Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The Crazy Ones Episode Discussion: 1x05 “She’s So European”

Press Release for 1x05

“She’s So European” – When a worldly client, Helena, comes to town, Sydney, Zach and Simon each compete for her attention, but when things turn to a sexual nature, they realize they may know too much about each other, on THE CRAZY ONES, Thursday, Oct. 24 (9:01 – 9:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Simon & Zach both fall for the same woman – Sydney’s new BFF, #SaffronBurrows! @CrazyOnesCBS #CBS 10/24 9:01pm CBS Press Express | SIMON, ZACH AND SYDNEY DESPERATELY COMPETE FOR THE ATTENTION OF THEIR WORLDLY, ATTRACTIVE CLIENT, ON “THE CRAZY ONES,” THURSDAY, OCT. 24

and some photos

CBS Press Express | The Crazy Ones

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT!
Can`t wait for the new episode tonight!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 10-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode had some really funny moments.

I loved Sydney having to hear about her Dad's sex life and how he kept ruining her fave childhood movies.

Then catching him with Helena.

Sydney really keeps things from falling apart or at least tries.

Simon and Zach competing over the same woman was hilarious.

I loved Andrew standing up to that jerk.

I didn't expect him to get with Helena in the end though.

I did miss having Sydney/Andrew scenes though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-25-2013, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I'll never look at mayonnaise the same way again.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved it... I watched it once and listening to it again while posting
Old 10-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This show gets better and better.

It came in second place in it's time slot.

Thursday Final Ratings: ‘The Big Bang Theory’ & ‘The Vampire Diaries’ Adjusted Up; ‘The Millers’ and ‘Scandal’ Adjusted Down - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

The first part is the 18-49 rating The second the Share third the million rating.

CBS The Crazy Ones

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-26-2013 at 08:35 AM
Old 10-25-2013, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am enjoying the show
Old 10-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wish it would beat Grey's.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

I love this show so much It keeps getting better

I wish more people tuned in for it
Old 10-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)

I did miss having Sydney/Andrew scenes though.
Me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew is definitely my fav (along with Sydney ^^ And Simon) Loved him in the bloopers too!! OMG, poor him!! They guy is so, so charming/adorable seriously I can't help but feel for him whatever he does!!

Another relationship I love is Zach/Simon, they really do have this father/son bond, it's almost weird that they slept with the same woman

So, would anyone join me if I opened an Andrew/Sydney thread in the couple's board?
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sydney is my fave then Andrew and Simon.

It was hilarious to see Zach/Simon go after the same woman and neither got her in the end.

Sydney having to hear about their sex lives.

I was gonna start a thread for Sydney/Andrew here soon.

I guess we could have 2 threads.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great ep! My fave part was the way her Dad kept
ruining her fave childhood movie memories-and she'd
say "ruined"
Old 10-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That always cracked me up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Have Eyes For You (View Post)
I love this show so much It keeps getting better

I wish more people tuned in for it
There are millions tuning in. It's second in it's time slot.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 10-27-2013 at 08:56 PM
Old 10-28-2013, 04:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

I admit that I didn’t like this ep that much. It just wasn’t that “spectacular” as the one with the Coffee advertisement, or meaningful as Bad Dad or intense as last weeks episode in my opinion. I also didn’t really like the “Helena”(perhaps a reference to Helen of Troy, it’d be fitting I guess) character. She was bland and not charming or likable at all yet the characters worshipped her like a god for some reason.

Of course it was required for the plot and the jokes but I just don’t like this “she is cool because we say so” approach. Make her at least somewhat interesting so I can at least understand the characters motivitation. I mean right maybe the guys liked her because they thought she is hot and good in bed but then what about Sydney? Or maybe she found her hot too because she is bisexual? So yeah I just didn’t really like this aspect.

Otherwise its was still a quite enjoyable ep, we got some really good jokes and a LOT of great Sarah moments like “ Are we watching The Walking Dead ?” and “You go get yourself some lady business, Simon!”

The last one almost made me cry too because she reminded of Buffybot(you know, same incredibly cute expression and tone) and made me realize that how well she could still play Buffybot/Buffy even now And of course a lot more some of which you’ve already mentioned before.

We also got some more Sydney info like that she is really bisexual as its been implied before.

Whats even more interesting is that she mentions The Lion King as her favorite childhood movie. It just got me thinking because its relatively “new”, released in 1994. Maybe it’s a clue about Syds actualy age? Lets see.

Sarah was 17 in ‘94. I previously assumed that Sydney is Sarahs age( I always assume first that the characters are the same age as the actors playing them unless stated otherwise) but would she think of LK as her favorite childhood movie if she saw it at 17(earliest)?

Especially as a childhood memory easily ruined by a relatively harmless sexual joke(which she probably told a lot herself at that age)?
But if you say she is 10 years or so younger and now she is like 26 actually then I think it fits perfectly.

Both her comment and even her character perhaps.
Or maybe I’m overthinking it? Would you say about a kids movie you saw at ~17 that it was your fav childhood movie(technically a 17 year old person is not an adult but they are not the same as Disneys apparent target audience either IMO)?

Or was there an earlier Lion King movie I don’t know about?
Old 10-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Loyal Fan

In the Bad Dad episode, Sydney mentioned she was 30-something. You're right though that she would've been too old for the Lion King to be a childhood movie.

This episode probably felt the most sitcom-y of the episodes, but I still like the first four better. They seemed to have more of a DEK influence, though prior to this show he was more known for quirky dramas than sitcoms. His strength is character stuff and ethical dilemmas, but so far this show hasn't had as much character development as most of his shows have in the past and I think he's still trying to figure out how to do a sitcom format, where he's used to having an hour an episode.