Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2003, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

As I understood it, the problem with living in NYC and the show shooting in LA was hard to fit into her schedule. And then there's the always present money issues. I hope she comes back, though. We need Lena back on the show.

I wish this board had spoilertags like TWoP.

This article was pretty cool. I've never seen 24, though, so I wouldn't know which show is better and more fun to watch, but it was still funny.

[ 11-16-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 11-18-2003, 04:35 AM
Master Fan

Omg dude Bijal, Tony was shot?? *bawl* I love him, he is so sexy lmfao! And yeah Tony and Michelle are my other love couple on that show!

Oh yeah dude, Australia media is crap. Lmfao, the Melissa George pimpage is ridiculous. I am guessing they think because she was on 'Home and Away' like the biggest soap in Australia people will tune in. But they spend alot of money advertising it here, its advertised all the time and little pop-ups keep popping up through-out other shows with the heading "It's coming - ALIAS Monday 2 hour finale".

Okay so, there are so many episodes to discuss that I have seen since last night, and so little time! I guess I'll go in order of what I have watched!

Season 2 Finale - It was good, but I must admit I was slightly dissapointed. They had been leading up to this massive Francie thing, and then we barely got to see Syd's reaction, she didn't seem that perturbed by it. I mean the fight was emotionally charged I guess, but I wanted more. I mean this is Francie were talking about here, I mean they were the very best of friends - she should of been more devastated I think. For something I had been anticipating for so long, it felt kind of rushed. I mean lets face it this was one of the major *things* to happen that year, and that was why I was looking forward to the finale to see Syd's reaction and I was left kind of dry! I did love the rest of it though, it was just that bit that dampened it for me. Dude Irina... wtf is up? Is her mother good or bad? I mean I just don't get it. I was so glad to hear her say "my love for you and your father was never a lie" Hee, I thought she only loved Syd but she loved them both! *does a dance* Oh and then end, I mean I knew what was coming, but it was still horrible to watch. The way she just ran into his arms, and not knowing how bad it all was! Sooo sadddd! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]

Season 3 Ep 1 - Lmfao, my mum and I put this on straight away after the episode finished at 10.30. Wow, I thought this episode was awesome! If I didn't think Jennifer Garner was a good actress before this, I would of by now! The scene when she was in the hospital bed and yells at Dixon was fantastic. Omg and the scene with her father dude, I was sooo shocked to see Jack looking like that. It scared me, he looked like a drugged up Santa Clause. Seriously, I am a big weepie baby, I was just bawling through-out this entire episode. Okay one thing I have to say about Jennifer Garner - lay off of the weights honey. Seriously, I think she has pumped herself farrrrr too much. The one scene in the first episode where she is wearing that red dress and walks out and blows up the car, she looked soooo masculine, she had like male shoulders. Seriously it looked like a guy dressing up as a chic, and my mum was all "where did her boobs go - theres only muscle there". I know we were talking about this the other day El's but wow I didn't realise just how much she had muscled up. She pretty damn close to body building status if you ask me! OOh and dude how much did I love Weiss's answer to Sydney's 'you lost weight', "yeah I gave up all the foods I really enjoy, so I'm miserable but I look really good". Bwah - so good!

The ep 2 didn't work for me! I'll have to figure out whats going on there.

Ep 3 - Aw dude I am loving Weiss/Sydney, seriously I never thought I would but awww there so adorable, and he's so wonderfully earnest and just adorable. I loved that drunk scene - he's great. Okay Lauren first off what is with Melissa's accent? Dude its like she can't be full American, she doesn't want to be completely Australian, so she throws in a bit of an English accent, and as a result every time she opens her damn mouth she takes us for a cross continental ride! Ugh! Okay I dislike Lauren, nuff said. She is evil. The devil incarnate. She is responsible for Syd's dissapearance! Everything bad that happens is her responsibility. Hmph! Okay now for the rational thought process, what a b*tch! she comes out of that briefing room where Sydney let loose on her @$$ (and rightfully so re: Eli's siggy) and then she goes all primary school and starts whinging about "I hate her - she was mean to me wah wah wah" and then at the end of the episode, she goes and puts on her mature shoes and is all "I don't want us to hate each other"...Wellllll, haven't we changed our tune you fried piece of tuna! Oh and she called Sydney condescending... pfft she was the one who was all "you poor thing, you don't understand our ways you are from the past" get a grip Eye-brows she's not Austin-bloody-Powers travelling from the freaking 60's!

Episode 4 - Hee finally I get to see Julia and Simon. Bwah! Awesome! Is it just me or does Simon have a very Spike like air to him (pre Buffy-whipped/Soul ****) I liked him. Hee, they have great chemistry, and I loved Vaughn trying to supress his jealousy - yeah keep twirling that ring man! Again Weiss rocksss! I loved Syd/Vaughn's "peach lipstick" convo, and her telling him she could not trust him. Ouch! I still feel bad for him, but dude last night in Aussie time they were having hot spy sex, and now he's married! Dude the stabbing hee, that was hot! I loved the look in his eyes when she grabs him, he sooooo wanted her. To me it didn't look like fear, it looks like desire! Bwah! Or maybe I'm just very biased! Whatever dude, me likey like!

Okay so episode 5 also doens't work, so I am going to go watch episode 6. But I will hopefully be able to fix the problem! *does a dance*
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 11-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii:
<STRONG> she looked soooo masculine, she had like male shoulders. Seriously it looked like a guy dressing up as a chic,...</STRONG>
Okay, that was a little harsh, wasn't it? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] But in light of our conversation the other day, I told you she was very...big this season. A guy, dressing up as a chic is not how I would describe her, though. Oh come on! It's not that bad. A guy?! And also, I can't believe you said she was close to be body builder'ish. I think body builders are gross (and especially female builders) but I don't think she is. She's very muscular, yes, but hardly a body builder. Thank God. And her shoulders have always been scaringly buff. I'm outraged on her behalf that you can say these things. I like her muscles. And the worst part is that I know you will get support for your view from other people here. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, so cool that you've finally seen a lot of the season 3 episodes. Whee! Dude, you need to get the broken ones fixed, though. And also, get a hold of episode 7 very soon, cause that's the best of the season.

As for Melissa George. Of course Aussie press can't stop talking about her. I just know that if there had been a Norwegian actor doing any Hollywood'ish, there would be no end to the yacking about it. We still call Rene Zelweger Norwegian, cause I think her great great great great great...whatever, something back there was Norwegian. And not to mention Terminator 3 chick. Her grandparents are both Norwegian, so she's our big pride in Hollywood these days. No actually, I think Harald Zwart (Agent Cody Banks and others) and Erik Skjoldbjærg (Prozac Nation) are, since they're actually Norwegian and a pretty talented directors. What the hell am I talking about here? I was talking about Alias.

Right, so anyway, yeah of course they blow MG into the skies, but she's not that good, so you can all get over it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Her character has become a little more fun now, though. Well, not necessarily fun, but there's more to it now. We don't know what's wrong with her accent either. In one episode it was even bordering on Scottish. She has serious problems with this accent thing.

I can see what you mean with the Francie stuff. Although, I didn't miss it in the season finale. There really wasn't any time to react, you dork. She found out, then they fought and then she wakes up two years later. When exactly in the living room did you want her to react and get emotional about it? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] I miss it now, though. Why hasn't Sydney had a complete breakdown to the fact that her BEST FRIEND is dead? And especially when she saw Allison. I don't get it. But I hope we get it in time.

I have finals tomorrow and Thursday. That's why I'm in such a talky mood today.

Anyway, we don't know what's up with Irina and that's so exciting. :giggle:

So I'm glad you like the season so far. Was a lot of fun to read your comments. Now we can talk about Alias all the time, hee. As opposed to how we never talk about it now. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Oh! Speaking of Simon. So I'm reading quite a bit of Alias fics these days. Obviously Syd and Vaugh, unless it gets too fluffy. I've come to realise that I'm not a big fan of fluff anymore. I want angst and sex. What? That's what's fun to read. So anyway, Simon fics are fun too and now I'm even warming up to Sark fics as well. So the other day I read a threesome fic with Syd, Simon and Sark. Holy hell. Hee! That was...well, that was dirty. Does anyone else here read Alias fics?

So close. Sniff.

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 11-18-2003, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

Woah calm down little missy!

*waves white flag*

*throws dove*

Dude, I have nothing against Jen Garner, lmfao I think she is adorable and I really like her. And I agree with you, normally I think she is incredibly beautiful. But in that one scene with the red short hair, and that dress she looked like how transvestite men look - seriously we had a transvestite in Australian Idol, and she/he was more petite. She was just too buff IMO. And she has never been that buff, yes she has always been toned, but compare her shoulders from the first season to now, in the first season they were toned etc, but still womanly, but her shoulders don't look all that womanly anymore (or at least in that one scene) but saying that, in the bather scene where she jumped from the balcony her figure looked great again. So maybe it was the dress and the hair!

Oh and about the Francie thing, no I don't mean like Jen didn't act well. I mean I think it should have been written in. I wish before they had started shooting, we could have seen Syd demand to know, get upset... then lash out. The fight would of had more impact then, you know? Oh I forgot to mention one thing... when Allison killed Will. That was awesome, it made me cry, it was very intense I couldn't believe how much she cried. She like totally broke down.

Anyway I am breaking my pledge of spoiler-freeness... I am going to read up on all the spoilers I can find!
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii:
<STRONG>Dude, I have nothing against Jen Garner, lmfao I think she is adorable and I really like her.</STRONG>
Quote:
<STRONG>no I don't mean like Jen didn't act well.</STRONG>
Okay, did I sound pissed? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Sorry about that. I didn't mean to say that you meant any of those things.

I know that you thinking she's too buff in that scene has nothing to do with how much you like her. I know you do like her. And I think she is really buff as well. It's the man thing I don't like. But like I said, you're definitely not alone in that one. A lot of people thinks she looks like a man. Poor Jennifer. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Btw, shoulders and arms? Have you seen Daredevil? It's scary, man. With those leather thingys she has on her arms and they're so tight, so when you see her up close her arms and shoulders are insane. So pumped and the veins are popping and God knows what. I never wanna end up in a fight with her.

And I didn't think that you didn't think it was good acting. I was talking about Sydney as well. I don't see where they should've written it in, to put it like that instead. It was so cool when she just got the message, showed no feelings (but was dying on the inside from shock), went to get her gun and then...hee, girl fight #1.

And Will isn't dead, sweetie. That was made clear in the season 3 premiere.

Dude, don't read spoilers! I'm telling you. The episode description thingy for episode 10 is online and I'm so pissed. Why do they make these things public so long before the episode? I was spoiled about that episode anyway, but still. At least they didn't put all of the spoiler in the description. It's hard to stay unspoiled as well, cause I want to know. Yet I don't. Man. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Edited. The Daredevil arms. Yes, I know they're extra pumped for this picture, but seriously? She must be so strong. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 11-18-2003, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

I accidentally read an Alias spoiler.

Argh. I am so mad at myself. Argh. I hate knowing this. I must find a way to unlearn this information.

In other news, I bought a new fun coat, some underwear, a pair of pajamas and two pairs of jeans. All for $135. Wheeee!

YAY for gay people in Massachusetts! Happy day! And "President Bush"? ***** off, you idiot.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

Wow, I was going to head over to the Alias spoiler thread, but good thing I'm not since you are all freaking out. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] I only know of one minor spoiler, but it wasn't at all bad.

Darn you, Britney Spears!! Her stupid new duet with Madonna is getting stuck in my head. I don't like her but that song, that music, it's so..catchy. Grrrrrr...
Old 11-18-2003, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Katie, I've somehow watched all the Britney specials that have been on lately, and I've had that song stuck in my head for days now, lol. It's catchy, that one. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Did you enjoy tonight's OTH? I'm shamefully in love with the show. It's totally my new guilty pleasure. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Every week, I still groan out loud when the opening credits start right after the "previously on OTH." You'd think, by now, I'd have come to expect the credits and no teaser, but apparently I'm slow. But seriously? I'd like a damn teaser. I don't care what it is, but just a little something would be nice. It's television tradition, dammit, and they're totally *****ing with it.

&lt;--- apparently has strong feelings about the necessity of a teaser to get one in the mood and feel for the next 41 minutes of programming

Wheeee! for a new O.C. tomorrow.
Old 11-19-2003, 12:03 AM
Passionate Fan

Ehemm ehem I just new in this thread but I like SMG too [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] ooh you guys talk about Alias we start season 1 in here hmmmm but I never watching them cuz to late in here how can I'm waiting to 11:30 pm for this series [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Are people in here always make a loooonggg post in here [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

Hmmm kind of slow in KB FF [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 11-18-2003: Message edited Indri ]
Old 11-19-2003, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Dude that daredevil picture [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] lmfao, very buff - but there she doens't look manly, here she does...

Omg I am insanely obsessed atm, lmfao I live and breath ALIAS atm [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] hee I spent like all class talking with my tv buddy about everything ALIAS and I will get the 7 & 8 in the next two weeks hopefully! *does a dance* but I am watching ep 3 season 3 atm. Hee, I love when Syd/Vaughn are in the elevator, bwah and they had to get all nekkid! Me likey like!

Hee, and I know about Britney's 'Me Against the Music' its a cute song. I thought I would dislike it, because usually anything that Madonna sings I dislike (barring her early stuff) but it's actually a pretty fun song "I wanna get in the zoneeeee". Damnit now thats gonna be stuck in my head all day too. Currently I am like loving Cold Play's "The Scientist" - usually I'm not a fan of their music, but this song I love, which probably has something to do with the film clip, there is something soooo tragic about it. Ooh and Buffy fans, you know that song that Giles sings in season 4 at that bar place - in the episode were Buffy/Riley boink like theres no tomorrow "nobody knows what its like to be the bad man, to be the sad man behind blue eyes" hee, I am loving the slow punk version of that that was just released. Ooh and BlackEyedPea's 'Shut Up' that chics voice is sooo cool. *sigh* I love me some music!
Old 11-19-2003, 10:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *bijal*:
<STRONG>***** ***** ***** *****

I accidentally read an Alias spoiler.

</STRONG>
Told ya you had to be careful these days. If it is the spoiler I think it is, it's all over the place. People are talking about it left and right, with no respect for the spoilerfree people. So don't read it, Katie.

Yay for new coat and other kinds of clothings for Bijal, though. Whee!

I just had day one of my final and I'm exhausted. Seven hour exams really shouldn't be allowed. It didn't go too well either. They'll add the one today and the one tomorrow and we'll get one grade from that. I'm sure I'll pass, but that's not what I need. What I need is a good enough grade to get accepted to the next year. The way I feel right now, I'm not so sure how well that will go. :/ No seriously, I'm not.

Just needed to get that out. Moving on.

I think the Britney/Madonna stuff is fun. :giggle:

Hey Indri. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] How fun of you to come over here as well. You should watch Alias when it airs, cause it's a wicked good show. And you know Eli has good taste in TV shows. For the most part, at least. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] And yes, the posts here are always long. No okay, not always, but most of the time.

I agree, Sam. She looks more "manly" in the picture you so kindly blew up all over the screen there than in the Daredevil one. However pumped she is there, she's still very feminine. It's a cool picture. :giggle: I still don't think she looks manly in that scene, per se, but maybe that's cause I don't want to see it. I was so obsessed being all charmed by the cool wig, dress, shades, music and car in that scene that I didn't care much about anything else.

Hee at you being more obsessed with Alias than ever. Me loves so much. Then we're two at least. And so fun that you have your TV buddy to talk Alias with in class. Why can't you get episode 7 now? It's out. How slow is she?
Old 11-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

Dude, its not her. Lmfao her friend gives the episodes to her, then she burns them for me. Get it? [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

*sigh* I have been trying to get the 2nd and 5th one to work, downloading all these things that it says I need... but alas it won't work. I took it to my friends house to try it on her comp but she didn't have the right thing either, so I am going to Uni and trying it there. I will see it damnit!

Oh and about ALIAS spoilers, dude I read the biggest ugliest spoiler E.V.E.R, and I am terrified it will happen. It could quite possibly ruin the show for me! *knee chatter*
Old 11-19-2003, 11:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Thank for the fun welcoming Eli [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img], I promise I will watching Alias because many good review in here including on my magazine [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Well I dont think I will make a long post cuz sometime if I make a long post make people fall sleep or... not understand more worst they wrong to interpretion well I have experience for that in other board [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2003, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

My West Wing Season 1 DVDs are on their way, deleted scenes, bloopers and all! Wheeee! And? My free copy of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, the unrated version, arrives this weekend. Double wheeee! I can't wait to watch it again.

Finally? Big WHEEE! for my 18 hour road trip which begins Tuesday evening. I'm so excited. I have done my part by making 22 CDs for the drive.

Lots of wheee!ing going on given that I have to go to work all. damn. day. tomorrow. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

But no big wheee! for all the gay people in Massachusetts? C'mon, give out a whee! or two. That was a hard fought legal battle that totally deserved a happy ending. I hate when old white men try to tell me what "marriage" is and then proceed to explain to me that the sanctity of marriage is derived from the union of a man and a woman, not from two people of the same sex, and that reproduction is element of marriage. Whatthe*****ever, asswipe. ***** off.

As you can tell, I have a lot of aggression in me these days. Stress does that to me.

Also, Indri, welcome. Feel free to write long posts - as you can see, we all do it without worrying about others falling asleep. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Finally? An excellent Thanksgiving episode of The O.C. tonight. Just when I think Adam Brody/Seth Cohen can't get any more adorable and funny, he just proves me wrong. Wheeee!

[ 11-19-2003: Message edited *bijal* ]
Old 11-20-2003, 03:37 AM
Passionate Fan

He he he Bijal thank you [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have lil rant now so probably this place to posting and typo about my rant [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well you know maybe 5 day later that would be end of ramadhan people in here very busy to celebration "Aid fitri" well people going to go home actually my city ist one of urban city so probably when the big holiday come my city very quiet [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], and then in the company ussually have a lot of work to do including to gift a special salary/bonus but now my company not give that bonus for this celebrating [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] but they give like their promise with us for the end of the years [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Anyway I dont have a plan for this big holiday hmmm probably after prayer to mosque I will go to my parrent house and just have to eat everything on my mom table well many menu for that celebrating not sure if this year we have big menu like last year cuz right now my mom have 'diabetes' ill so she probably not cook all the menu [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

Ussually after family meeting I go to cinema/theater just watch movie but now I dont think so since my stopmach more biger and biger hmmm on my cinema I dont think I will go to theater [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think this year must be many thankfully for God well last year I celebrate with my husband and now I have another someone on my stopmach who always kick me [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] well probably next year he/she more kick me because already have face,voice,hand also the cry who will always disturb me on the night [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] oooh well that my destiny right [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]