Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 02-16-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks. I just know I don't want the board colors changed that much.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I want the colors back to the dark pink and light pink I think it made it stood out with darker colors.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't want perfect Spuffy & SMG/JM OP's ruined.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 02-16-2017, 11:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
I don't want perfect Spuffy & SMG/JM OP's ruined.
I have only looked at those two OPs and the majority of the pictures in these have transparent backgrounds so will not be ruined if the posting colour is changed. Every graphic in the SMG/JM is that way so it will not be ruined at all, it is just a couple in the Spuffy one.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is it possible that we can stick with similar colors but go like a few shades darker?
Old 02-16-2017, 11:51 PM
Elite Fan

Darker where? Some shades need to be lightened (such as the posting background colour changed to white). But we no longer do dark boards so the darker shades would have to go elsewhere such as the buttons, links, and top bar.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Darker where? Some shades need to be lightened (such as the posting background colour changed to white). But we no longer do dark boards so the darker shades would have to go elsewhere such as the buttons, links, and top bar.
Well what do you suggest Jaime concern is about the OP not matching like they would.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

As I said, one of them will not be affected as the images are transparent. All it will mean is that white will show up behind them instead of the current yellow/beige.

I have no idea what your previous colours looked like but perhaps you would like to have a mixture of pinks, beige/tan, and yellow shades? This is not it but it does seem to fit her in my mind. Something like this mixed with your current colours might work? Otherwise if you are happy with these colours and do not want to change we can use these colours again, however the board will look different. The OPs (Spuffy of those two) are going to be affected either way so personally I would go with whatever colours you would like to see here and not just settle for something because it matches the OPs. I understand that these colours were not necessarily what you were hoping for in the past and while you may be used to them now if there are colours you would be more happier with then I recommend going with them. I am currently in contact with Jaime and we are discussing those concerns over the OPs and I can see what I can do to save some of the Spuffy one. I strongly recommend not being concerned over them, and focus more on what you would like to see here . This is not meant to be a negative thing and we are not trying to be mean to you, we just wish to give you a refreshed look which can be quite exciting. We also are not trying to force changes onto you, there just will be some changes which will need to be made as we change things to make them easier on the eyes and more consistent across the site.

Does Sarah have any recent photoshoots which you would like to see used in the graphic?
Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Dawson's Creek

I wasn't here when you had pink shades, but perhaps they would look nice.

Oh, it would include the beige/tan and yellow too?
Old 02-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like pink shades idea.

We will have a new Spuffy OP made for the 300th & based on when this is all complete.

Old 02-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

If you would like to go back to pink what shades would you like to see here? There are a number of different colour scheme ideas on the Design Seeds website if you would like to take a look there and see if there is anything you like .

Are there any pictures you would like to see us use? I did a quick search and found some from 2015 here and some more here. It looks like that year has the most recent pictures but we may be able to put together something from the 2016 pictures those two sites have. Do any of those photoshoots/pictures stand out to you? Or do you know of any others?

(When you redo the OP I recommend making sure that the graphics have transparent backgrounds and are not made with a base colour so it does not matter what colours are put behind the graphic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaL80 (View Post)
Oh, it would include the beige/tan and yellow too?
What colours you have is completely up to all of you, that was simply one suggestion that I was making based on comments made.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was thinking maybe this shade it was similar to how we had it before.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQfqQmKgZyb/
Old 02-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's pretty.

Old 02-17-2017, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Alone it would be too harsh on the eyes so it would need to be combined with more lighter tones, and possibly some darker ones as well. We can easily do that though so we can use that colour scheme .