Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's one of like 100's things I would love to ask Joss.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-20-2015, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
That's one of like 100's things I would love to ask Joss.
Which is?
Old 10-23-2015, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going to go on a page by page rant of BtVS s10.

On the 1st page Buffy's inner monologue mentions that Giles used to try to get her to read the Thomas Wolfe book You can't go home again .

I love the idea of him doing that. Trying his best to share his love of literature and maybe start a watcher/slayer book club and just bond with her in ways that have nothing to do with their Callings.

What I'm not okay with is on the 2nd page when she thinks, "I never did read that book. Kinda my M.O."

Quit it already, people! Buffy reads. Buffy likes books. Buffy made it 4 semesters into university and only left because her mom just died of cancer and she became legal guardian of her younger sister. You don't get to lead class discussions and have professors compliment you and outscore Willow on assignments if your modus operandi is that of a bibliophobe. Repeat after me, BUFFY IS INTELLIGENT AND LITERATE.

Buffy wisdowm:

"Nostalgia can be dangerous. You get too comfortable...let your guard down...and bad things happen."
Old 10-23-2015, 08:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The new issue is about Spuffy dealing with the almost rape.

I've read some fans say the show pushed it under the rug.

I don't see that at all.

That was what Beneath You is Spike telling Buffy about his soul and what pushed him to to do it.

We even had Buffy flashback to the moment.

Spike talks about it in craziness how he hurt the girl in Help.

It's not like they never used the word rape.

Dawn made it clear she hated Spike b/c of it.

Spike also says he knows what he did was unforgivable in these words.

Spike: I can't say forgive me. Buffy all can do is tell you I've have changed.

Buffy is jumpy around him still in Him.

I'm sure there is more I could add.

The subject never would have been brought up at all if it was swept under the rug too.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-23-2015, 08:35 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that the attempted rape was not brushed under the rug. There was more follow through with that than there was with any of the other attempted rapes or psudo-rapes on the series. Faith had sex in Buffy's body against Buffy's consent and nobody ever mentions it again after Sanctuary.

I will never understand how some fans can stop supporting Spike's character after Seeing Red. Did they miss the fact that he was soulless demon that brutally murdered thousand of innocent people? That is where they draw the line?

Some fans won't be happy unless Buffy is traumatized for life over it. Attempted rape is a very serious matter but they are forgetting that Buffy is literally a slayer of the forces of evil, was Guardian of the HELLmouth, was murdered several times, etc. And she has survived countless rape attempts (The Pack, Go Fish, Bargaining, etc.), some of which she doesn't even know about it (Reptile Boy).
Old 10-23-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't get how they can say that. It's why Spike wanted his soul to begin with
Old 10-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I agree that the attempted rape was not brushed under the rug. There was more follow through with that than there was with any of the other attempted rapes or psudo-rapes on the series. Faith had sex in Buffy's body against Buffy's consent and nobody ever mentions it again after Sanctuary.

I will never understand how some fans can stop supporting Spike's character after Seeing Red. Did they miss the fact that he was soulless demon that brutally murdered thousand of innocent people? That is where they draw the line?

Some fans won't be happy unless Buffy is traumatized for life over it. Attempted rape is a very serious matter but they are forgetting that Buffy is literally a slayer of the forces of evil, was Guardian of the HELLmouth, was murdered several times, etc. And she has survived countless rape attempts (The Pack, Go Fish, Bargaining, etc.), some of which she doesn't even know about it (Reptile Boy).
Bargaining when?

The Xander one though bothers me the most.

He is all Spike almost raped you.

Hypocrite!

Dawn and Buffy are also having a convo in Him about it among other things.

Dawn: He tried to rape you.

Buffy: Spike knows it's wrong that's why he went away.

Buffy in Touched.

Buffy to Spike No you really have problem with that word.

Old 10-23-2015, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Remember those demon bikers wanted to rape her to death. And the way they were talking it sounded like they might've had serrated cocks that would make each thrust equal being stabbed in the vagina.

Page 3....

Buffy "I kinda hoped bringing magic back would get people to stop with the shaming."

Ever since s8's finale, the world has been villifying Buffy. And even before that there were anti-Slayer riots and governments and organizations labeling Buffy as Public Enemy #1. Angel has not gotten a quarter of the hate.

They shame Buffy for being Queen of the Slayers. They shame Buffy for activating the Slayer line. They shame Buffy for being gifted with the powers in the Twilight prophecy. They shame Buffy for sleeping with Angel. They shame Buffy for destroying the Seed which ended the reign of magic on Earth.

Ohhhhhh lol

Buffy said to a female vampire "Let's just take care of business and go back to the traditional vampire/slayer dynamic, okay?" and the vamp responded "Your tradition? Sorry. I'm just not that into you." She totally just called Buffy on her history of falling in love/lust with vampires. ha ha

She called Buffy a skank!

I wonder how much of the underworld knows of Bangel & Spuffy and the almost Bacula (Buffy/Dracula).
Old 10-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's horrible!

Old 10-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

Page 4

The female vamp is named Vicki. Buffy is all "Seriously, Vicki the Vampire?" and of course that is pot calling the kettle poorly named and she's all "Because Buffy the Vampire Slayer is downright Shakespearean." Shows what she knows. The creator of BtVS is a Shakespeare connoisseur!

Spike is there. Buffy calls herself mean for being so confrontational with the vamp girl and Spike assures her that she is not prejudice. He's pretty much case in point.

Buffy is working with the vampires to take out the zompies and knows that once the zompies are gone she'll be back to slaying the vampires. So it is an "my enemy of my enemy is my friend until that enemy is gone and you are once again my enemy" situation.

I'm digging her shirt and belt. For a second I thought it was a weapons holster.

Page 5

I swear if Willow levitates one more freakin time I'm going to find a way to jump into the comic book world and kick her in the face. It's so annoying. And if she is so concerned with using up her new "raw" and "strong" magic powers maybe she shouldn't constantly be flying. It would be one thing if it was one of her natural abilities like the Spellman women on Sabrina or Phoebe Halliwell s3 onwards but Willow got it from suctioning off magic books/other sorcerers/outside sources. It is not part of her.

A little girl just asked Dawn if she is a "super" person too. Girl thinks of Willow as a "super" person. I will never be comfortable thinking of Willow that way when I know how she got her powers. It is closer to the current (lovable) villain---Rowena, 400 year old redheaded witch and mother of Crowley, the King of Hell---on Supernatural than a real witch/super-being.

Andrew is in it. I'm so sick of him. I get what Joss is trying to do with the character but it didn't work with Topher on Dollhouse either. The only place it worked was Marty in The cabin in the woods.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 10-23-2015 at 11:14 PM
Old 10-24-2015, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

From new issue.

Old 10-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Back To School In BUFFY: THE HIGH SCHOOL YEARS | Newsarama.com

This is weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
I don't get how they can say that. It's why Spike wanted his soul to begin with
There are fans that think Spike wanted chip out but the demon gave him a soul instead.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Back To School In BUFFY: THE HIGH SCHOOL YEARS | Newsarama.com

This is weird.

There are fans that think Spike wanted chip out but the demon gave him a soul instead.

People are stupid
Old 10-28-2015, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I need to find out what happened with Buffy's dad in the comic he was in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
People are stupid
It's said by Spike in Sleeper.

Spike to Buffy

The chip they did to me.

The soul I got on my own for you.

That's not fan wanking it's True Canon.

Spike tells Buffy this himself all spelled out.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I need to find out what happened with Buffy's dad in the comic he was in.

It's said by Spike in Sleeper.

Spike to Buffy

The chip they did to me.

The soul I got on my own for you.

That's not fan wanking it's True Canon.

Spike tells Buffy this himself all spelled out.
Did they actually put him in?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top