Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2019, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
Leather pants = things are about to get serious
True.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-30-2019, 10:15 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Buffy truly was the better of them in every way and I that bothered Faith, too. She had probably lived in something’s shadow her whole life and then out of nowhere this major responsibility was dumped on her only to find out someone else was already doing it and better at it. She was never the favorite in any category, even in Buffy’s and that had **** with her.
Ugh. Yes. From what we know of Faith's backstory, her parents/the world were likely constantly tearing her down. And it doesn't seen like she ever had much in the way of money, either, because when the Mayor got her that nice apartment, it definitely came off like she'd never had such nice stuff before.

Anyway, flash forward to her being called as a slayer. For someone who'd struggled and been invalidated her whole life, she suddenly got to be a "super hero." She was special. The one girl in all the world, etc...

And then she comes to SunnyD and realizes that isn't true. She's not special and Buffy can do everything she can, only better. On top of that, Buffy has it better and has everything Faith never had, as well. The one thing Faith had in the world and she doesn't even have that anymore.

Faith really was treated like a surplus slayer in SunnyD.

Quote:
I agree she wanted to bond with Buffy at first, but then showed she was really jealous of her and everything she had. I also agree the backstory of slayers is awful and fked up. It's bs they put that huge burden on teenage girls and they usually died so young SMH.
That's part of why I find their dynamic so interesting. They say there's a fine line between love and hate and Faith is really walking both sides of that line. She loved Buffy as much as she hated her. Even while she was jealous of Buffy and resented her, a part of Faith looked up to her and wanted her approval. And then there's the whole slayer bond thing, because even with all their baggage, there's some things about being a slayer that only other slayers can understand, so they will always be connected on that level.

MAYOR/FIRST
Deep down, you always wanted Buffy to accept you, to love you even. Why do you think that is?

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 10-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

It's funny cause Faith went to Sunnydale cause she wanted to meet Buffy. So she kind of set herself up for being the knockoff slayer when she decided to stay lol. I love that post though, Faith was a grey character in those ways. One of the many reasons I was fascinated by her.
Old 10-31-2019, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Love that line from the First.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 11-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.

Old 11-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I loved with Faith busted Buffy out of class lol, but I just love that whole episode.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I swear I want to know what everyone else in that class thought when she just left with some random girl in leather
Old 11-02-2019, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
I swear I want to know what everyone else in that class thought when she just left with some random girl in leather
That they were dating.

Especially with the heart Faith drew.

Old 11-02-2019, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
That they were dating.

Especially with the heart Faith drew.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 11-04-2019, 05:41 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It's funny cause Faith went to Sunnydale cause she wanted to meet Buffy. So she kind of set herself up for being the knockoff slayer when she decided to stay lol. I love that post though, Faith was a grey character in those ways. One of the many reasons I was fascinated by her.
Yeah, but I also think Faith went to SD not only to meet Buffy but bc she was scared of Kissing Toast (I'm too lazy to look up how to really spell his name rn lol). Her watcher had been killed, she was terrified, she had nowhere else to go...maybe she subconsciously (or even consciously) thought Buffy/another slayer could help her.

Did Faith choose to stay in SD on her own or did the Watcher's Council just assign Giles to her rather than give her a new Watcher/location...? Maybe they were thinking Faith wouldn't last long and so it didn't matter where she was located.

I'm a bit surprised the Watcher's Council weren't trying to separate Buffy and Faith to prevent any Slayer alliances. They probably find it easily to control slayers one on one.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
Old 11-04-2019, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

So True
Old 11-05-2019, 01:06 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I forgot, maybe Faith did originally run there cause she was scared of Kakistos and wanted Buffy's help.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Yeah, but I also think Faith went to SD not only to meet Buffy but bc she was scared of Kissing Toast (I'm too lazy to look up how to really spell his name rn lol). Her watcher had been killed, she was terrified, she had nowhere else to go...maybe she subconsciously (or even consciously) thought Buffy/another slayer could help her.
This makes a lot of sense
Old 11-06-2019, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It does.