Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

They follow the American example in Australia? That's just crazy. Thankfully it's way too conservative for us. We all know how shocked I am and how outside my ability it is to even understand some of the opinions over there are.

Norway doesn't really kiss Bush's ass per se. I mean, Norway is pretty pro USA, but like our Prime Minister said this morning, he has never had problems telling Bush when he disagrees with him and he won't have that problem now either. Talking war politics here. It's just that Norway's view isn't exactly the most important when it comes to that.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Well its odd, like their is a definate anti-American sentiment here (dude, you should have seen our ARIA awards. Awkward! Eek) but as a nation stance we are Pro-USA. Mostly out of fear that we'll be attacked one day and we'll need the USA's help.

And *sigh* I wish our PM was like yours. Seriously, Howard is just Bush's mini-me.

Man, Michael Moore must be having a fit. I look forward to his next doco, its going to be so angry and bitter.

I *heart* Michael Moore.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

*screams*

Sam, I completely feel for you. S. Korea has a president who kisses Bush's ass 24/7. When he was campaigning, he lied to everyone and said he would stand up to the US and get us on an even ground, but once he got into office.. it all went to hell. Grrrr. It was a huge topic in the campaign because we have US troops stationed there and a couple of years ago they accidentally ran over a little girl with their truct/tank. The Koreans wanted him tried in a Korean court, but that wasn't going to happen BTW, the other party tried to impeach him later on about sth else. It was pretty funny. I remember people feeling very betrayed by him. There is a lot of anti-Bush feelings in S. Korea too. We've sent troops into Iraq and Koreans are veryvery against that. However, the threat of war with N. Korea makes it necessary that we play nice.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

I'm so upset!!

I don't understand how so many people could vote for him. It was the scare tactics that the Bush campaign used.. Man I'm depressed.

icon by Ann - Shadowhunter
Old 11-03-2004, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I can't say much more than I already have. I'm disappointed and confused, but democracy worked. The people spoke and apparently, there are more of them than there are of me. And while I wish it wasn't the case, it is and I'm just too tired to be angry at people for exercising their choice (even if I disagree and don't understand it) and particpating in the process.

I'm going to focus on the good things - record turnouts, more awareness, Barrack Obama (Obama 2008! Or 2012!).

And now, to completely change the subject, because there's nothing more to be done and life does go on (or, well, it has to), Pea, did you see Veronica Mars yet? OMG SO GOOD. There are so many layers!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

It is at 13.9% I will probably watch it when I get back from school/work. This show has sucked me in completely. It did back in eppy 2, but it just keeps getting better.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
He's not. He's pro-choice. Which is more than I can say for George Bush.
I'm very pro-life so I don't care if Kerry was pro-choice. Pro-life supporters still understand abortion in cases of rape and incest but if you are just flat-out stupid and get knocked up, step up and take responsibility. If your mature enough to have sex and deal with then, then you are mature enough to understand the consequences to it. If you feel that you cannot raise a child, put the child in adoption, make a family where a mother is unable to concieve a happy family.

And it's not the fact that Kerry is pro-choice - it's the fact he is for partial-birth abortion. It's used after 4.5 months and by that time, the baby is forming. It is growing little fingers and toes and it's in there. They then have the baby and when it comes out, they leave the head in their and prick it's neck (sometimes with scissors) and it instantly kills the baby. I'm sorry but when it's an actual baby and you're willing to kill it, that's wrong.

And the weird thing about it, and this is was truly bugs me, is that Kerry is against the death-penatly. How does that make any sense? You're willing to kill an innocent baby but oh, please, don't kill the murderers who are killing innocent people.

I find no justice in that and it repluses me to no end.

~

bijal: I voted for Obama so I was thrilled he won. I'm Republican but I really like him.

Last edited by -Katie-; 11-03-2004 at 09:54 PM
Old 11-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie
Logan is making Rory so much more likeable. And I like him.
Dear God, but I agree. I can't believe I actually enjoyed the teen storyline this week. Even though the secret society crap is so last season, it was mildly entertaining. Best part? When Rory was climbing up the ladder, the wire? That's the worst wire removal work I've ever seen. In the way that there was no wire removal. Oh silly, I'm not talking about the wires they had on when they jumped, but the security wire for Alexis when she was climbing up.

Aaaand I think we're done with the political talk for today... This subject is way too sensitive and this pro-life/pro-choice post has certainly riled me up. I have a post written (and I'm itching to post it cause I need to get this out), but I've been adviced not to post it. And that's probably for the best. So let's keep this thread fluffy and happy, and keep the sensitive political debates out of the picture. I don't want to get into "fights" here of all places.

Back to fluff. Okay, I've spared you all of JG talk for like a week now. Or maybe even longer.

These two are just the cutest ever. Awwwwwwww. Sighs.

Last edited by Eliii; 11-03-2004 at 09:04 PM
Old 11-03-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

That US vote has probably set the country back a few steps, IMO. I saw Kerry as a way of moving forward. Apparently not. But then again, I know absolutely nothing about politics...I just liked Kerry's manifesto.

Did anyone catch Bush's statement? I sat around to watch Kerry/Edwards but I couldn't be bothered waiting for Bush's. Glad it's over now and we'll see what his last four years has in store for us.

Fluffy and happy? How will we ever achieve that?

for everyone?
Old 11-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think it's best to lay off the abortion topic. I'm so sensitive about that. And the army. I support Bush and the troops, especially considering one of my best friends has gone into the army and who knows if he will shipped off somewhere. And he's a great guy.

Anyhoo..

Quote:
Dear God, but I agree. I can't believe I actually enjoyed the teen storyline this week. Even though the secret society crap is so last season, it was mildly entertaining. Best part? When Rory was climbing up the ladder, the wire? That's the worst wire removal work I've ever seen. In the way that there was no wire removal. Oh silly, I'm not talking about the wires they had on when they jumped, but the security wire for Alexis when she was climbing up.
I just adore Logan. He's so cute and he's not completely obsessed with Rory and he challenges her, something different we are seeing.

Adore him.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

I adore Logan too, but from a different show. Watch Veronica Mars folks. It is a very witty show and full of twists.
Bijal, I loved the episode on Tuesday, but then again I loved all the episodes. The Lily Kane mystery is killing me. I also loved that we got to see Logan's family. Lisa and her hubby. Hee. And the belt scene at the end? My poor Logan. Logan and Lily had to be the best/funnest couple ever. I SO ship them although Lily is dead. I had hoped that they would address the phone call from Veronica's mum. I want to know what she thought about that.

OTH was very entertaining too. That musician guy, Chris, is so.. eh. Talking about how many guys want to f**ck your wife is just so ew. I also enjoyed Brooke/Haley shopping scene. I love it when the girls hang out. They have so much chemistry together and seem to have genuine fun.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

Dude, I was literally all "WTF" at the Logan/belt scene. I couldn't understand what he was doing in the closet and then...OMG. And Lisa Rinna, just sitting there calmly sipping on her gin and tonic or whatever the hell it was. Holy crap, this explains so much about Logan and why he is the way he is. Dude's got serious issues.

I'm so hoping he and Veronica can work together on this Lily mystery, but that's just wishful thinking on my part, I think...and 'cause I read a fic with a similar premise, lol.

And I like that we keep getting glimpses into why Veronica and Logan were together and what she saw in him, 'cause at first, I was so confused since he seemed to be so robotic and bland. He's slowly coming back to life and it's nice to see.

Also, and VERY intrigued about Lily and Weevil. Interesting. Very interesting.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaam, where is my (and Pea's) FS S2 review?!
Old 11-04-2004, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

You mean Veronica and Duncan Yeah. I hated how he was so boring and dull, but there must've been sth about him that Veronica liked. I like the looks she gives him or the skanks he go out with. Heh. And I was kinda surprised when she actually talked to him today.

I had a feeling about Weevil and and Lily from the memorial fountain episode. He cried! But then wouldn't it be a little too similar to his cousin's romance with Paris?

I hope we get to see more of Lisa Rinna and her husband (I don't remember his name Mark Hamil?). They both did a great job. Who knew that Mark Hamil could play evil and creepy so well.

It took me a while to get the sneakers twist. I'm slow like that. I had to stop and think for about three minutes, trying to piece it all together then I finally got it. I love that this show doesn't just spoon feed me everything.

BTW, I'll send you the fic review soon.
Old 11-04-2004, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Yep, I meant Veronica and Duncan. An unconscious slip, perhaps?

I figured there was something between Weevil and Lily but I like that it's being fleshed out some more and that right now, we're just being teased with whatever it turns out to be.

Oh, and dude, Mark Hamill? MH was LUKE SKYWALKER!

I believe you meant Harry Hamlin. ;p A little trivia: He's also Lisa Rinna's RL hubby.

Looking forward to the fic review. I found some new ones, so I shall send them along soon.

Last edited by *bijal*; 11-04-2004 at 04:32 AM
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Aawww sorry wind not change in America

when I carried my doughter I just saw on TV about it and then I saw people who pro Bush dancing and said "Four more years" I just laugh out of loud to see them and suddenly my doughter slaps my face