Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

It sounded more like 'I'm in pain and so will you'

I really want an IPod, but it's so expensive. Check this out "Prices could fall by as much as 50 percent in the next 12-18 months," OMG. I love when they compete and drive the price down. *squeals*
Old 07-01-2004, 07:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Okay, so here's the long, not terribly exciting saga.

I'm currently studying for the Massachsuetts Bar Exam. For those who don't know, if you want to practice law in the U.S., you have to be licensed in the state in which you're practicing. Each state has a Bar Exam you must pass before or soon after you begin practicing law. So, currently, I'm studying for the Mass. bar. Unfortunately, I don't have a job. Not in Massachusetts, not anywhere. So, my dilemma these past few weeks is what to do once I take the exam - stay here, find a new apartment and keep looking for a job in Massachusetts (or even outside Mass, as I'm willing to go most anywhere and will even take another Bar Exam if I have to *cries at the thought*) or move home (to Lousiana) temporarily and search for a job (in Mass. and in other states) from there. It's more convenient to look for a job in Mass. while I'm here, obviously, but it's cheaper to move home and and not have to pay the crazy expensive monthly rent, worry about finding a new apartment (my current roommate is moving to Philadelphia and our lease ends this month) and also not worry about signing a lease (because if I do sign a lease, it'd most likely be a year lease - those are the most common - and if I find a job elsewhere, I'd have to break the lease and I'd still have to pay the rest of the rent for the time remaining on the lease).

So, I decided to move home. Moving home means that I can't keep my cat, because my parents aren't fond of cats and also because I'm not comfortable taking him on a plane. I'd do it if I had to and if my parents were okay with me bringing him, but they're not so....my roommate gets him.

My roommate had found an apartment last week in Philadelphia, but a couple of days ago (when she got back here and after she filled out the application, etc) she found out that the landlord doesn't allow cats in the apartment. So...problem. Her mom offered to take kitty for the time being (at least until I found a job and was settled somewhere, 'cause then I could take him), but she'd want to have him declawed, which is the one thing we didn't want to do to him, 'cause ouch. And plus, it's not fair for her mom to deal with him, as he's fairly high maintenance and he's our responsibility. But I feel awful, because this means that my roommate has to go back down to Philly and look for an apartment, all in the middle of this insane studying (which we've totally been slacking off on, and which she hasn't done much of b/c she's spent the past two weekend in Philly and because her mom was here visiting until today, which was also a lovely study distraction for me; it was fun, though, and we had a good time). So she has to go back down sometime in the next week or so and try to find a place ASAP and then come back up here and study, study, study. And in the middle of all this, we have to pack. A lot. Seriously, she's got at least 20 boxes of books alone, and while I don't have that much stuff, I've still got a lot. And I have to box it all up and ship it home before the exam, so that once I take this damn thing, I only have to deal with a little last minute packing.

So, that's where I am right now. Packing, feeling sad because I'm not going to be living with my roommate and have my kitty with me for the next year (I may have him in a year, as my roommate's job is only for a year, and after that, who knows where she'll get a job, and we decided that we'd have joint custody of kitty so that he'd always be with either of us at any given time).

LL's boobs in the movie should have gotten special billing. "And introducing, LL's breasts!"
Old 07-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Elite Fan

So, last night I went to thee best movie theater in the whole world. It was completely old-fashioned with black and white photos everywhere, the seats in the movie theater were leather, and it was a resturant.

I saw [i]Spiderman 2[/b] there which although good, wasn't nearly as good as the original. Some of the lines were just too cheesy and I laughed out loud at parts that were not meant to be funny. It was good though, I would reccommend it, but all the reviews have been talking about how it beats the original and I just don't think so.

I am psyched for Spiderman 3, even though it won't be out until 2007, but because the second set-up the third one perfectly and I have been waiting for this storyline to be explored.

James Franco rocks my socks though. He's hot. 'Nuff said.

I got a super cool avatar - as you all can see, of Rachel Bilson. There's another fabulous one in waiting for after this one, but I am such a sucker for black and white photos so this one may be around for awhile.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Katie! You're avie and you're sig are too cool!

I wish we had a cinema like that in W.A. The older one in the city are just kitschy and gross and if you look at the carpet for too long you start to feel dizzy.

James Franco is fine! I loved him in Freaks and Geeks!
Post some pics! Hey, like how many posts do I have to do before I can post attachments??

Bijal, could you maybe smuggle your cat into your parents house without them knowing?? And maybe you could sedate him for the flight? Ok, I know nothing about cats or transporting animals by plane.

Pea that site is hilarious! I wonder what their music is like if they are a boy band.

Sam, dude, it's not moaning, or if it is I can't hear it, but my sound is up pretty loud. All I can hear is the wind, but I’ll try it again.

So my sister was saying that Frankie wasn't Eamon's girlfriend? Or that she doesn't know if his song is actually about her, she just felt like writing a reply to his song? Crazy.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok so I've been listening to that creepy Grudge website for about 10 minutes, and just when I was about to close it, I heard the moan. Finally. But it didn't sound like a girl...more like a man? Unless I'm hearing a totally different sound...
Old 07-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Master Fan

Katie - I am a sucker for black and white photo's too. They look so classy and Rachel looks so gorgeous in those pictures. BTW, I love your siggy, that specific line "ew random" *sigh* I will be forever grateful, it comes in so handy.

Jen my friend and I went to Greater Union in the City, and that cinema is pretty flash I thought. Although, I could be easy considering I come from the "ghetto" but it was quite a romantic setting , all red and warm, and candlish lighting, and those seats that turn into couch things - you could tell it was made like that to get people in the mood Oh and Frankie was on the Nova the other day, and she was saying that they dated when they were 15 :: but then he is saying that they have never met, which given how much she slags him in that song, I'm not surprised he denied it. And maybe I thought it was a girl moaning because of that girl behind the newspaper.

Stupid Question Number 2 - What the frilly heck is an I-Pod? I hear people talking about them all the time, and I just nod and go "ooh" but no more damnit. What is it?

Bijal - Aw dude, everything seems so complicated for you at the moment. I hope it all settles down. It probably will once you've finished moving, because well, moving is a bitch. BTW, completely OT... do you watch 'Tru Calling', do you like it? Oh and have you got back into '24' yet?
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:47 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know, Sam. I'm not good at picking favorites. All the seasons are great in their own way. Season 3 has the most flaws, though.

Bijal, when are you going home?

Finally a picture of the Red Elektra costume is out. Whee! She looks really stunning. It's definitely more clothes than in the original comic book costume, but like Jen says herself, they had to do it like that so the movie didn't become an X-rated kind. So it's pretty much the same cut as the DD one, only in red this time.

Last edited by Eliii; 07-02-2004 at 03:07 AM
Old 07-02-2004, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Bijal, wow. Poor roomy too. I hope she finds a new apt soon so that kitty can stay with her.

Katie, I want your theatres! Leather? Dude!
Old 07-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jenindi
Katie! You're avie and you're sig are too cool!
Quote:
Katie - I am a sucker for black and white photo's too. They look so classy and Rachel looks so gorgeous in those pictures. BTW, I love your siggy, that specific line "ew random" *sigh* I will be forever grateful, it comes in so handy.
I know! Hehe, I just love it to death and the next avatar I have rocks also but it will be awhile before I use it.

Eli: Thanks for the Elecktra update. I'm glad the costume is too revealing, unlike Halle Berry's catwoman thing.

yoshhh: It's only this one theater. Seeing Spiderman 2 was my first time there, but it rocks so much. I'm probably going to go there more often.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Passionate Fan

I want a Gmail invite. Anyone here got one?

Marlon Brando's dead.

I lovelovelove Season 2 of The West Wing. ::snuggles Season 2::

I'm looking forward to the long weekend.

I need more boxes and tape.
Old 07-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

Bijal, try Walmart or the supermarkets. They normally have tons of old boxes that you can get for free.

I got a routable IP addy from school now so all my programs should work just fine. *sighs* I'm already at Suprnova
Old 07-02-2004, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Our theatres have leather seats too. And they recline. At least the newer theatres.

What the :bleep: is a Gmail?

Katie, it's Elektra. No C. What? I get hung up on details when it comes to JG. And it was my pleasure. I agree that there isn't really any point in having her run around pretty much naked.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

The S2 Alias BT is huge. It'll take me a whole month to get it. *cries*

I just watched the pilot of JoA. All of it, not just the first 20 mins It is excellent. I love Amber Tamblyn and the whole cast. The last time I was this excited about all the cast members of a show was Buffy and WW.
JoA really does deserve all the praises it has received. *sighs*

I definitely prefer Michelle Pfeiffer's catwoman costume to Halle's.

OMG. I miss my dog sooo much. My mum emailed me and said that at night he waits by the front door for me Bijal, smuggle kitty into the house if you can. I was never a big pet person, but after living with a dog for a year.. *sniff* I miss my dog soooo much. Saying goodbye to him was harder than saying goodbye to the family I'll have to post some pics of my dog next time The only thing USU housing allows us to keep is fish. Yup. Fishies. Ew. I don't like their beady eyes. Ew.

Last edited by yoshhh; 07-02-2004 at 07:42 PM
Old 07-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Master Fan

I really want to see this JoA now, so much hype, I must watch it. I saw the previews on my OC VCD's and it looked pretty intriguing.

So... no one knows what an I-Pod is?
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Sam, you should watch JoA. It is really good and it is SO not "Touched by the angel".

Dude, I know what an IPod is. I want one. Real bad.

BTW, what is SMG doing in your avie? LMFAO.