctly. The scene in the hospital does have Kendall talking about being in Erica's shadow, and Del not wanting to do it cause he watched Dixie worrying about Tad after the Tornado (which features a ghost Jesse, haha), but even after Kendall gives her speech Del doesn't seem to want to do it. Then they both start talking obliquely with Del saying this thing between them has to end, and Kendall saying he can't walk out on her. Of course this is all so Edmund could overhear and infer the two are having the affair. I was just wondering if there was anything after that in the missing episodes between before Edmund comes to the Pine Cone Motel asking Del and Kendall about Julia.
Oooh, okay, yeah, you're right. I can't remember what turned Del back onto the idea of the book. I can't remember anything specific from those missing episodes, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm missing something. I remember specific scenes with Kendall and Del in the hospital which had her supporting him and him calming her down from her tantrums but I think those may have been later... like Oct-Nov.

Quote:
On an unrelated note: This story with Kendall faking the letter Erica wrote Dimitri just shows how long ago this all was as nowadays that whole plots probably couldn't happen and she's just text or e-mail Dimitri. Kendall is something else telling Anton how sorry she is for wanting to keep the note from Erica, and how she really wants to change, when she really faked the note and wants Anton to give the fake one to Dimitri. I do like the idea of Kendall going to therapy. Did anything ever come of that?
No kidding! Less than a year later, Cecily and Charlie would be entering an online dating storyline with a super old and big and clunky 80s computer. I spent a lot of time studying the digital revolution when I was uni during the late 00s/early 10s and this period (93-96) was a really interesting time IRL as it was the beginning of the world wide web. The internet had existed for years prior to 1993 - in the form of USEnet, which facilitated many newsgroups, some of which talked about soaps - but the WWW is what provided the graphic user interface, allowing it to really take off and become part of daily life. In my searches, I've found posts sent to newsgroups archived from the eighties talking about a scheme of Erica's or what Tad did. That's so insane to think about - people, mostly university faculty/students who had access to the internet - just typing away, sharing their soap thoughts on 80s internet! XD

I agree - I like the idea of Kendall going to therapy; she needed it with all her emotional issues and trauma. She only went to that one session, but she didn't want to do it and ... didn't. The doctor got her talking at first but when she realized what the doctor was doing, she clammed up and played solitaire for the whole rest of the session.

I remember (and I think you must too) that Erica wanted Kendall to go to therapy but nothing came of that. I think Erica and Dimitri should have leaned on that harder. At the same time, when I think of that, I remember finding one 1993 post by a user from aforementioned newsgroup who was recapping this episode and when they describe Erica offering to send Kendall to therapy, they added, 'What about YOU, Erica?' ;D

I think 2000s Kendall went to therapy for a time from 2004-2005 but that was entirely offscreen. I think that was part of the Kane Family Finally Gets Therapy Initiative because Bianca and Erica were mentioned as getting therapy themselves offscreen too.

Last edited by Lottida; 03-26-2018 at 05:12 PM
Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sending me the clips and stuff
Old 03-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottida (View Post)
OMG that's awesome!!! I love it even more now! You're so good at it!! If you ever started up an AMC/DOOL tumblr blog of gifs, I'd beg to follow you!

Oooh, okay, yeah, you're right. I can't remember what turned Del back onto the idea of the book. I can't remember anything specific from those missing episodes, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if I'm missing something. I remember specific scenes with Kendall and Del in the hospital which had her supporting him and him calming her down from her tantrums but I think those may have been later... like Oct-Nov.

No kidding! Less than a year later, Cecily and Charlie would be entering an online dating storyline with a super old and big and clunky 80s computer. I spent a lot of time studying the digital revolution when I was uni during the late 00s/early 10s and this period (93-96) was a really interesting time IRL as it was the beginning of the world wide web. The internet had existed for years prior to 1993 - in the form of USEnet, which facilitated many newsgroups, some of which talked about soaps - but the WWW is what provided the graphic user interface, allowing it to really take off and become part of daily life. In my searches, I've found posts sent to newsgroups archived from the eighties talking about a scheme of Erica's or what Tad did. That's so insane to think about - people, mostly university faculty/students who had access to the internet - just typing away, sharing their soap thoughts on 80s internet! XD

I agree - I like the idea of Kendall going to therapy; she needed it with all her emotional issues and trauma. She only went to that one session, but she didn't want to do it and ... didn't. The doctor got her talking at first but when she realized what the doctor was doing, she clammed up and played solitaire for the whole rest of the session.

I remember (and I think you must too) that Erica wanted Kendall to go to therapy but nothing came of that. I think Erica and Dimitri should have leaned on that harder. At the same time, when I think of that, I remember finding one 1993 post by a user from aforementioned newsgroup who was recapping this episode and when they describe Erica offering to send Kendall to therapy, they added, 'What about YOU, Erica?' ;D

I think 2000s Kendall went to therapy for a time from 2004-2005 but that was entirely offscreen. I think that was part of the Kane Family Finally Gets Therapy Initiative because Bianca and Erica were mentioned as getting therapy themselves offscreen too.
Thanks! Feel free to posts any requests for gifs.

Okay some comments on the July-Sept '94 episodes. I was getting a little bored of Kendall's story when it was surrounding the whole Anton's secret parents and Corvina thing (although Kendall getting Corvina drunk was somewhat amusing), but sinse the Tornado her story has really picked up.

During the Tornado, I liked Kendall relating to Janet and agreeing to keep her secret because of how much Janet loves her daughter, like Kendall wants to be loved by Erica.

I did feel somewhat sympathetic to Kendall when Mona passed. I do think her grief was genuine, but I also think there was part of her that wanted to stir things up when Edmund brought up she wouldn't be welcomed to the funeral. Luckily, she did listen to Janet when she showed some compassion, saying she didn't want to see Kendall hurting herself more by trying to get Erica to love her, or something like that.

BUT then Kendall goes and throws it in Anton's face when he wants to leave her the first time that she's glad Erica knows what it's like not to have a mom. Though I will say it was probably said out of anger and she did regret it, and apologized after.

Anton took Kendall back rather quickly after she lied about the book for months, but it sounds like after the incident where Kendall faked the letter, he had it. I'm assuming cause the episodes where he actually finds out aren't there, but residuals of the break up are. Did Anton ever say why this time was the last straw? I'm assuming it was just something that built up over time after all the lies, I suppose.

I also got to the crazy episodes where Kendall fakes her pregnancy, she even went so far as to go with Anton to the hospital, but then of course cracks when they want to do blood work.

Great scene with Erica and Kendall at Myrtle's. Man, Erica doesn't give an inch. Calling her a sociopath, and warning Anton he would get rabbies if she bit him. I have a question. Is this the first time Erica and Kendall have talked to each other since Erica found out about the book and the forged letter?

I thought Erica had a point though when Kendall faked the suicide after the fight with Erica, and Anton still not taking her back. Anton wanted to give in, but Erica basically said his need to save her won't help her and the best thing they could do is not indulge her because she needs to help herself, and that's the only way she'll get better.

LOL yes, Erica could use some therapy herself, but both Kendall and Erica have to want to help themselves, and not just lie through the whole thing first. I could see them both doing that, or at least half-truths.

BTW, those are some good quotes you posted earlier. I like the one with Kendall calling Julia a pet. That's pretty funny.

Yes, I too have searched those old usenet posts on google. It's crazy how posts from the 80's show up. There was an old GH episode I saw on youtube where Sean Donely talked about having this new captraption called a cellular phone that he took on a train, and it was like this huge briefcase attached to a cord & phone, so funny.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How do I see this 80's internet?

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-28-2018, 04:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
How do I see this 80's internet?
http://groups.google.com

I'm not sure what she did, but if you type in initials of your favorite soap (GH, AMC, DOOL/DAYS either one) and what characters or storylines you are looking for, you can get posts from the 80's to pop up. Jaime, I know this is the Kendall thread, but I've seen posts from J&J heyday 1989-1991 as those aired. The earliest I came across was a post about GH from 1983 about Laura coming back to the show.

Last edited by tslpsh; 03-28-2018 at 04:51 PM
Old 03-28-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
http://groups.google.com

I'm not sure what she did, but if you type in initials of your favorite soap (GH, AMC, DOOL/DAYS either one) and what characters or storylines you are looking for, you can get posts from the 80's to pop up. Jaime, I know this is the Kendall thread, but I've seen posts from J&J heyday 1989-1991 as those aired. The earliest I came across was a post about GH from 1983 about Laura coming back to the show.
This is cool.

Thanks.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 03-28-2018, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that is awesome
Old 03-28-2018, 08:53 PM
New Fan

Quote:
LOL yes, Erica could use some therapy herself, but both Kendall and Erica have to want to help themselves, and not just lie through the whole thing first. I could see them both doing that, or at least half-truths.
Yes, I totally agree!

Re: Mona's passing. Yeah, Kendall wanting Erica's love is the crux of her storyline during this time before they reconcile for good. I also think Kendall was genuinely anguished over Mona's passing and SMG and MMT say as much in their interviews. Kendall (rightly or wrongly) feels abandoned by Erica and her anger/hurt is ramped up even more when she is discluded from the funeral of the only person Kendall felt accepted and loved by wholeheartedly from the beginning (and of course, Mona did love Kendall from the moment she was born) - I think her needing to attend Mona's funeral was even greater than her anger for Erica but I can see where you'd think that she wanted to get back at Erica too for being discluded. Kendall should have done that whole thing soooooo differently - however, she spends most of her time saying things out of anger, tantrums, overreacting, super lashing out, and being mad as hell at the whole world, and impulsive schemes (hence the whole fake suicide/fake pregnancy/fake letter stuff - all in quick succession ;D). Also loved her scenes with Janet and how/why she pulled Kendall out of that bad situation! And I love what she told Kendall <3

Yeah, I don't think Kendall actually meant what she said about being glad Erica knows what it's like to have a mum, I think that was out of sheer anger. I mean, Mona loved her from the start, what Kendall yearns for, and I think Kendall really loved her. I also think Erica has a super good point that the best way they can help Kendall is to not indulge her dramatics anymore and force her to help herself because nobody can force anyone else to change; Kendall does need to learn that dramatics and bad behavior don't win good things; and only Kendall can really save Kendall. I remember on the alt.net group there being an observation that for all they can't stand each other, they still feel a pull between them. I think Erica does ultimately want Kendall to get well and there's a May 1995 episode (probably coming up on YouTube) in which Kendall is really upset when she hears about Erica falling from the catwalk and is devastated when she thinks Erica died. Noah comes by and tells Kendall that Erica's fine and after some snarking between the two of them, realizes that Kendall is being genuine

Yeah, in the boutique, I felt Erica and Kendall were both really wrong in those things they said to each other, especially when they played on each other's fears of being alone. And yup! This is the first time Kendall and Erica have a face to face since Erica finds out about the book. I kind of loved how when Kendall really wanted to get the hell out of there, Erica was all, "Not so fast, young lady!" XD;; I'd forget my arm and keep trying to get out D:

Yes, I think Anton does break up with Kendall over the letter - there's an episode in which he finds the charred remains of the real letter in the fireplace and realizes what Dimitri read (the forgery).

OMG 1983 posts - WOW!!!! :O

Thank-you!! If you were ever in the mood, any gifs of Kendall being a snarky brat are welcome!! ;D Especially when she delivers a lovely one-liner like the ones you quoted!! <3 I should put them in the OP!!

I agree that Kendall's sl hit a lull with the whole Corvina/Anton/Dimitri secret stuff.

Last edited by Lottida; 03-29-2018 at 05:26 AM
Old 03-29-2018, 11:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, it's too bad we didn't get more of Mona and Kendall. She was the one to recognize who Kendall was before anyone else. She was a real calming influence amongst the strong personalities of Kendall and Erica. I did like that Mona was the one there when Richard Fields died though. That was probably one of her last scenes, and one of the most memorable too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottida (View Post)
there's a May 1995 episode (probably coming up on YouTube) in which Kendall is really upset when she hears about Erica falling from the catwalk and is devastated when she thinks Erica died. Noah comes by and tells Kendall that Erica's fine and after some snarking between the two of them, realizes that Kendall is being genuine
So funny you post this, cause this episode just went up today. The dialogue here is really good. You could always tell when Agnes Nixon came back writing because character motivation would start making more sense. I loved how they played Kendall's understated confusion over her overwhelming emotion for Erica. That was a good way to go about it, rather than her usual over the top antics, as this felt more genuine.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah, it's too bad we didn't get more of Mona and Kendall. She was the one to recognize who Kendall was before anyone else. She was a real calming influence amongst the strong personalities of Kendall and Erica. I did like that Mona was the one there when Richard Fields died though. That was probably one of her last scenes, and one of the most memorable too.

So funny you post this, cause this episode just went up today. The dialogue here is really good. You could always tell when Agnes Nixon came back writing because character motivation would start making more sense. I loved how they played Kendall's understated confusion over her overwhelming emotion for Erica. That was a good way to go about it, rather than her usual over the top antics, as this felt more genuine.
I completely agree - you really could always tell when it was Agnes Nixon who was writing. She really had such a lovely, subtle, understated way of conveying deep emotion like you referenced. I loved her style and I love those Kendall scenes <3

Yes, I really wish there were more Mona and Kendall too - you're right, she was a calming influence among the strong personalities of Erica and Mona. I also like that she was there when Fields was there. Those were some powerful scenes.
Old 03-31-2018, 02:30 PM
Loyal Fan

I came across another Brooke and Kendall scene watching these Oct 1994 episodes. Kendall wants to apply for a job as Brooke's personal assistant at Tempo. There's a funny line where Adam says Kendall has lots of talent and experience, and Brooke says everyone's familiar with Ms. Hart's talents and experiences. I like the straight forward way Brooke handles Kendall, and she's less self involved than Erica. Adam overrides Brooke's decline and hires Kendall anyway. Why is Adam so insistent that Brooke hire Kendall though? Is there a scene I missed?

Last edited by tslpsh; 03-31-2018 at 03:02 PM
Old 03-31-2018, 03:56 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Those are WONDERFUL!!

Adam just wants to hire Kendall to be a thorn in Brooke's side in hopes this would push Brooke to quit if I remember correctly I also love Kendall/Brooke scenes. She's a super nice balance for Kendall and yes, as you said, handles her well. I really wish Kendall had a storyline with Brooke.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been busy with other things & haven't gotten the chance to look at the old 80's net.

Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Star