Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2017, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Please add me.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 03-26-2017, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved their friendship! Can I be added too?
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-26-2017, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Xander is the heart of the group. He's the one who loves... and loves and loves and loves. He loves his friends without reservation or expectation.
Overall, I like Xander but I just can't believe that anymore than I could believe it on AtS when they had Fred say that Cordelia was the heart of their group. It felt like how the characters from The cabin in the woods were purposely pigeonholed into archetypes that they didn't fit in order to prove a point.

Quote:
Sure, I think he'd gladly take her up on a romantic offer if the opportunity ever presented itself in a more palatable way than, say, a love spell... but he'll also gladly take and honor her friendship. He's not just waiting around in the wings. He really and truly cares for her -- just as she is, even if she's not interested in him.
I agree that he isn't just interesting in sex. He genuinely cares for his female friends. It's one of the reasons he didn't close the gap and kiss her when they were staring at each other a few seconds too long in Phases. He knew that she was hurting and feeling guilt over Theresa's murder.

Thanks to AtS, I can never like the phrase "waiting in the wings".

Quote:
His motives for loving her and supporting her (and Willow) aren't purely self-interested. The strength of his love for Willow saved the world. The strength of his love for Buffy keeps her going. Without Xander, the group would have faltered and splintered a lot more than it did. More importantly, without Xander, Buffy would have drowned way back when she faced the Master. Xander's great big mostly unselfish heart saves the world a lot - whether directly (as in the Yellow Crayon Speech) or indirectly (by lending continuous strength and encouragement to the other characters).
I give him props in Prophecy Girl for realizing that Buffy's actual life was more important than his feelings of rejection. I think part of him wanted to help her and part of him didn't want his last words to her to be a passive aggressive tirade about how she prefers vampires as romantic partners.

I never really thought of it as the love Buffy receives that keeps her grounded. It's always been more about the love that she gives. Allowing herself to feel and connect with others when all the emotional trauma and violence makes her want to close in harden herself. It was less about if they could penetrate her walls then if she had people there that made her want to keep cracks big enough to let the light in.

While there were times when the group would have splintered more without Xander, I think there were times when it would have splintered less too. There were so many instances of him rocking the boat and causing friction between the characters.
Old 03-28-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am not sure how I felt about xander lol
Old 03-29-2017, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well sometimes I hated his jealousy when it came to Angel. But other than that I thought Xander was fun and a great friend to Buffy.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-29-2017, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

I think overall Xander proved a better friend to Buffy than Willow, Faith, Anya, Oz, Cordelia, Andrew, Wood, and even Giles (took off post resurrection, went all PodGiles).
Old 03-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I think overall Xander proved a better friend to Buffy than Willow, Faith, Anya, Oz, Cordelia, Andrew, Wood, and even Giles (took off post resurrection, went all PodGiles).
Yeah that is a good point
Old 04-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

I would've liked an episode like the beginning of the one on The big bang theory when Penny sees Sheldon playing World of Warcraft on his laptop and he teaches her how to get started with multi player online gaming. Or how in another episode Penny beat Sheldon at a game and he said she was cheating because "nobody is that good looking and good at video games."

Xander could teach Buffy how to shop on Ebay and she'd be like, "This is so much better than QVC."

And he could get her into comic books because "they're like books, but shorter. And have pictures."
Old 04-21-2017, 11:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
What? How so?

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 09-10-2017, 03:41 AM
Elite Fan

Faith = used Buffy's body to rape Riley, used Buffy's body to trick Riley into raping Buffy, was planning on torturing Buffy to death with knives and scalpels, framed Buffy for murder, punched Buffy's mom in the face, held Buffy's mom hostage, was going to stab Buffy's mom to death, handed Buffy over to the Watchers Council hitmen, tried to seduce Angel into cheating on Buffy by having sex with her, tried to force Angel to lose his soul after everything Angelus put Buffy through, shot Angel with a poisoned arrow in which the only cure was Slayer's blood forcing Buffy to let him drink her nearly to death to save his life

Willow = tried to erase Buffy's memory of literal Heaven, zapped Buffy with lightning bolts, tried to turn Buffy's sister/daughter back into a glowy ball of energy, rammed a truck into the car Buffy was in, sent a comet straight at Xander & Dawn with Buffy running for miles to get there in time to save them, created demon monsters to try to murder Buffy

Giles = hypnotized Buffy, poisoned Buffy, let Buffy go on nightly patrols when she didn't know her powers would disappear at any time, was planning on locking a powered down Buffy in a building with a psychotic soulless vampire who had been torturing and murdering females since before he was sired, acted like Buffy was an immature codependent child when he gave her a check that would pay for the plumbing to be fixed in her house even though months earlier she got him reinstated as her official Watcher at full salary to be paid retroactively from the month that he was fired, undermined her the entire time she was Head of the WC sowing doubt into everyone else's heads about her leadership abilities out of pettiness

Anya = willingly became a vengeance demon again, flat out said to Buffy's face that she's not her friend even though Buffy was bridesmaid at her wedding defended her to Xander & Willow invited her to Thanksgiving & Christmas and let her live in her house because she doesn't want any of her "friends" to be in danger, called Buffy's many years of suffering depression & PTSD being lucky and that she didn't earn the right to be the leader of the group or a Slayer

Wood = he just wanted to bang a Slayer to fulfill his mommy issues

She was never that close to Cordelia, Oz, or Andrew
Old 09-10-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bumping this up
Old 12-07-2017, 07:03 PM
Absolute Fan

xander harris appreciation month | five quotes: one, dirty girls.
“You’re scared, that’s smart. You got questions, you should. But you doubt her motives, you think Buffy’s all about the kill, then you take the little bus to battle. I’ve seen her heart - and this time not literally - and I’m telling you right now she cares more about your lives than you will ever know. You gotta trust her. She’s earned it.”
a message of hope: everything is garbage, xander harris appreciation month | five quotes:...

Old 12-09-2017, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great art to go with the speech

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 12-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Absolute Fan

I am laughing at this post so hard. WHAT IS THIS?

we're all stories in the end

Old 12-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This is like people with Jonathon in Superstar to me except with Xander.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon