Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-13-2003, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii:
<STRONG>EDITED 6 HOURS LATER BECAUSE OF CRISIS: The station that airs Dawson's Creek isn't putting it on until December, which I can handle. But omg, now they are putting it on every weekday from 1.30 - 2.30... how *****ing crap is that? Who is home at that hour?</STRONG>
THANKYOU [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I'm with you 100% and I bet other aussies are too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hi guys! sorry... to pop in to rant [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm Kelly [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

Hey Kelly. Welcome. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Okay, that's just fabulous. I was just at Fametracker and someone posted a freakin' Alias spoiler at the Jennifer Garner thread. And it wasn't just an insignificant mini spoiler. No, it was some huge ****. And now I'm *so* pissed I saw that. It'll completely ruin the surprise when it happens. Not to mention that I'm not so sure how I feel about it either. I'm not sure I like it at all. What I do know is that I'm curious as hell what's up here, and it sucks to have to wait for weeks to see it. This blows. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 11-13-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 11-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Wow, this thread should totally be renamed to:

Bijal and Eli discuss Alias [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

We don't get The OC over here, unfortunately. I saw Mischa Barton in Enrique's new video and judging from it and other pictures I have seen of her, she is so not my age. No fricken way. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Leeann
xx
Old 11-13-2003, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Yo, don't share about spoilers - big or small - you stumbled upon by accident, because it just makes me curious and then I sit here debating with myself whether I want to know or not and if you hadn't mentioned that you'd learned something in the first place, I wouldn't be having this internal war in my head. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Not referring to you, so don't think that I am, but I hate when people (you know who I'm talking about) refer to spoilers in that "wink wink nudge nudge" sort of way. Just because you're not discussing the contents doesn't mean you're not discussing spoilers.

Also, just email or PM me. I was at work all day today and will be out all day tomorrow/evening probably, so I probably won't get a chance to IM you.
Old 11-13-2003, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

As long as it has our names in the title, it doesn't really matter what more the thread is called, Lee. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by *bijal*:
<STRONG>...and if you hadn't mentioned that you'd learned something in the first place, I wouldn't be having this internal war in my head. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] </STRONG>
Well, I didn't want to be alone in my misery. :Lpout: Now we're two. Dude, don't check it out. It'll be way better and more interesting for you. And all the other things this will be. I won't talk about it anymore. :X But I can't stop thinking about it! I keep thinking, "what's the deal here?" and it won't leave my head. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

And I know very well what and who you're talking about with the wink wink. And no, I'm not like that, lol. I'm special so if I should ever slip and talk about a spoiler I shouldn't be talking about, that would be fine too. [img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]

I'll PM you. But ****ing answer it then.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Katie, were you squeeeeeeeing! as loud as I was when Summer kissed Seth tonight? Seriously, I have no idea why this show makes me so happy but it does and I'm okay with that now. Also, who cares about Ryan and Marissa? Bring on more Seth. Even Kirsten and Sandy. Also? Julie and Caleb? Ew. But so typical of them both.
Oh, you should have heard me. I think I squeed for about 30 minutes straight. I knew she liked him. I loved the part where she told him and told him to not tell anyone -- check out the sig. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I completely agree with you on the Ryan and Marissa thing, they bore me now. Ryan is hot, give him someone fun. I think she's pretty and all, but sometimes those kinds of relationships bug me. I'm more of a love/hate kind of a gal.

And I knew that Julie was going to **** it up with Caleb. In that past episode when she was talking about how she was going through money probelms since Jimmy and she was talking to Caleb. I think various swears and "I told you so"'s to no one were shouted when they were shown kissing. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
Also? Please please please give me less Dan because he's such a jerk and I can't stand him. And he's frightening looking.
He is a scary looking man and I hate him, especially when he said Nathan could do better than Haley. Stupid man, hopefully he will get hit by a bus on the TV Show. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

*walks in exhausted after a ALIAS season 1 marathon*

Hee, I love this show! *does a dance* The season finale is on this Monday "the most talked about season finale cliffhanger in America" bwah! Not that I don't know everything that happens. Hee and then I have up to episode SIX of the new season. *does a dance*

Dude, Eli you are so not the only one with an arm obsession. Hee, I mean I adore guys arms but in a "ooh he looks so strong and sexy" but I love Jen Garner's arms in a "I wish they were mine". Lmfao I have been pumping away at the gym, inspired by her. Hee, I was that definition dude. It looks so awesome! me likey, likey. Seriously, every person I meet I look at there arms now. It's my new thing, I'm always like "ooh there good arms" "eek flabby triceps dude".

Oh and someone said before (can't be bothered scrolling up to find who said it I read it a few days ago) why can't you find someone who can burn them. Well because not many people watch Dawson's Creek over here. Lmfao I don't know anyone who really does besides a few friends but they don't really watch it and don't care enough to download it.

Dude, I wan't the O.C to come to Australia. I feel like I'm lacking in cute teenage drama's. *sigh*
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 11-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

Yah for season 1 marathon. I love season 1, sighs. I wanna watch it again and again. And I will. Btw, did you watch the extra stuff on the DVDs?

Most talked about season finale cliffhanger in America? I don't know if it was, but I can believe it if it was. Cause that was awesome.

And also, just get a hold of the 7th episode soon as well. Which you will before you're done with the others, so that's cool.

I've always had an obsession with arms. Eyes and arms. I look at a guy's arms before I look at his butt. I can't get over how much I love Tom Cruise's arms. I can just stare at them for ages. And I want arms like Garner as well. They're so incredibly toned. Not in an overly buff way, either. They're actually beautiful. That lucky bitch, having a body like that.

Yay for you pumping at the gym. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I should do that too.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Totally not the most talked about season finale in America. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I believe that was 24, though I didn't watch it at the time, so I'm not exactly sure since I wasn't paying too much attention. What qualifies as "most talked about?" anyway? Just curious. Is it most talked about in the press and reviews or among the general public? I don't know anyone who watched Alias then and I didn't until episode 17 or 18.

It doesn't do fabulously here (mostly because most people find it hard to get into if they haven't been watching from the beginning and most people don't download the older episodes or know how to or just don't care enough to), but it does okay. I think it did better in its first season than in the second (except for maybe the Superbown episode [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] ).

In other news, I don't know why Jack Bauer and Sydney Bristow haven't run into each other yet. You'd think with the biological weapons crisis going on in Jack Bauer's LA, the CIA would try to help out where they could. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Also? Sam, did you hear about Tony Almeda?! They shot him on Tuesday. SHOT HIM! In the neck! He CANNOT die. I cannot lose TonyandMichelle. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh, and you're totally missing out on The O.C.. It's just so enjoyable. I think I look forward to a new episode of The O.C. more than I do anything...well, maybe it ties with Joan of Arcadia. I'm enjoying the new shows this season much more than the old ones.

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited *bijal* ]
Old 11-14-2003, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Of course it's impossible to tell which is the most talked about. And of course Alias wasn't the most talked about finale anyway. But this is Aussie press. They also say Melissa George's character is Sydney's match. Please.

I've understood it's not a very popular show with the American masses. As I understood it, a lof the reason for that is that apparently it's too hard to understand. It's critically acclaimed but not watched by that many. All is relative. Not that many compared to how many Americans there are and how many that watches other shows, lol.

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited Eliii ]
Old 11-14-2003, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii:
<STRONG>It's critically acclaimed </STRONG>
It is? Go figure. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it is. All the press I've read give that impression, at least.

Why? Is that so hard to understand?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii:
<STRONG>Why? Is that so hard to understand?</STRONG>
Well, I wouldn't know, since I only watch and haven't read a lot of press about it. Not to say that there isn't any, I just haven't sought it out.

But to answer the question, yes, it is a little hard to understand (for me), given all the plot holes and suspension of belief required. But if they're referring to acting and non-plot related elements (including Jennifer Garner's ability to cry at the drop of a hat and maneuver in leather and stilettos), then no, it's not hard. I guess it depends on what the press is acclaiming. But what do I know; I only have opinions and mine certainly don't get published in the New York Times or The Washington Post...or even Entertainment Weekly.

[ 11-14-2003: Message edited *bijal* ]
Old 11-15-2003, 05:48 AM
Elite Fan

I think it's the acting and costume/hair/makeup they get the most credit for. Understandable.

As for the plot holes and all the not at all believable things they do. Of course it's not exactly the show's strongest side. Lots of shows have that problem (if not most of them) and are still praised in the press, though.

In other news, rumor has it that Lena Olin will not return at all this season. I just read a few articles at alias-media. Apparently it's hard to fit it into her schedule. I understood they were prepared to meet her money demands (and other demands), but it still might not work out. You have to come back, SpyMommy! We miss you! [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2003, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

I read some articles about they offered her everything and she still is not coming back. I wish she was coming back though, they keep mentioning her and it makes me miss her.

We need Will back too. I miss him and his hott-ness. I still have Sark, but not enough. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I seriously think I just need an hour of TV dedicated to Sark. It would make everything perfect. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]