Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The Crazy Ones Episode Discussion: 1x13 “Outbreak”

SIMON GIVES LAUREN A CHANCE TO WORK WITH A BIG CLIENT FACING A PR DISASTER WHEN THE REST OF THE OFFICE COMES DOWN WITH THE FLU, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, JAN. 9
“Outbreak” – Simon gives Lauren a chance to work with a big client facing a PR disaster when the rest of the office comes down with the flu, on THE CRAZY ONES, Thursday, Jan. 9 (9:01 – 9:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Got the flu & the sniffles like the gang @LewisRoberts+Roberts?! STAY HOME & watch @CrazyOnesCBS 1/9 9:01pm CBS Press Express | SIMON GIVES LAUREN A CHANCE TO WORK WITH A BIG CLIENT FACING A PR DISASTER WHEN THE REST OF THE OFFICE COMES DOWN WITH THE FLU, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, JAN. 9

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was all about Sydney/Andrew for me.

It was really funny all around too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 01-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked this one too. My favorite funny bit was probably when Sydney comes out wearing her dress and sees the sick co-workers waving and knocking on the glass and think they are cheering her on and it turns out they want her to let them out. I thought Zach was good in this one and normally I'm indifferent to him. The whole needing someone to take care of him and hinting his mama stroked his ego was some interesting character development there. I also liked the Lauren/Simon flashback when she was hired and of course the doll scene when Simon ripped off the dolls head as it said ridiculous dark and twisted things. Made me think of that X-files episode written by Stephen King with the evil doll. Its also little Twins Peaks-ish too in how they create humor out of the darkly demented.

And of course the probably most interesting part was the Sydney/Andrew stuff. I liked Andrew addressed he felt like she was her backup guy, and Sydney's explanation for why they shouldn't be together rang true to her character. In previous episodes, we see how she's afraid to take chances in her work and be as spontaneous and crazy as her dad (maybe because she feels restricted in the role of having to hold the line for him?) and this episode showed she is the same way with her relationships out side of work.

Also, this was a good line:
"For a guy who knows his verbs, I don't see you doing anything."
Old 01-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I giggled when she thought they were cheering her on.

Zach was really cute this episode and I loved when Simon said he wanted Zach more than grand kids.

It was sweet that Andrew even though he has feelings for Sydney that he still went and got the phone for her.

Old 01-12-2014, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to watch this episode
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's really good in a lot of ways.

Especially if you love Sydney/Andrew.

Next week is a repeat.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, there's no new episode until 1/30.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well they did a good job of making me want more way before then.

I think Lauren might be growing on me. I really hated her at the start.

She was good this episode though.

I like her talks with Simon.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wasn't too "crazy" about this ep
but I loved the ending. Very sweet.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What didn't you like?

Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay I will watch it tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well you have plenty of time.

Anybody wanted start watching.

This would be a good time to do it.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:25 AM
Loyal Fan

The ratings for this episode went up 20% compared to the week before, & Jan 2nds episode were higher than the last new episode in December, and Outbreak is the highest rated episode since episode 3. Looks to be a good sign for season 2 as long as they keep their demo above a 2.0 and their ratings above 8 mil.

Thursday Final Ratings: ‘The Big Bang Theory’ & ‘Parks and Recreation’ Adjusted Up - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers
Old 01-13-2014, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if SMG winning the PCA helped the ratings.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Probably. The ratings will probably go down some by the next new episode.