Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2019, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy/Cordy #37: Because what’s better than one queen? Two queens!

Welcome to the 37th Buffy Summers and Cordelia Chase Thread

This is a Friendship and Shipper Thread.
This also is an App. of the Sarah/Charisma Friendship.

"God! What is your childhood trauma?!"

Supporters
01. I_Love_JennaJameson
02. Jaime_Bee
03. Mischalicious
04. True Daisy lover
05. Issa
06. ashleyt
07. MelBelle2
08. GretchenPie
09. tootyfnfrooty
10. Lysee
11. Crack of Doom
12. angel_wings05
13. trucherrygirl
14. forever young
15. Goodnight&Go
16. ||michelle||
17. ellen-cheerleaderx
18. Nerenafan
19. AC_love
20. Fiana
21. Awakeningjenny
22. Silviq
23. AmeliaBeck
24. creativesouls
25. PS.Whatever
26. alysummers
27. 4brathan&brucas
28. superscar
29. Burning Up A Sun
30. Lovelybell
31. quicksand
32. AFatalistTillTheEnd
33. Anique
34. -Katie-
35. buffysmgfan26
36. joypiter
37. BreanBamonFan
38. KellynDylanForever
39. PrettyGirlsMakeGraves
40. ~ButterflyMeadowPrincess~
41. mary ksand
42.Missygurl88
43. Carol14
44. BlackWhiteRose
45. straws

Why Cordelia and Buffy?
by Buffonia
Buffy: I-I'm not going with Angel. I'm going with -- ye gods -- Cordelia.
Willow:
Cordelia?! ...Did I sound a little jealous just then, 'cause I'm not really...Cordelia?!
Xander: Cordelia's much better for you than Angel.

Buffy/Cordy in a nutshell? It's the witty sarcasm that's a little too vicious and a little too cruel. It's the underlying sameness of Cordelia being fitted for a May Queen gown as Buffy stares on in longing. It's Buffy pumping a shotgun and saying "I look cute in a tiara" as Cordelia smiles to her knowingly. It's two strong, beautiful women kicking ass and oozing sex appeal.

Like sisters, with really different hair
As different as these characters are, witness my borrowing of a clich?ere, they are actually quite similar. Cordelia is sometimes considered the Anti-Buffy: superficial, self-centered and completely lacking tact. However, it has also been stated, by Buffy herself even, that she was Cordelia. Pre-destiny, before the demands of her calling, Buffy was the popular, prom queen cheerleader.

Apocalypses, and the stopping of them, tend to change people. Buffy's priorities were dramatically altered from "make boys drool" and "buy new shoes" to "save world" and "don't get killed." She fell in love, made quality friends and got hit by a major dose of reality; these being the catalysts in her transition from superficial to superhero. Funny, it seems a very similar sequence of events happened in Cordelia's life from season 2 BtVS and beyond.

Rollercoaster of love

The heart of the Buffy/Cordy relationship lies in their unique chemistry, which is rooted in their not-so-unique love-hate relationship. Or, well, like-hate. After a difficult starting point, they finally managed to attain a mutual respect and understanding for one another, despite the jabs and undercuts to each other.

"Buffy! Did you lose weight? And your hair... Alright, I respect you too much to be dishonest. The hair's a little... (smiles widely) Well, that really isn't the point here, is it?"

Cordelia gravitated to Buffy since day one. Honestly, it can be brushed aside as the ritual New Girl Inquisition. But she was willing to adopt Buffy into her circle of Cordettes based on first, physical impressions and the passing of the "coolness test."

In Invisible Girl, we see Buffy's understanding of Cordelia's quest for queendom. They even share a moment, through a locked a door, before Cordelia is kidnapped by a homicidal student. Cordelia, even though she ostracized Buffy from time to time, turned to the Slayer for help in times of crisis.

After becoming part of the group in Prophecy Girl (her help in vanquishing the legions of undead acting as a Scooby initiation) Cordelia soon began her own personal growth. Thanks to Buffy's semi-friendship.

Cordelia often approved of Buffy's opinion. Even going so far as to admit that Buffy was the reason she lowered her standards to that of Xander Harris, saying that she never would have looked twice at him had Buffy's presence not made him "marginally cooler."

Get by with a little help from your friends

Cordelia's tendency to see and say things as they are is a useful complement to Buffy's habitual denial. When Buffy wigged out during I Only Have Eyes for You, Cordelia bluntly stated "Over relate much?"

In their own ways, they have tried to help each other out in times of emotional distress. Attempts that were usually met with sarcasm and a side of cold shoulder from the other party. Cordelia's snarky yet well-intentioned advice to Buffy in When She Was Bad proved that Cordy did give some thought to Buffy's well-being.

After Cordelia and Xander's all-too-public break up, Buffy returned the gesture in an almost exact scene in The Wish. Same alley. One girl following the other out of the Bronze. And both talks ended with Cordy almost becoming vamp food. Although Buffy's attempt at friendly advice was, well, friendlier, we can mostly credit that to Cordelia's bitterly sarcastic self-defense mechanism.

Life's a song

Worth mentioning are the lyrics to the song that plays during the music montage of Buffy and Cordy smugly competing and exchanging looks during Homecoming:

Well, I don't wanna be president
Superman or Clark Kent
I don't wanna walk 'round in their shoes
'Cause I don't know whose side I'm on
I don't know my right from wrong
I don't know where I'm going to
I don't know about you
And I may not be the man you want me to
I can be myself
How 'bout you?
I don't wanna make you mad
I don't wanna be your dream come true
'Cause I don't know just what I've found
I don't know my sky from ground
I don't know where I'm going to
I don't know about you

It's all about power

Despite their inhabiting separate ends of the social spectrum, there was always a kind of rivalry between Buffy and Cordelia. When it came to boys (i.e. Owen and Angel), Buffy came out on top...of the competition. But Cordelia was given many an opportunity to push back, demeaning Buffy at every chance in front of their peers.

Their mutual jealousy and quest for power in their respective circles came to a head at Homecoming, when the fight for a crown became a fight for survival. They were forced to push aside their petty differences (and some might argue, similarities) to work as a team. Because nothing, and I do mean nothing, shows you who your true friends are like a nice, hard battle to the death. Cutely enough, it all ends with both girls tying for a crownless non-victory.

From tiaras to boys to heartbreaking break ups, these girls can always relate to each other. With similar tastes and backgrounds, they can count on one another for advice or a helping superhuman hand.

Buffy and Cordelia have the classic potential for love according to Jossverse code. And current developments considered, there is a lot of room for romance. There is Angel and Los Angeles, just to name a few common ties that bind. Not to mention the Slayer's supernatural attraction to white hat demons.

Maybe it won't be cuddles and puppies, maybe it will just be the white hot battle for a metaphorical crown in the back of a limo. But one thing's for sure, these two jaded heroines have the kind of chemistry that kills.
S E A S O N 1 M O M E N T S

{Continuing ...}
Old 04-20-2019, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

S E A S O N 2 M O M E N T S

S E A S O N 3 M O M E N T S

C E L E B R A T I N G ...

The Buffelia Fever...

It starts with curious lurking in the Buffelia thread. Buffy/Cordy shippers? How can that be? And then you click inside and make the occasional post. That is when the pictasms occur. And then you are innocently surfing the web for fan fiction. Before you know it they have taken hold of your dreams. Buffelia naked. Buffelia in the shower. Buffelia on the bed. Buffelia kissing. Buffelia groping. Buffy teaching Cordy that a Slayer trumps a vampire in the sack any night of the week. Even the name gets you sexed up. BUFFELIA. The way it moves in your mouth, your tongue caressing the word.
-- wilywiccan
a n i m a t i o n s

Does the cast hang out together?
Charisma Carpenter: We've started to, yeah. Sarah's great, really smart. She's doing a movie now, and she has no social life when she's working.
- 16, 1997-00-00

Did you see Scream?
Charisma Carpenter: Yeah, it scared me. I saw it with Sarah, Alyson and George (Joss' assistant.) Sarah and I were clutching hands screaming aloud. George and Alyson were embarrassed.
- Ultimatetv.com, 1997-06-02

If you were a vampire would you bite Buffy?
Charisma Carpenter: Yeah.
- AZ Family Fun Fest Interview, 1997-10-00

How do you like working with Sarah Michelle Gellar?

Charisma Carpenter : I love working with her - she is really talented, always prepared and a total veteran! We work well together, we have great chemistry - its like our own family we are very close!
- AOL/Easylum Chat, 1998

So it didn't drive you crazy to see Sarah Michelle Gellar suddenly on the cover of everything?

Charisma Carpenter: I think that's amazing, and I'm so happy for her. And she's been doing this a lot longer than I have. She is a veteran, and this has been a long time coming for her. She deserves it.
- TV Guide, 1998

Charisma Carpenter:
Sarah, Alyson [Hannigan] and I went to a spa in Ojai [California] together recently, it was so much fun. Sarah was telling us about all the new dishes she's been cooking. She's pretty domestic. I'm looking forward to being invited over! We're making a big effort this year to hang out more because I won't be coming back to Buffy next year. So I'm bonding with everyone as much as possible before I leave the show.
- Fit, 1998

Would you say that everyone on the Buffy cast gets along, or is there a little Buffy fighting
now and then?

Charisma Carpenter: [laughing] No, no. No Buffy fighting going on. I think it's like any normal friendships that you have when you work with a lot of people. What's really awesome is that I think we're all very vocal about how we're feeling. Like the other day Sarah, Aly and myself were doing this photo shoot and I wasn't feeling comfortable, so I kept complaining. Sarah kept asking if she could do anything for me -- she was just being very open and giving.
- Fit, 1998

Charisma Carpenter:
People love to hate her. She's Buffy's nemesis. I wouldn't say that Buffy hates Cordelia, though. It's more about competition.

-
Teen Celebrity, 1999

Paley Fest (2008)

Future Titles
Because they are the Betty and Veronica of BTVS
Because Cordelia wanted to help Buffy in WSWB
Because Buffy saved Cordelia’s life a lot
Because Cordelia respected Buffy too much to lie to her
Because Cordelia was always trying to share (in her own way) makeup and hair tips with Buffy
Because Cordelia’s mouth saved Buffy’s life in Homecoming
Because Cordelia was the one Buffy clung to when she was frightened in Halloween
Because Cordelia wouldn’t thrown Buffy out of her own house after seven years of friendship
Because when Cordy knew she was in trouble she trusted Buffy to help her
Because They like to think of it as "self-love" and not "self-involved"
Because They were the most attractive students SHS ever had!
Because Who needs a Core Four when you have this duo?
Because The Resident Freak + The Head Cheerleader = a ship needing to happen
Because Buffy didn't want other people to get to eat Cordy
"Did Xander send you to beg for him?" "I'm a free agent. I just wanted to see how you are."
BC "Buffy! Are you okay?" & "So Buffy's going for the big showdown, huh? I wish we could help."
BC "Sarah was in red, I was in green--we were Christmas together."
BC we were robbed of an episode of them together fighting after high school

Buffy&Cordy Links
leave me lying here
Buffy/Cordy Fansite
Cordelia Slash
Buffy/Cordy Fanfics
Volcano Girls
Deep Waters
Buffy/Cordy at Charisma Carpenter
Buffy/Cordy at Angel
Our 'lets pretend it's canon' moment

I C O N S

Old 04-20-2019, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tftnt!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-21-2019, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

YW! The OP is massive!!
Old 04-21-2019, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alicia- (View Post)
YW! The OP is massive!!
Carmen made it.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-23-2019, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes its really good
Old 04-24-2019, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-24-2019, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

loveit
Old 04-25-2019, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-25-2019, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

beautiful
Old 04-26-2019, 03:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 04-27-2019, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha Cordy´s reaction
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 04-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Haha Cordy´s reaction
I know.

Old 04-28-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love how she doesn’t even run it by her first