Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-26-2004, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

Celebrity quotes about Sarah...

Hey guys, so I was just at the Smgboard, and they have a thread like this. Basically, its to post a whole heap of quotes that others have said about Sarah. She seems to get alot of bad press, yet almost all of her fellow costars have denied these claims.

So yeah, lets compile a list of a whole bunch of stuff that others have said about her (positive)...

I love this one from Seth Green...

Seth Green, who plays Oz on Buffy, says he's seen plenty of Gellar's endearing side. When the two went to the premiere of Spiceworld as part of a group, Green had just split from his long-time girlfriend. "I showed up at Sarah's place," he recalls, "and she said, 'Where's your girlfriend?' and I said, 'I don't know.' Sarah didn't say anything, didn't ask anything, she just knew and she took my hand and said, 'Well, I'll be your date tonight,' and literally didn't leave my side the entire night." Asked what she remembers most about the evening, Gellar leans forward in her chair and whispers, "Ginger Spice literally felt Seth up."

Aw, and some pictures from the night...

-

That's so damn sweet. Aw. I love Seth.

Anyway there are heaps, heaps more out there, so lets get collecting.

I love reading them.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 06-26-2004, 03:04 AM
Supreme Fan

"Sarah was brillant.In the the three years that I worked with her.I dont think I ever saw her flub a line.Shes just phenomental that way.And she was capable of just joking,joking,joking the director would say speed shes still joking the director would say Action, and she'd be back to being a very serious Buffy,doing what she had to do.I'm just blown away by her talent".....Armin Shimerman (aug 2003 film force interview)

"she's super nice and super professional".Amber Benson
Old 06-26-2004, 04:06 AM
Master Fan

Aw, I love that one by Armin, adorable.

Amber is such a Sarah pimp I love it. Here's some more from her, well actually its more or less a whole section of quotes, but lmfao too bad, they rock...

- What was it like on Buffy and working with the cast?

Amber Benson: It was lovely. We had an amazing cast and crew. Sarah is just fantastic. She's a lot of fun and was very welcoming.

-My own favourite episode was The Body - how hard was that episode to make?

Amber Benson: That's a wonderful episode. Watching Kristine Sutherland walking around the set and come to lunch in her dead make-up was really unsettling. The most emotional scene for me was doing the scene with Sarah in the hospital. She was sick at the time but still put in the most amazing performance. It is a beautiful episode.

-If Sarah didn't renew her contract, what would your advice be to the production staff? Would you continue with Dawn, or Faith, or would you cancel?

Amber Benson: I would ask the network people to give everyone else their own shows - they're all so wonderful But I think that Buffy is centred around Sarah and wouldn't be the same without her. Without her, it would lose a very valuable player.

-How hard was it to act your death scene with Alyson?

Amber Benson: It was awful. It was not fun. Sarah and I were both crying at the end. It was really terrible. A really close friend of all of us at work had just passed away and it brought all of that back.

-''Sarah, by the way, is wonderful. I am such a huge fan of Sarah Michelle Gellar. She's just got an amazing heart. If there's a problem, she will be there. Three in the morning—she'll be there. It's kind of frightening. She's kind of Buffy-like. Going through that whole thing of losing this person—she was at the hospital. She and Freddie [Prinze Jr., her boyfriend] were at the memorial. They were so wonderful. She felt the same way I did.''transcript of her interview at the Toronto Trek in July last year)

-Professionalism and/or/versus Inspiration. From what I hear about Sarah Michelle Gellar, she’s about as professional as you can get – very Jodie Foster. Is that a role model for you, what do you think about professionalism?

Look at Sarah, she’s very analytical, and she admits it. She walks into a set and she knows where her light is, she knows her lines, she has them down cold. She knows where everything is in relation to her, she knows how to get it done so you don’t have to do ten takes. You do two takes and that’s it. Some actors, they don’t know their lines, they don’t know what they’re doing, they’re searching for their marks and it takes forever. Sarah always is on top of things and I’m so respectful of that. That’s how I try to be in a working environment, because you have too many people depending, relying on what you’re doing to goof off. Sarah’s professionalism can be very intimidating to some people. But if they looked at it realistically and would think about why people are that way – because they’re trying to do their job, so they’re not there for twenty hours, which sometimes you could be at "Buffy". We could be there all day.

Non-actors probably can’t imagine what several takes can do to your motiviation. When it’s emotionally wrenching, you don’t want to be on the verge of tears for hours.

Sarah’s amazing, I’m in awe of her. She comes, does good work and then she goes home. I think that’s wonderful, I respect that so much. For me, I’m an amalgamation, I have a little bit of both: I always know my lines, but sometimes I also get lost in the creative side. If you get sucked into the moment, you don’t think analytically. But that can be when people start the journey with you.Implex Verlag

-Sarah is not a follower. She knows what she wants from her life and
career. A perfectionist, she shows up to work on time and always knows
her lines. When I was having some trouble at work a few years ago, she
was the first person to call and make sure I was okay. There's a
kindness and generousness to her. Plus, she always gives me supergood
advice - she encouraged me to be smart with my money and buy my very
first house.Jane Magazine

Oh and I love this one too...

"I'm a big Sarah Michelle Gellar [Buffy the Vampire Slayer] fan. Huge. I love her. She's gorgeous. I see her Maybelline ads, and I'm like, 'How can she be that pretty?'" –Kirsten Storms from Days of our lives.

Gotta agree with Kirsten, I do exactly the same.

And I always find this one for Eliza totally cute...

"It's also great to be back on Buffy. Sarah is such a doll. We're like reuinited high school friends."
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:10 AM
Supreme Fan

i loved that armin one to so cute.

i love that eliza one

and holy cow amber benson said lots of nice stuff.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

Aw I know. I love how Sarah and Amber were crying together when Tara died. Adorable.

You're also working on Scooby-Doo 2 right now. How's working with Sarah Michelle Gellar again?
It's great! We're having so much fun. I hate giving them the publicity, but there was a B.S. story in The Star. They said that I didn't do the last episode of Buffy because I hate the show and I didn't want to spend a day with Sarah. They also said I only showed up at the Wrap party because I knew she wasn't going to be there. Sarah and I have known each other since we were eight years old, I have nothing but love and respect for her. So, yes, it's exciting to work with her again. We were even joking around that we need to do something serious together, where we can play off each other. She's so talented. It's nice when you work with people that you just know. There's no questions, no hesitation. There's nothing but trust there because I know you're gonna work as hard as I'm going to. You're gonna give me all you've got. That's really comforting.

Man, I love Seth. And I love how he puts Star Magazine in their place. Man, people gave SMG so much crap for the Seth thing, and I love that they have to eat it up.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful quotes. Peopel have a lot of good things to say about her, which is nice to hear

Quote:
"She is perfect, she's so small and so easy to hold. And yes... she is a great kisser." - David Boreanaz

"David: (nostalgic) Sarah is…she's…one of the things I will miss the most about shooting the show is working with Sarah. We've created a special bond between the two of us that, um, is unique and different. She has the ability to transform herself very quickly, very professionally, and very openly, which makes it easier for another actor to kind of…ride along with her. She comforts you, and gives you a sense of who you are as a person, and not as an actor. Which is, I feel, the best thing to have. She's just a wonderful presence, and she's very strong in what she does. She exudes a lot of confidence and…and it shows. I'll miss that a lot." - David Boreanaz
Yeah! I believe she is a great kisser! David has said a lot good things about Sarah and for that I am glad. It was good they hit it off so great and that they were good friends while filming Buffy.

Quote:
"She is so cool. She's the best. On the set, if you don't have a director's chair with your name on it you end up sitting on the floor and being in everyone's way, which just causes more stress. Neither Juliet nor I had chairs. Sarah finally went up to the producers and said, 'Look, these guys have done seven episodes so far, they are going to be in it until the end of the season, can we get them some chairs? I'll pay for them.' I thought that was so classy. She's very intelligent, very strong, and very articulate. Basically, she makes 22 one-hour movies a year and she always knows her lines. She's in almost every shot. I can't say enough about her. I like her a lot as a person and as a co-worker. To some people she has a bit of a boundary because she's a big star and people will take from her as much as she's willing to give, so she protects herself because she needs to." - James Marsters

"I've known Sarah for quite a few years, she's great, the ultimate professional, extremely talented, and a lot of fun to be around. A lot of fun on the set, and very caring too. She can tell you the best places to go shopping, the best places to get whatever you need." –Julie Benz
I love what James said about the chairs. That was so nice of Sarah to do that, because they were new and it's not always easy to just come in and adjust. And Julie about the shopping places!
→ 182

Old 06-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Re: Celebrity quotes about Sarah...

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
"I showed up at Sarah's place," he recalls, "and she said, 'Where's your girlfriend?' and I said, 'I don't know.' Sarah didn't say anything, didn't ask anything, she just knew and she took my hand and said, 'Well, I'll be your date tonight,' and literally didn't leave my side the entire night." Asked what she remembers most about the evening, Gellar leans forward in her chair and whispers, "Ginger Spice literally felt Seth up."
She felt her up! That's so funny.

I think that sounds like a real friendship, Sarah doing that for him, although I think he would have done the same. They have known each other for a long time.
→ 182

Old 06-26-2004, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Aw, I love that David quote about her being so easy to hold. Adorable.

Oh and Julie Benz is a darl. Her and Sarah seem to get along really well. Although, I read that her and Aly did not get along? Anyone know about that? I think I remember somebody saying that Aly said that she (julie) was mean to her. Or something along those lines.

Aw, and that James one about the seats rocks. Go Sarah.

I love this James quote...

"I've told Sarah this, that when Buffy is saying to Angel, "There's not enough time. There's not enough time", I said to Sarah that she was so beautiful in that scene because she was real. She wasn't worried about looking glamorous or anything like that, she was very real." -- James Marsters
Old 06-26-2004, 04:38 AM
Supreme Fan

i'll post a few tomorrow when i find some more...
Old 06-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
Aw, I love that David quote about her being so easy to hold. Adorable.

Oh and Julie Benz is a darl. Her and Sarah seem to get along really well. Although, I read that her and Aly did not get along? Anyone know about that? I think I remember somebody saying that Aly said that she (julie) was mean to her. Or something along those lines.

Aw, and that James one about the seats rocks. Go Sarah.

I love this James quote...

"I've told Sarah this, that when Buffy is saying to Angel, "There's not enough time. There's not enough time", I said to Sarah that she was so beautiful in that scene because she was real. She wasn't worried about looking glamorous or anything like that, she was very real." -- James Marsters
I don't know about Aly and Julie but I think it was said that Amber and Aly didn't get along because Aly used the F word too much Not sure though because people love gossip so it could be just that.

I know, that James quote is so beautiful And I agree with him, because Sarah did look amazing and real in it but her goal was to make the scene beautiful and real and not about her looking good.
→ 182

Old 06-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Aw, these quotes are just awesome. I love reading the nice things people say about Sarah.

I heard rumors about Aly and Sarah, and although I don't want them to be true, I almost think they are, but who knows.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have heard that too about Aly and Sarah that they aren't really friends at all and that Nick is just there. You know, not friends with anyone. Still, I have a hard time believeing that, I don't want to and I won't until I hear it from the person themself.

They used to say Charisma and Sarah weren't friends at all but later they said that wasn't true, also about Emma and Sarah so I think it's probably just rumors.
→ 182

Old 06-27-2004, 03:00 AM
Master Fan

Well I'm more inclined to believe the Aly ones because of the interviews that she gave last year, her opinion of SMG wasn't exactly 'glowing'.

And didn't Emma say that she'd rather talk about anal sex than SMG? On Howard Stern I think?

And dude lmfao if that Aly/Amber thing is true, lmfao eek, I have terrible verbal vomit, lmfao. But each to their own I guess.

I think Nick is friends with them all, because the whole cast was at his wedding.

I don't believe the Sarah/Charisma ones either, I remember watching some behind the scenes of a BTVS advertisement promotion thing, and they were like holding hands, and giggling and looked super friendly. Also someone said that she defended SMG.

I like this quote.

[i]"I love working with her- she is really talented, always prepared and a total veteran! We work well together, we have great chemistry- it's like our own family, we are very close!—Charisma Carpenter
Old 06-27-2004, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Actually, Emma recently made an interview with a magazine and in that she said she was shocked to see how everyone thought she and SMG were on bad terms because it was actually with the network she had the problem with. She said she and SMG get along great!

I don't know about Aly really, some say they aren't friends and some say they are but we have seen pics of them together so I have no idea.

I herad Amber and Sarah are really good friends though, Amber said she and Sarah always discuss intresting books together.

Charisma defended Sarah on a talkshow, that is what I have heard anyway so they are not on bad terms.

I have heard the weirdest things about David like he doesn't want any of his fans to touch him and they have to wash their hands with some speacial thing before shaking his hand?
→ 182

Old 06-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Do you have a link or know where I can find that Emma interview?

I do think that the Sarah being an "evil diva" who traumatised the set, lmfao is such a load of bull. There is so much evidence to the contrary.