Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Buffy Comics Thread: B/C let's face it... We could write them better.

Buffy Seasons 10 & 11 available.

You have to download torrents.

Angel/Faith Comics included

Go back words for the comics in order.

The Comic Slayer

All these files are in CBR format. If you’d prefer them in PDF, try this: open each file with WinRAR, you’ll notice each page is in JPG. All you have to do is copy these pages and past anywhere you want, so you can use them in this online PDF converter.

Convert JPG to PDF for free - JPG to PDF online converter

Hi everyone! First time EVER posting my own thread on this site and I've had this thing since '07 Anyway, idk how many of you are familiar with the comic book continuation of BTVS, but in my opinion the storytelling definitely hasn't been up to par with the amazing show. They've continued on to season 9 and it's kinda meh... so since we, the fans, seem to know the show a bit better... what alternate storylines would YOU have liked to have seen come to fruition in another potential season 8?

Buffy/Spike Reunion?

Dawn kicking ass?

Tara's resurrection?

Let our Buffy loving minds spew away!
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 08-23-2017 at 08:10 AM
Old 07-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the board.

I haven't followed the comics except for what I read about Spuffy on Tumblr. It all seems ridic to me. I'm glad Joss said we don't have to see them as Canon.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ugh me too... though it does have somme good spuffy goodness, I'm not too fond of the way things are still going. Buffy, at some earlier part of this season, thought she was pregnant... but it turned out to actually be the buffybot.... and buffy was actually brainwashed to think she was living an ordinary life in some random suburban... idk... that whole arc was just weird...
"When I created Buffy, I wanted to create a female icon, but I also wanted to be very careful to surround her with men that not only have no problem with the idea of a female leader, but were in fact engaged and even attracted to the idea." - Joss Whedon
Old 07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I know the whole SL pretty much. I liked they had Spike there for her though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 07-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
Tara's resurrection?
THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

It's taken me all this time to find out what I need
Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

You know what, Ive actually read quite a bit of fanfiction where Tara comes back and honestly, I was never too much impressed with it. I felt like Tara being gone really helped Willow's character progress, and I don't just mean the black eyed evil magic Willow Lol, just overall, her development. I loved them together, but apart of me is glad she died so the story could go on. I really would've liked to have seen Amber come back and play the first but alas she didn't wanna portray Tara in that light, which I can understand, but still she would've rocked it.

I think I really would've like I have seen Dawn fight a lot more. I liked her progression in season 7 and how she transitioned from being the bratty annoying teenager to a girl who could stand up for herself and be strong, actually I felt like joss meant to resemble s1 Buffy in Dawn s7, or maybe that was just me. But yeah I would've liked to have seen her mature instead of go through those random phases of transformations cause she cheated on her demon boyfriend and now suddenly the love of Xander's life..... Ugh
Old 07-08-2013, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

This thread was a good idea thanks.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellielover19 (View Post)
You know what, Ive actually read quite a bit of fanfiction where Tara comes back and honestly, I was never too much impressed with it. I felt like Tara being gone really helped Willow's character progress, and I don't just mean the black eyed evil magic Willow Lol, just overall, her development. I loved them together, but apart of me is glad she died so the story could go on. I really would've liked to have seen Amber come back and play the first but alas she didn't wanna portray Tara in that light, which I can understand, but still she would've rocked it.
I guess it all depends on how it was pulled off. Personally, I didn't like Willow attiude in Season 7, so I really wish Tara hadn't been killed off. Season 7 Willow was handled at all correctly, considering that she's still using Magick in some episodes, when she should have been so afraid of using it that she would have tried to stop completely. Not to mention they didn't handle her grieving over Tara all that well. Two mentions in two episodes of a 22 season is just disrespectful to the character.

Eh, I'm going back to bubble where Tara didn't die, and she & Willow are living happily with their two daughters
Old 07-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Very true, i do think they should've shown her grieve a lot more than she did but i guess the writers figured her grieving over the three month period in between the seasons was enough and they wanted to move the plot along from that. And i thought showing her do magic in s7 was a good way of showing how she could control herself and not go off the deep end... though that little episode with the first proved that temporarily futile, but still.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Eh, I'm still holding out open for them to resurrect Tara If the comics go on long enough, It'll happen sooner or later
Old 07-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

AS I've mentioned it before my opinion is that BTVS doesn't really have an ending which is even remotely close to provide closure to the series. We left our heroes and especially Buffy herself in a really bad shape and it was kinda tough parting with them this way.

So my wishes for a 8th season or a closure movie or something would be to solve this first. In Buffys case most of her current character issues were introduced in season 6 but were never solved and potentially got worse. Her depression I feel never really went away, there wasn't even a reason for it to go away since nothing has changed regarding that. Maybe she found some valuabe things in life like seeing Dawn growing up so maybe she is not likely to commit suicide in the next five minutes but that doesn't mean that everything is suddenly all right.

Other thing is the financial problem which Giles helped with in season 6 but recent events like losing practically everything she had when Sunnydale tuned into a crater surely created new problems. Seriously, Buffy and Dawn are homeless now with Buffy having no job and no schools to even try to get one which pays enough for a quality life. If they ever wanted to take Dawn away from her now they have a pretty strong case for that.

So what I'd like to see is how Buffy crawls out of the Sunnydale sized hole she is in after season 7. If her friends are not totally senseless idiots then they stay with her and help her get back on her feet. Giles has a chance to redeem himself in my eyes because he can obviously help the team most in this regard.

Early season 8 I picture mostly as AtS season 1 where the heroes arrive at their new home with nothing and try to get their lifes going. I would make them succeed with relative ease 1.) because its about time to relieve the suspense after the previous two seasons which were petty dark 2.) Its merely about setting the new status quo anyway so we shouldn't complicate it.

I guess after that we can look after cheering up Buffy somehow. We'd need something extraordinary which can actually cure a post resurrection trauma combined with a sucky life. I'm waiting for suggestions in this regard. I was thinking about something similar in function to the prophecy in AtS regarding Angel becoming human again. A prophecy or vision about an imminent better future which Buffy helps to create or something which shows her that its worth living and fighting.

This'd serve primarily to close the previous era (season 4-7) and set up a new beggining for the new era. Probably season 8 would be about this and season 9 and 10 would be about the new things(you can see a similar setup in Stargate SG-1 and honestly it worked really well).

How the story would continue after that is interesting. Now AtS and the current EU thinks that a Slayer Organization would form under Buffys leadership. Now this isn't a bad approach considering that this is probably the most logical continuation of the story. Only problem is that it'll be incredibly hard to keep Buffy in the role of main hero instead of the Big Good archetype she started to drift towards even in season 7. And failure to do so could mean the end of the show.

One advantage of the Organization approach is that it expands the availbale foes and potential story elements. Since the slayers operate globally now we can add local monsters and myseries into the mix. Buffy now could fight not only vampires but Oni, Djinn, Mummies, Draugr, Sirens and whatever else you can think of in their natural environment.

In season 9 I'd suggets doing clever episodic stories involving those before ever introducing a main villain.

Somewhere in season 8 (early season 9 tops) we have to resolve the shipping issues as well(spreading them out though the epiosdes,I don't want to dedicate an episode for all ships, each should get their own dedicated ones) obviously. Tara needs to come back, thats a no brainer, Dawn should probably get a boyfriend too. Xander has to deal with losing Anya. Faith + Robin needs to be shown how it works.

Now Buffy.... She needs to get a boyfriend too to cheer her up. But who? You say Spike I say he should stay dead, and she should marry Angel at first opportunity.
No wonder why we got the cookie speech and never got an answer for who'd Buffy choose. Joss knew that half of the fanbase would hate him and the show forever no matter whoever he chooses so he did the smart thing and refrained from choosing anybody. Obviously anybody other than Angel and/or Spike is out of question

The solution here would be something another member proposed in her thread:

http://www.fanforum.com/f72/angel-bu...ives-63096746/

She'd choose both of them. After awhile I think most of the fanbase would be satisfied with this not counting the hardcore shippers for who the other ship is no less disgusting than genuine love is for Angelus.

Regarding Dawn, I can see her becoming a warrior and kicking ass and even turning this into her personal story arcs. It should be increibly hard for her to keep up with even the weakest slayers which'd sadden her to no end because she'd feel she can never make Buffy proud. She'd eventually turn out to be like Robin, a sort of Batman type warrior girl who is badass on her own right but a half decent slayer or vamp can still effortlessly beat her one-on-one and she wouldn't have a prayer against Faith, Angelus and especially Buffy herself.

I honestly don't know what to do with Willow. For Taras sake and their ship she should have a happier period coming however I can't escape the feeling that the Sword of Damocles is hanging above her head now. With the things she'd done earlier and signs like how easily the First could influence her magic I'm pretty sure Hell is waiting for her with open arms(she also managed to piss off one deity at least). The question is when and who'll help her there and if Tara would be able( and willing!) to help her get back.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get that Joss wanted Willow to go off the deep end.

I wish losing Tara wasn't the way.

I don't think it made sense for Willow to move on So easily in Season 7.

Of course I hated Kennedy like most of the fandom.

If we had a Season 8 though ATS would still most likely be on and I can't see Spike staying dead even then. It was obvious that Spuffy were slowly getting closer and been together if he hadn't died. I'm not saying it would last on a show written by Joss of course. Who knows what he would do with Angel on ATS. I can't see Joss having Buffy choose both. I think he would have her end up alone before that happened.

You have some interesting ideas.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I get that Joss wanted Willow to go off the deep end.
Which wasn't a bad thing IMO. I even have the feeling that it was planned all along. Why would you set up a Mary Sue-ish character for anything else than to have her fall?

Quote:
If we had a Season 8 though ATS would still most likely be on and I can't see Spike staying dead even then.
My only problem with bringing him back so soon is that it drastically cheapened his role in Chosen. The dramatic effect from the last sacrifice by a depraved soul to redeem himself and get forgiveness from the one person whose opinion mattered more than anything to him is now lost.

Quote:
It was obvious that Spuffy were slowly getting closer and been together if he hadn't died. I'm not saying it would last on a show written by Joss of course.
No it wasn't. IMO it was better for him that he died and the most tragic part was that he knew it.

Quote:
I can't see Joss having Buffy choose both. I think he would have her end up alone before that happened.
I can't see any better option though. Otherwise a lot of people would be disappointed. I just hope most people could go along with it eventually. I think AtS kinda tended towards this BTW.

Buffy can't remain alone. You have to make her happy for at least one season so you can start over with throwing things at her again. Its the same thing as why horror movies have to have downtimes too. Otherwise the audience gets used to fear and becomes immune to it.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's obvious that was planned all along IMO.

Joss wouldn't have Spike stay dead. His character is too popular.

Does it cheapen Buffy dying for Dawn and the world in the Gift since she came back?

I'm not even going to get into the shipping stuff with Spuffy and Bangel.

Plus I'm a hardcore Cangel shipper.

I would be ok with all 4 of them together.

When has Joss let Buffy be happy? He has said that is what the show is all about Buffy being unhappy.

That there wouldn't be a show if she wasn't.

I wish she could be but I don't think it's in the cards. Something will always mess things up for her when he is writing it.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Joss wouldn't have Spike stay dead. His character is too popular.
Thats true however I don't think we'll ever see a proper BTVS continuation anyway so I didn't really care much about reality when I wrote it.

Quote:
Does it cheapen Buffy dying for Dawn and the world in the Gift since she came back?
In a way, yes. However its a bit different. He was supposed to get punished to atone for his sins( existing as a vampire being the first but not the latest). That he came back means that he wasn't punished and got away with it again which undoes the whole thing. If he stayed in Hell( he wasn't even in Hell BTW which is even worse) as long as Angel for example that'd be different. So I guess he could come back but not so soon.

Quote:
I'm not even going to get into the shipping stuff with Spuffy and Bangel.
I wasn't either I was going to stop you if you continued it. My point was to demonstrate that we( shippers) will never agree who is the one Buffy should live her life with. Which is why I suggested a third option. I don't necessarily like it either but we'll have to suck it up because neither ship will go anywhere. We need a compromise and that thread is exactly that.

Quote:
Plus I'm a hardcore Cangel shipper.

I would be ok with all 4 of them together.
I'm not a Cangel shipper but if Buffy is OK with that then so am I. The more the merrier! Can Faith come too? And maybe Fred....

Quote:
When has Joss let Buffy be happy? He has said that is what the show is all about Buffy being unhappy.

That there wouldn't be a show if she wasn't.

I wish she could be but I don't think it's in the cards. Something will always mess things up for her when he is writing it.
I disagree with this sentiment. I think the audience has to be "rewarded" every now and then especially if they stick around for so long. The heroes have to win in the end for it to be satisfying. I agree that the more it sucks for the heroes the more satisfying it'll be in the end.

However if they never get closer to victory no matter what then personally I'll lose interest. At that point just kill them and be done with it. I wouldn't have complained if the show ended after season 5. But now that she was brought back she needs to be happy at least a little.