Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love his shirt.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 05-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Banned

That cap is from OOSOOM, Cordy was thanking them, that's why they have that look of mixed shock on their faces
Old 05-31-2008, 02:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, I laughed at the shirt, too
Old 05-31-2008, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

aww, i miss s1 b/x now
Old 06-01-2008, 05:29 AM
Extreme Fan

They were both adorable
Old 06-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I opened a thread like this in another forum and look at what I got, these lovely thoughts written by palabravampiress

"I know Xander messes up sometimes. I know he can be really judgmental and even kinda mean when he feels like someone he loves is on the chopping block, but I totally love him. I love him and I love Buffy and I love, love, love the relationship that Buffy and Xander have. They've been through so much together! Everyone likes to talk about the throwing Buffy out moment and, to a lesser extent, the "kick his ass" moment, but I'm sorry, two mistakes do not cancel out seven (now eight) years of solid friendship so important that in seasons 7 and 8, Buffy and Xander have become like family.

Xander has many virtues and essential functions that make him indispensable to Buffy:

1. Xander is the heart of the group. He's the one who loves... and loves and loves and loves. He loves his friends without reservation or expectation. Sure, I think he'd gladly take her up on a romantic offer if the opportunity ever presented itself in a more palatable way than, say, a love spell... but he'll also gladly take and honor her friendship. He's not just waiting around in the wings. He really and truly cares for her -- just as she is, even if she's not interested in him. His motives for loving her and supporting her (and Willow) aren't purely self-interested. The strength of his love for Willow saved the world. The strength of his love for Buffy keeps her going. Without Xander, the group would have faltered and splintered a lot more than it did. More importantly, without Xander, Buffy would have drowned way back when she faced the Master. Xander's great big mostly unselfish heart saves the world a lot - whether directly (as in the Yellow Crayon Speech) or indirectly (by lending continuous strength and encouragement to the other characters).

2. He's also the one who sees the big picture. Usually, when the other characters get bogged down in the minutiae of things, Xander is the one to remind them of how impressive they are. He's the one to remind them that they are heroes. It's kind of like in the season 8 speech mentioned above: he's not super, so he's far removed enough from what's happening to see what's really happening... and it's something amazing.

3. He's the ever-important comic relief, capable of finding the funny even in the darkest moments, thereby lifting morale. That's more important than I can say. He buoys the group. He buoys Buffy.

4. He's there for the day-to-day stuff. Somebody's gotta fix the leaky faucet -- or board the broken windows. Somebody's gotta bring the donuts to the Scooby meetings. Somebody's gotta brave the puffy suit. Somebody's gotta drive Dawn to school. Speaking of Dawnie, somebody's gotta take care of giant Dawn (by making sure she bathes, gets her clothes super-sized, etc.). You catch my drift? While everyone else is out being super, Xander is being responsible and making sure they don't live like animals. That's important. Joyce used to do that. But after Joyce's death, Xander took on that role more and more, to the point at which it seems that in season 8, he is almost entirely responsible for logistics on, like, a military scale (Go soldier boy training!).

There are more, I'm sure, but I'll stop here so that I can make my central point: Buffy and Xander compliment each other. Where one is weak, the other is strong. That makes it possible for them to support one another. They share history. They share love. They share hardship. They split responsibilities so that each can play to their respective strengths. Honestly, their friendship is amazingly solid. Sure, they've hit bumps along the road, but their friendship still works like a well-oiled machine. At this point, they're more than friends; they're family. That's why I'm a Bander shipper. I really think they're endgame. Even so, I think their friendship is worthwhile in and of itself. I would be content if they remained friends forever rather than jeopardizing that bond (or, you know, Xander's life) with a Bander relationship.

P.S. I love the Sugar Water scene from "When She was Bad." In the RPG, I keep waiting for some quality Xander and Buffy bonding time. I wanna put "Sugar Water" on his IPOD or something and have him say something funny to Buffy like, "When's it my turn to be bad?" lol."
Old 02-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

May I please be added?
Old 10-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 10-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

I love Buffy/Xander. The friendship and the UC ship.

I love those Bander icons.

Looking at that BBB icon, I'm still surprised he managed to keep his eyes on her face instead of looking down when he was on the stairs and she opens her legs in that really short trenchcoat. You know she wasn't wearing any underwear which means he would have gotten an eyefull of Buffy.

I never blamed Xander for Empty Places. He was probably the only one of Buffy's friends that I didn't blame in that scene. He just lost an eye and Giles twisted Buffy's words to make it seem like she didn't trust Xander or anyone else but Spike. Giles knew that what she had said earlier was about his behavior (being PodGiles since BOTN). I hated Kennedy, Wood, Rona, Dawn, Willow, and rest of those traitors during that mutiny.

I think that by S5 Xander had taken Willow's place as Buffy's bestest friend. He understood her better and was the one to comfort her after her breakup with Riley and seemed more there for her during her depression. He was a better friend than Willow.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hot anis.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Lilla, you are like the Animation Queen.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the last animations. Puffy Xander.

You're not my employee. You're my P A R T N E R.
How do I look? | Like a HERO
~Ash DR|RN|DB|MJ|JP
Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

I nearly cried in the Twilight arc when Xander was screaming Buffy's name and Warren says that she can't hear them and Xander replies, "She can. She always can."
Old 06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

From the s8 comic?
Old 07-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
From the s8 comic?
Yes.