Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-22-2019, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys :Wave:
Old 10-23-2019, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I love that Halloween episode, so fun and one of my favorite overall episodes. When I recently rewatched the episodes I think the only thing my opinion changed on was really hating Xander in S2 and 3, now being neutral on Angel/Buffy (but seeing even more how DOOMED their relationship was. Angel was right to leave Buffy so she could experience a real relationship cause she has no real future with him or any vampire) liking Giles way more now, and not liking S5 and 7 as much as I used to. Just like S6, I find S5 kind of depressing with Joyce's tumor and death, along with Buffy's. I also can't stand that Spike's overnight icky and toxic obsession with Buffy starts. S7 was just there. After that great ending in Lessons, the rest of the season is just blah to me. At the same time, I did appreciate and see things differently in general now that I'm older. I still think this show was at it's best when they were all in high school the first three seasons, just seemed more fun. I'll always love the hell out of this show though.
I actually got into BTVS b/c of Cander but eventually hated Xander & Willow for the cheating among other things.

I was flipping the TV & saw their first kiss. So I wanted to see what happened next.

For me Season 5 is my fave gen. Season of the show.

That's when I became more than a casual viewer & got online to talk about the show.

I can relate to Buffy more then & Season 6 b/c of her depression.

I can't relate to her as much before then but I'm always on Buffy's side throughout the show.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-23-2019, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

I al ALWAYS team Buffy. I don’t see how people watch the show and not BE team Buffy. I’ve seen some anti buffy summers tags on tumblr and

I relate to Buffy more in s5 and 6 as well. ESP as someone who has suffered with anxiety, depression and PTSD my whole life.

The more I’ve rewatched as an adult the more I’ve been more aware of the crappy things each character has done and some of the events in the show that didn’t age well (though those are few and far between but are there) and though there are characters I dislike and some more than others at times, I can never hate hate them because of nostalgia probably and because there are times when they’ve all brought out the best in Buffy and they helped shape her and the show into what it is.

I’ll never forgive them all for booting Buffy from her home but I try not to let that take away from any of the nicer moments when rewatching.

Idk if any of that made sense
Old 10-23-2019, 06:51 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

The only thing I instantly think of not aging well was when the Mayor turned into a snake. That would of been done way better now. It was unrealistic how much he literally stayed in the same spot the entire time (and only moved when Buffy taunted him about Faith) when realistically he would of completely thrashed and destroyed the entire senior class. It's kind of silly and pathetic that when he ascended he only killed Snyder *claps* and that one guy that was in the closet lol.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
I al ALWAYS team Buffy. I don’t see how people watch the show and not BE team Buffy. I’ve seen some anti buffy summers tags on tumblr and

I relate to Buffy more in s5 and 6 as well. ESP as someone who has suffered with anxiety, depression and PTSD my whole life.

The more I’ve rewatched as an adult the more I’ve been more aware of the crappy things each character has done and some of the events in the show that didn’t age well (though those are few and far between but are there) and though there are characters I dislike and some more than others at times, I can never hate hate them because of nostalgia probably and because there are times when they’ve all brought out the best in Buffy and they helped shape her and the show into what it is.

I’ll never forgive them all for booting Buffy from her home but I try not to let that take away from any of the nicer moments when rewatching.

Idk if any of that made sense
I know about hate watching. I did it with TVD the last 2 seasons I watched Season 4 & 5.

That was all the spoiler thread was for it at that point too mostly.

Elena was the main char. as well. Julie Plec said she was her version of Buffy!

That Damon was her version of Spike!

I don't understand hating Buffy but can understand how fans can hate a show or char. so much but still watch.

I mostly hate everything the Soap Days has become but still will feel attached to it until it's cancelled.

You make good points about the char. all doing good & bad things. Plus helping Buffy.

I'm sure some things have aged better than others. I think that's true of all shows.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I never watched TVD but everyone I know that has has said it’s a blatant rip off of Buffy in a lot of ways

I hate watched OUAT until the middle of s5 then couldn’t take it anymore. I’ve never finished that show and I regret nothing
Old 10-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Trust me TVD is just a rip off to me, and personally Elena got on my nerves lol
Old 10-27-2019, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Trust me TVD is just a rip off to me, and personally Elena got on my nerves lol
It is. There is even a video on YT that shows just a few of the ways TVD ripped off BTVS.

It also ripped off things from ATS too.

Julie Plec admits she loved BTVS/ATS though.

She pretty much took about every SL from BTVS & reworked it to make it work on her show.

I never watched The Orig. but I've been told she did the same on it & a lot of stuff from ATS was ripped off for it.

Old 10-28-2019, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is so wild!
Old 10-29-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That is so wild!
I'm sure Julie Plec is doing the same with Legacies.

She doesn't even try to make it look like she isn't stealing from Joss in TVD.

Too bad he can't sue her.

Old 10-29-2019, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wasn’t she a big Spuffy fan?

I know there’s not a lot of Willow sympathy here but this video is really well done and really highlights Willow’s struggle with addiction.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The only thing I instantly think of not aging well was when the Mayor turned into a snake. That would of been done way better now. It was unrealistic how much he literally stayed in the same spot the entire time (and only moved when Buffy taunted him about Faith) when realistically he would of completely thrashed and destroyed the entire senior class. It's kind of silly and pathetic that when he ascended he only killed Snyder *claps* and that one guy that was in the closet lol.
I mean, him turning into a snake was always stupid to me in the first place. Did he not realize weapons of mass destruction were a thing? It's not like the tool age in which he would've basically been a god. He was more indestructible before his transformation.

Maybe I'm forgetting some details, though. Was he more vulnerable upon first transforming? Was there something about him needed to feast (him eating the poor graduating class) before he could reach full strength? Maybe he would've eventually become invulnerable?

Otherwise, he's just an idiot.

If Buffy hadn't managed to get him, the military would've. Did he really think he could go up against tanks, F-22 raptors, nukes, etc?

I know social media wasn't a thing, but I think a giant snake would've made the news.

Speaking of the show's cgi not aging well...have you guys seen this video?

Among the many many things wrong with Buffy HD, when they converted the footage into high def, they didn't bother redoing any of the special effects. So the effects are literally standard def against high-def shots and look even more terrible. Angel being sucked into hell looks a mess. And it's such a pivitol moment in the entire show.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 10-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

lol When it's put that way, it was dumb as hell. I do think he said when he first ascended he wouldn't be at full strength so after being invulnerable in human form it is even dumber. I wonder if he would of had a better chance in that final battle if Faith was there.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Wasn’t she a big Spuffy fan?

I know there’s not a lot of Willow sympathy here but this video is really well done and really highlights Willow’s struggle with addiction.

Yes that's part of why I hate Delena b/c she says they were her version of Spuffy.

Except Damon didn't become better.

They just made Elena as bad as him.

I disliked the show using magic as an addiction SL.

Thanks for posting.

They did say that the Mayor wouldn't be full strength as a snake at first I'm pretty sure.

They never should have tried to make BTVS in HD. It looks terrible.

Thanks for vid Carmen.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
It is. There is even a video on YT that shows just a few of the ways TVD ripped off BTVS.

It also ripped off things from ATS too.

Julie Plec admits she loved BTVS/ATS though.

She pretty much took about every SL from BTVS & reworked it to make it work on her show.

I never watched The Orig. but I've been told she did the same on it & a lot of stuff from ATS was ripped off for it.
Of course she did cause isnt orignal