Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii

So Pea, why this obsession with your friends's fathers? I'm never letting you meet mine, seeing as you're all into him already. Even though you've never even met him.

Oi. Let's not forget how he helped me with my computer quiz. Awwww. How cool was that? I've met Bijal's dad so I can be obsessed. Right? Although that just makes it creepier...
Dude, Sam's dad rocks too. Remember how he scared the ***** out of Li? That was hilarious!

My mum got me eyecream. My brother got me earrings. I think my mum gave him the money to go buy them which is unfair because I bought his with my own money. Hmph. My friend got me a doll. It's not a silly doll, but a really cool plushy doll. I wanted it for ages, but never got around to buying it. So happy when I got it. She also made the box herself. Because my b'day is on Monday, I didn't get to see my friends. *bawl* We are going out Saturday night though.

In the Colleen McCullough book, Archilles and his pal get really intimate. They sleep together. Heee. It really is an interesting book.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:32 PM
Passionate Fan

Oooh, in my SuperSecret SpyKit, I forgot to mention that I also have a fingerprint kit (complete with latex gloves), some fake foreign currency and some intel and a newspaper article in Russian (apparently when translated, the intel speaks of rendezvous points for meetings) and a security badge. I have Level 9 Security Clearance and an Agent number. Heeee!

<--- is having WAY too much fun with this - I thought the Jack Bristow magnets that E made me a two Christmases ago were supercool, but this...this totally is unbelievable. Ditto to everyting Eli said about E. She's quite possibly the kindest, smartest, funniest, wittiest, most generous and genuine person I know and I'm so lucky she's my friend. She really is my hero...well, one of them. I feel lame saying this to you all instead of to her, but I'm sure it will all come out this summer as it gets closer for her to leave. Sigh.

Anyway, I fully intend to enhance my kit with the SuperSecret Expansion pack - bugkillers, more disguises, a cool weapon or two, minicameras, bugs, other techy gadgets. Wheee!

And I have a little noteboook and on the cover it says: Beware of Female Spies. Women are being employed by the enemy to secure information from Navy men, on the theory that htey are less liable to be suspected than male spies. Beware of inquisitive women as well as prying men. See Everything. Hear Everything. Say Nothing. Silence is Safety.

Apparently, the cover is an actual advertisement that was used in WWII.

So I finally turned in my bar application today (along with an obscene amount of money to take a 2-day test for which I will have to bust my ass). It's such a relief to have it done, though I suppose I could have been relieved much earlier had I actually, you know, completed it before the day it was due. E's parents left this morning at 9, so I was up at 8 (we went to bed at 3, after watching Legally Blonde, somewhat appropriate in light of the day's earlier events). I napped for about 45 minutes, got up, finished the application and wrote a recommendation letter, and then headed downtown to turn it in. While we were there, we walked by City Hall and we hung out to watch history happen, since today was the first day that any state in the country was performing legally recognized gay marriages - it was also the 50th anniversary of Brown v. Board of Education, the Supreme Court decision which declared unconstitutional segregation in public schools (the Massachsuetts Supreme Court judges who upheld the constitutionality of gay marriages totally set May 17 as the starting date on purpose to fall on Brown's anniversary in order to make a statement about equality and rights). It was so cool to be there and I can't believe I didn't have my camera. If we'd have been there earlier, I'm sure there would have been more people and more fanfare (especially since marriages started being performed at midnight), but it was still pretty amazing nonetheless. It was just such a powerful moment to witness, and especially more so to coincide with graduating from law school, and it truly confirmed my belief that the law is about change and is constantly evolving and revising itself and that people can be conduits for that change.

All in all, it was just beautiful.

E said we should get married just to piss our dads off.

But we didn't.

Speaking of dad's, Pea, I don't wanna hear about any crushes on my daddy, okay? Keep it to yourself. :tongue:

The Sarkney Ficathon deadline was this past Saturday, and so today, during the times I have been conscious (I took a 3-hour nap when I got home this afternoon), I've been reading some absolutely lovely Sarkney fic. There's just so much to choose from, it's like a little present all for me.

Even though mostly only Eli reads S/S, I'm going to go ahead and rec some stuff here:

The list is here, but it's not complete, as some entries haven't been turned in yet. There's some amazing reading, especially The Domestication of a Wild Rose (quite possibly the best S/S I've ever read. It's just So. *****ing Beautiful. And the literary devices the author has used are genius and work so well within the framework of the story) and The Story of Us (one of the few fics in which an Original Character - a child - is more fascinating than annoying and contrived). I've read a few others that was excellent as well, but there's tons more left. Wheee!

Also, found these (referring to the S/S stories, not the slash, though I'm sure they're excellent), and I've only started one, but so far, it's v. intriguing and definitely original.

Lastly, SD-1.net has a new story in the NC-17 section entitled Sanctuary that's really well written and compelling, which is rare in the mess of crap that's usually there.

More to come later....

Happy Constitition Day to Norway. I'm superlate in saying it, but I was totally thinking about it earlier today when I was downtown. May 17 is superspecial.

My friend, M, is leaving tomorrow to move back home to take the New York state bar classes before she moves to NY. Sigh. I'm going to miss her so much. We're losing our third musketeer. M's never spent her summers here in Boston, but we always knew she would be coming back once the school year began. But now...there's no more school year and she's not coming back and I don't know what I'm going to do when the three of us - who have managed to form this weird, dysfunctional yet functional unit where we manage to finish each other's sentences and think the same thoughts without having to actually speak them and genuinely love and respect each other - are separated.

I hate goodbyes.

Last edited by Bijal; 05-17-2004 at 09:37 PM
Old 05-17-2004, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

Hee, I just watched ep 12, 'The Secret'. I really liked this episode, I actually got a little sniffly. I felt sooo bad for Luke's dad, the actor that they got to play him did a really good job. I just wanted to hug him.

Oh and Ryan/Luke bondage (No, not like that perv's) was soooo adorable. *sigh* I loved when they hit those two jackasses at the same time. Aw, finally they were fighting on the same team. Bwah, now they could make a fight club, poor Seth... lmfao he couldn't fight to save his life. Oh and damn, Luke looked fine. His eyes are dreamy, there soooo blue.

Oh, oh and my new favourite word: "Yogalattes"! Heeeee! Oh man, when Sandy kept saying it with everything, made me giggle. The idea of yoga and pillates, sound fun though. And would be a super workout, hmm... I wonder if its a real class!

Speaking of Sandy, a big 'Awww' to him finding out about the kiss, although I don't think he should have been as upset given that Rachel had come on to him and unlike Jimmy she honestly thinks that something is going on between them. Skank! Leave 'Kandy' alone. Oh and awesome acting by Peter Gallagher. His face when Jimmy let the cat out of the bag, wow... oh and when he was all "Oh yeah and I feel so much better now" and his voice broke. Awesome. I love Sandy!

Total 'hee' and Summer/Anna becoming buddies. But I gotta say, I don't think I would have rushed to hang out with someone who flosses their teeth in a public bathroom. Ew! Like save it for home sweetie. ::shudder::

Oh and Seth's adorable dancing at the beginning hee. Lmfao, just when I think that was the cutest thing he's ever done, he does something even more adorable in the next episode and completely resets the cutie-pie scale. (Yes, I will admit some portions of that speech were taken from BTVS -Willow, re: Miss Kitty Fantastico)

Oh and Kirsten and Julie bonding too. Aw! I love these two aswell. And lmfao Julie is soooo heartless. But I love that. But I also love that she seems to be softening slightly, and she was adorable with the bringing the plant over and the use of the 'P.S'... totally made me love her more. And just to add in my own P.S - damn, I would love to get to their age and look as awesome as they do. The O.C has one damn attractive cast.

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii
And thank you with the Orlando. You're alone here, Sam. Or that is, you and Pea are. He might look 19'ish normally but in Troy he's 15. Go watch it. You'll understand.
Ew, no way. I've seen the ads, and the movie looks boring. Lmfao and remember those movies depress me!

Oh god, lmfao I remember you guys were scared about meeting my dad, because I said he laughed and called you guys '****ing idiots' over something lmfao. But you guys totally took it the wrong way, lmfao and I was trying to warn you about him. Lmfao the term '****ing idiot' is an affectionate term with my dad. Lmfao, like if I say something really blonde and it makes him laugh, he'll laugh and say that. But I warn people because lmfao some people don't have the humour that our family has, lmfao... luckily you guys handled it lol... i think! lmfao! But aww, the kitchen line up was the cutest thing ever. Oh god Eli, lmfao remember Louise? Man, you got to nip her in the butt or you will be there for hours. Hee.

That sucks that you have to say good-bye to your best friends Bijal and yes it will definately be hard. Me and my two bestfriends, we were referred to by everyone as 'S3', we have necklaces with an 'S' with all of our names on it, and any party invitations were written out to 'S3' (thats 'cubed' not 'three' btw) Anyway, one left last year she moved to England and it was horrible. I cried heaps - I mean we speak every week on the phone and SMS everyday, but its so not the same. So I can absolutely relate to that and a big *hug* to you.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

New obsession again, Katie? He's cute. But I don't know anything about him and I haven't seen any of his movies. Not that I know of, at least. I've heard the name, though.

Aw, yes, Pea, dad helped you with the quiz. That was so funny. You sent me the questions and he answered them.

Yay for great pressies.

Dude, you better find a way to show us this kit. Cause I totally want to see all the stuff in it.

And yes, tell Erin that.

Yay for having turned in the bar application. Also yay for May 17th in Mass. Glad y'all had fun at the marriage thing.

Thanks for the SS links. I'm already reading Santuary, btw. It's well written. I read everything worth reading at sd-1.net, remember. Thanks for the others, though. I'm gonna have so much fun checking them out. I should be studying, but that'll have to wait til I've at least read some of them. Cause this dish just can't wait. Whee!

Aw, that's so sad that M is leaving already. I hate goodbyes.

About the daddys. That is, Sam's daddy. I remember you tried to scare us to death, saying he said all kinds of things. I don't know about the others, but I can't say I was terrified before we were gonna meet him. More like curious. Your dad is adorable, though. I totally fell for him and I absolutely dig his kind of humor. Right up my own alley.

Fine, you don't have to watch Troy, but then I suggest you stop saying he doesn't look 15 in it.

Last edited by Eliii; 05-18-2004 at 03:43 AM
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yoggalates are real! They have them at my gym! we should try it one day!! hehe You know what i've always wondered? (while on the topic of gym classes) what is a spinning class? i've always wanted to know

hehe samii's dad...i remeber the first time i spoke to him on the phone and he thought i was your sister (your somewhat scary sister after you told me those stories, although u are kinda scary too now *runs and hides from Rebel Sam* j/k) anyway, i couldn't stop laughing for ages after. Though now i don't really know why coz it's really not that funny. BUT IT WAS AT THE TIME!

Luke is becoming such a hottie! just wait till ep 24 he is all kinds of fine!

I'm getting ep 13 tomorrow!!!!! i think i need an O.C. dance coz i feel like dancing everytime i get an ep! ahaha

Eli it's not just you - i'm actually finding my essay topic very interesting, now that i understand it! Ooh and our lecturer gave us all an extension! so yay! now i can watch alias tonight instead of just taping it!!!!

Hey katie! i'm jen btw can't remeber if i introduced myself to ya? anyway i totally see the hotness of jake gyllenhaal, and those eyes!*sigh*

i really wanna see the day after tomorrow! i reckon it looks cool and different to other 'end-of-the-world' movies (ie the core, deep impact, armageddon, argh there are SO many) but yeah this one looks like it could be better.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Love the avie, Jen. Best Alias wig in history. Hee.

Quote:
Originally posted by jenindi
what is a spinning class? i've always wanted to know
Basically bicycles. It's those bikes that don't move, you know? And there's music and switch in tempo. And you also twist that little thingy to create downhill or uphill. It's horrible.

Sam's whole family is a trip. Ohh, I forgot to say in my other post. Of course I remember Louise. Thanks to her I didn't have to help getting the bed ready, lmao. We had fun and it was nice to have a smoking buddy.

Extensions are good, hee. I'm glad you find it more interesting now. Once we understand things, it's amazing how much more fun and interesting they become.

Funny with The Day After Tomorrow. When we saw Troy, there was a preview for that movie and we said it looked exactly like those Deep Impact and God knows what the others were called kind of movie. Heh. I'm sure I'll watch it at some point, though.

Okay, so am I the one who has to start the new thread. Bijal, that other title you wanted to use in this thread? Can we use that one now?? I'll just start a thread and then we'll put title in later.

New Thread