Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2004, 02:34 AM
Master Fan

The dresses I want:

OMG, how gorgeous is the green? I must have it.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh

Again, very disappointed. And was it just me or was Al Pacino's speech the longest with no music interruption?
Oooh yes. It was way to long, I was close to throwing something at the TV. My friend and I kept switching between the Emmys and Titanic.

And..I really do not like Kelsey Grammar. Don't know why and I'm upset he won. Fraiser always seems to grab a hold of awards and it's stupid. I was rooting for John Ritter or Matt LeBlanc.

I figure Sarah Jessica Parker would win, but that was fine with me.

Amber Tamberlyn looks so pretty. The color red really flatters her.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

I love Frasier so I was glad the guys won. I've always loved it, more than most of the comedies on tv. I dunno why.

And yay for all the Angels in America wins. I haven't seen all of the series, but man, what I did see was so *****ing excellent. Everyone was so good in it, especially Emma Thompson and Mary-Louise Parker. I have to finish it one of these days.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by yoshhh
I'm not a big fan of JG's dress. The bottom looked like sth my grandma knitted to cover my piano.
I like how you say that so calm and ****. Like "Yeah, not a big fan..." Even me and other diehard fans at JG board have been more colorful. Then again, we probably care more as well.

Aw, thanks for pics of pretty dresses, Bijal. And look at all the pretty colors. Aww.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii
Aw, thanks for pics of pretty dresses, Bijal. And look at all the pretty colors. Aww.
I know, it's like a rainbow. I think that's why these are my favorites. They're just so colorful and each person wears the dress so well, especially the hard colors like that yellow. I love color.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Master Fan

I thought Teri Hatcher's dress was awesome too. And the greens! All the green dresses were so pretty this year.

Can I just say that Amber has a really nice butt?

I'm still pretty disappointed, but not too surprised. It's the Emmys. Next year I'd like to see new faces though. Seriously. Allison doesn't need to be nominated every freaking year. I love her, but she has many already.
I think being a Buffy fan prepared me for disappointment when it comes to the Emmys.

I kinda wish Jason Bateman had been nominated.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Heh. Next year. I want to have some wishful thinking it might be better but it probably won't. Although many of the shows that gather a majority of nominations are going on hiatus for a long time (Sopranos 2006) or have ended..Friends, Sex and the City, Fraiser, so on and so forth.

Pea: I know what you mean. Us Buffy fans..and those who love Lauren Graham, have learned how to handle the disappointment.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CutieKatie
and those who love Lauren Graham, have learned how to handle the disappointment.
No ****. I'm such an expert at not getting disappointed anymore. This time I had a teeny tiny hope, though (in regards to JG that is) so that wasnt' too fun.

Okay, I just have to say now that I've seen more pics. I was a little mean last night about the looking tired and not smiling thing. Cause she does smile in some of these pictures. Even dimplesmile. And there are lots of pics of her even laughing at filmmagic and wireimage. So the mood probably wasn't that off or she's a really good actress. Cause she looked happy in those pictures. And yes, Katie, her dress looks so much better sitting. Then it's just photographed from the top and up. Then it's like aww.

Speaking of aww.

One on each arm, leading the way. The lady on her right side is in every picture of her. More or less. Standing a little behind of course. Probably a friend. It has to be. Aw. Her date. And probably that lady you saw next to her at the show, Bijal. ETA. Apparently her name is Jean Louisa Kelly.

Aw, this one was pretty.

Awww.

Oh please, like a less than stellar dress choice is gonna make me not post pics. Just be glad I didn't whip up with the HQ ones. We all know I've done it before and don't care about the page getting ****ed.

Now I really need to start this assignment. It's due in just a few hours.

Last edited by Eliii; 09-20-2004 at 02:35 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 10:03 AM
Master Fan

Ugh, I hate the Emmy's lmfao, I refuse to watch them. Lmfao. I boycott. Stupid stuffy people giving stupid awards to the same stupid people every year. Hmph!

Ooh, I love the yellow and orange dress that you posted Bijal, totally cute.

I'm actually not a huge fan of Amber's dress, I don't think its all that flattering. It would have looked way better if it didn't cling so tightly to the legs.

And yeah Jen's dress is pretty hideous. Lmfao. I definately concur with the "doily" comment. It looks like a wedding dress gone wrong. She should of worn that green dress to this event because that was friggen' awesome. I lurved the colour.

Eli said:
Quote:
Lmao, I love that quote. How have I not known about that one before? It's brilliant and so true.
You probably don't know it because to the best of my knowledge its not like a famous quote. A therapist of Buffy's (Mr Platt) said it in an episode and I always liked it.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
I'm actually not a huge fan of Amber's dress, I don't think its all that flattering. It would have looked way better if it didn't cling so tightly to the legs.
Uh oh. I noticed last night (or early morning for me) that Pea is very sensitive about Amber. Good luck with this comment. I thought she looked cute. She's not my cup of tea, but she's cute and the dress fit her pretty well.

Jen definitely should have worn the dress from last week. It's not green, btw. It seems more dark blue/grey/green'ish. I loved it, though. In any event, we all know she can do better. There's just so much of this dress. Like it's fluff on fluff on fluff. Yes, she always ends up with trains (which I like, btw), but she also always has sleek and gorgeous evening gowns. Not like this big thingy. It wouldn't even have been that bad if there hadn't been so much of it. Okay, the pattern thing is pretty bad as well. But again, it's the bottom. The bottom part ruins the whole dress.

In good news, though, her arms looked fantastic. I saw some HQ pics at j-g.net and wow. And I'm so curious about her lips. It's so hard to see, since they've always been so big.

It's a Buffy quote? Christ. No wonder I didn't know about it. It's good, though. Hee.

Last edited by Eliii; 09-20-2004 at 02:37 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Eliii
Uh oh. I noticed last night (or early morning for me) that Pea is very sensitive towards Amber.
Lmfao. Sorry Pea But I do love the colour if thats any conselation?

Pea, btw I'm watching that "Sex On Wheels" vid, god he was sooo hot back in the day. And I still can't download all of "Whatever", but I so want to because the video was ****ing hillarious.

Quote:
In good news, though, her arms looked fantastic. I saw some HQ pics at j-g.net and wow. And I'm so curious about her lips. It's so hard to see, since they've always been so big.
I did notice that her arms looked great again. I actually think it looks like she has lost quite a bit of weight. But thats to be understood, what with the break-up and all.

As for the lips, I personally don't think she had it done. That pic that was posted to support it looked like she did... but in those photo's they look just like usual. I hope she hasn't had it done, her lips are already massive.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she's thinner now. But that also has to do with Elektra. Last summer she put on some weight and that went more and more off during the Alias season. And then came Elektra and made her even thinner.

I didn't notice anything new with her lips either. Just that they looked great as always. I'm gonna come off as such a freak here, but she really does have delicious lips. Heh. Some people at FT are studying as well, and no one is really sure anymore. Not even the set source. Cause apparently it wasn't confirmed or anything. She just said her boyfriend had said it looked like she had them done. If she has, it's been a successful injection, at least.

Apparently she left right after her category, btw. So no showing up at afterparties. Even though she was on the list of expected guests at the ET party.

Who's taking care of the new thread?

Last edited by Eliii; 09-20-2004 at 01:41 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

Just because I like Amber doesn't mean everyone else has to. Amber is nowhere near how obsessed I was with Josh or even Katie for that matter (back in S3). I did however root for her because I really liked her performance in S1 of JoA. Personally I thought that she had a very strong performance and really did deserve to win. I don't watch the WW (I stopped when it started to suck) so I don't know about Allison's performance last season so I can't say that she didn't deserve it either.
From the articles that I've read, I always got the impression that Edie was a shoo-in this year and that Amber was the favorite. But that was just from the articles that I've read.

Am I still disappointed? A little. But I'm pretty happy about Arrested Development and The Daily Show so I'm not too disappointed. The Emmys was pretty boring except for when Adam, Mischa (ugh) and Ben presented. Oh, and when Jason Bateman and Portia de Rossi presented too. Those were nice. Gary Shandling was not funny at all. I thought Ellen was going to be the host. I am kinda glad that The Sopranos won Best Drama because they've been nominated so many times, but have never won it because of the The West Wing. That being said, I hope that next year the winners won't be The Sopranos or The West Wing.
I would like to see more competition next year. The ladies from TLW, the cast of Arrested Development, and maybe even Lauren. But they'd probably surprise us all by nominating Joey.

Last edited by yoshhh; 09-20-2004 at 03:11 PM
Old 09-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

New Thread

I took my reply to you over there, Pea.