Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-06-2014, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Crazy Ones Episode Discussion: 1x15 “Dead and Improved”

A WOMAN ASKS SIMON TO EULOGIZE HER DECEASED FATHER, A JINGLE WRITER WHO WAS NOT A WELL-LIKED MAN, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, FEB. 6

“Dead and Improved” – A woman asks Simon to eulogize her deceased father, a jingle writer who was not a well-liked man, on THE CRAZY ONES, Thursday, Feb. 6 (9:01 – 9:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Missi Pyle guest stars as the deceased’s daughter.

CHEAT TWEET: Simon must eulogize/rebrand a hated jingle writer! @RobinWilliams + a choir + toilet paper?! @CrazyOnesCBS 2/6 9:01pm CBS Press Express | A WOMAN ASKS SIMON TO EULOGIZE HER DECEASED FATHER, A JINGLE WRITER WHO WAS NOT A WELL-LIKED MAN, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, FEB. 6

SERIES REGULARS:

Robin Williams (Simon Roberts)

Sarah Michelle Gellar (Sydney Roberts)

James Wolk (Zach Cropper)

Hamish Linklater (Andrew Keaneally)

Amanda Setton (Lauren Slotsky)

RECURRING:

Fred Melamed (as Himself)

GUEST CAST:

Missi Pyle (Melora)

Kurt Fuller (Mitchell Payson)

Kelly Perine (Calvin)

Marcus Henderson (Teddy)

Kenneth Brown (Wilson)

Malea Rose (Actress)

WRITTEN BY: David E. Kelley

DIRECTED BY: Bill D’Elia

GENRE: COMEDY

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked this one. One of the best episodes of the series thus far, IMO. It made me yearn for David E. Kelley to write more episodes.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I didn't like the episode.

It didn't hold my attention much.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-07-2014, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode. Its was really the best episode of the season for me personally.
That gospel choir was awesome! I loved the songs they were singing!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Loyal Fan

The funeral scenes were a bit gassy and sentimental for my taste, but the dialog with Sydney and Simon in the office (Simon selling himself and his personality though his work, and the Kurt Fuller character reflecting his work back at him, almost like holding a mirror up to him) was top notch. The only other complaint I have is that its yet another episode that focused on Simon vs the clients rather than the interactions and relationships between the main cast. Although the guest characters were well-drawn for a 20 minute episode. Kurt Fuller was particularly good. Normally this show separates the comedy from the drama, and I liked that his character was shown acting erratic because of something dramatic happening to him -- if only we could get that kind of depth with the regular characters.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not that good ratings.

Thursday Final Ratings: ‘The Big Bang Theory’, ‘American Idol’, ‘Two and a Half Men’ & the Olympics Adjusted Up; ‘The Millers’ Adjusted Down - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

18-49 rating/Sh

1.7/5

Viewers (Millions)

Old 02-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to catch up again.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I didn't like the episode.

It didn't hold my attention much.
I watched the episode and I agree, it wasn't my fav

Although I think the beginning of the episode with Andrew telling the stories of the bears was cute and I liked the private talk with Simon/Sydney too

The funeral was a bit too much for me though! Although all the songs were great, I agree.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Maybe I would like the episode better if I rewatched.

I was distracted.

Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Maybe I would like the episode better if I rewatched.

I was distracted.
I am sorry to hear that.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah well it was ranting about TVD.