Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Buffy/Tara Friendship App. #4: B/C it takes a true healer to mend someone who feels broken.

Welcome to the 4th Buffy/Tara Friendship Appreciation Thread!

Witchy Slayer Friends:

1.) Charmed Slayer Angel
2.) flightless♥bird
3.) Jaime Bee
4.) BlackWhiteRose
5.) wilywiccan

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 12-11-2015 at 06:06 PM
Old 11-22-2015, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Imagine Tara reading Buffy's diaries during those 5 months she was in Heaven and deciding to immotalize them into grimoire looking Slayer's journals. Writing each passage in calligraphy and drawing pictures of some of the things Buffy was describing and little info boxes.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I can see her doing something like that.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

I think Tara above all else would realize the importance of hearing things from the Slayers themselves. Saddened that so many female voices were silenced by history and the patriarchy of the Watchers Council who deemed those extraordinary women the weapons by which they wage war instead of as the heroes and frontline soldiers who keep the darkness from gaining ground.

Tara would see her own story within theirs. The female half of her ancestors were treated as nothing more than useful demons.

We saw in S5 that Buffy wanted more. She made it clear to Giles that a bunch of Watchers writing about their experience in the vacinity of the Slayer isn't enough. It would be like if the series was called Xander the Best Friend of the Vampire Slayer and all we got were episodes like The Zeppo, things filtered through Xander's perspective.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT! Lovely title.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the new thread

I could see Tara doing that (If there already isn't a fanfic of that, there needs to be ), for all the reasons you said. Knowledge is power, and if it could help future Slayers further on down the road, then she would most certainly want to try and help them by allowing them to know exactly what it really was like for a Slayer, instead of just having them know what it was like from the Watchers point of view.

To respond to some stuff from the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Colton, I love your icon! And that says a lot since I hated Willow choosing Joan of Arc as her Halloween costume. It was rediculous that she thought she was like her simply because she was almost burned at the stake. Willow was a dark magick sorceress who used deities to do her own bidding. Jean D'Arc was a devout Catholic who had visions of the Virgin Mary & angels, became a warrior, saved her country, and then was murdered because of trumped up charges like "she's dressed like a man in that military uniform, that's gender heresy!" Jean was much more like Buffy since our blonde Slayer is a warrior, has visions, and constantly battles gender norms with her intertwining of masculinity & femininity.

*suddenly picturing Tara as Jean D'Arc*

A lot of fans disliked Tara. They would leave her out. It makes sense with Faith since you could just say she was off on a bender or couldn't be bothered.

Tara would've been great with kids. I guess we kind of got that with her & Dawn but during those scenes I kept thinking about how the writers couldn't accept they didn't choose a 10-12 year old for the role and made the 14+ year old act like she was 10-12.

Do we have a title for the next thread?
Thank you

I can understand why some of the fandom dislikes her, although I think they're a little crazy Just kidding. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I'm willing to admit that it took me quite a while to come around to liking her the first time I watched the show all the way through. It was on my second watch that I really started to like her, along with her relationship with Willow.

I've always said Tara would have been amazing as a teacher She would have excelled at helping kids like that
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need

Last edited by Charmed Slayer Angel; 11-23-2015 at 12:22 PM
Old 11-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Loved them so much on Buffys 21st birthday party.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-24-2015, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tara was on fire in that episode.

Spike: I had a cramp in my pants.

Buffy was helping.

Old 11-25-2015, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

Now that I know more about Amber Benson instead of seeing it as Tara being sassy it's more like Amber's personality seeping into the character.

Imagine if we got an episode of Tara stuck in her dreamscape and Willow wants to go in after her but Buffy decides she is the one to go because Tara might not want her girlfriend to see every aspect of her inner world.
Old 11-25-2015, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Now that I know more about Amber Benson instead of seeing it as Tara being sassy it's more like Amber's personality seeping into the character.

Imagine if we got an episode of Tara stuck in her dreamscape and Willow wants to go in after her but Buffy decides she is the one to go because Tara might not want her girlfriend to see every aspect of her inner world.
I would have loved to see that.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Tara was on fire in that episode.

Spike: I had a cramp in my pants.

Buffy was helping.

I knew you would come up with that
Old 11-25-2015, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I would have loved to see this
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 11-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Loved them so much on Buffys 21st birthday party.
Yeah me too
Old 11-28-2015, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

I bet Tara's grandma taught her how to cook. It's too bad we never got to see that.

We should've gotten flashback scenes. Family was the only episode we even got a Tara scene that didn't involve Willow or the gang.