Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Fan

I just picked up the magazine today. She looks awesome.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the news

I don't know if you guys know but Michelle and Spike have split.

Quote:
Michelle Williams Confirms Split From Spike Jonze

Michelle Williams confirms she split from director Spike Jonze in the October issue of Vogue.

"The timing was impossible," she admits. "I thought falling in love again was the only thing that was going to save me from the pain. This erroneous idea: It just makes things more complicated."

Jonze is the first man Williams dated after the devastating death of ex Heath Ledger, with whom she shares a three-year-old daughter, Matilda.

Williams says dating as a single mother played a part in the breakup.

"I obviously don't know how to do it," says Williams, who began dating the Where the Wild Things Are director in July 2008.

Jonze and Williams worked together on indie flick Synecdoche, New York in the summer of 2007. In September of the same year, Williams and Ledger called it quits.

Ledger died in January 2008 of an accidental drug overdose, which Williams still struggles with.

"I was holding it together by a string and a paper clip in the fall and winter," she tells Vogue. "I didn't know if I could keep it all together … You console yourself by saying it's all a deepening process. But it's weird. After the first year, the pain is less intense -- it's less immediate. But the magical thinking goes away too. And that's a whole new reckoning."
Source
Old 09-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Addicted Fan

That's sad news, I liked them together.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They had some really cute pics but I can understand why it didn't work like Michelle said.

Once again I have to say how much I love reading Michelle's interviews. She's one of the most intelligent celebrities I can think of.

And Michelle has started filming another movie (with Kelly Reichardt) called Meek's Cutoff:

Quote:
Kelly Reichardt remains a very, very small-scale director, even after movies like Old Joy and Wendy and Lucy won rapturous reviews from critics (like me) and attract name talent like Michelle Williams. Given that she films outside of Hollywood with shoestring crews, it makes sense that the beginning of filming of her next film, Meek's Cutoff, flew under the radar.

In today's Variety piece about Paul Dano joining the cast of Wichita, the final paragraph mentions that he's part of the Meek's Cutoff cast, alongside girlfriend and theater actress Zoe Kazan, Bruce Greenwood, Michelle WIlliams and Shirley Henderson. The fact that there are so many moderately well-known actors in the film suggests that there are a lot more characters operating in this one than in Wendy and Lucy, and maybe a lot more money too. Not that any of these actors are demanding huge salaries, but simply having that many members of SAG probably requires a bigger budget than she's had before.

Wendy and Lucy made me an unabashed fan of Reichardt, and I've wondered ever since then when her next project would get going (11 years passed between her first feature, River of Grass, and Old Joy). It's thrilling to realize she's keeping up a fast pace with her work, and I'll be as excited as anyone to see how this turns out.
Kelly Reichardt's Next Film Quietly Starts Shooting

Laura|
Old 09-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I love that Michelle found herself another project

Michelle Williams Reteams with Reichardt for 'Meek's Cutoff' | IONCINEMA.COM
-Safe
Old 10-03-2009, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So am I

The 2nd trailer for Shutter Island was released:

Shutter Island Movie Trailer #2 | /Film

Laura|
Old 10-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved Wendy and Lucy so I'm really excited they're working together again.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

It's great that she has another new movie to work on.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It is. Now I'm just waiting to see if the rumors about the movie with John Malkovich, Hugh Dancy etc. were true.

ETA: A little more info about Meek's Cutoff:

Quote:
What’s in Harney County, Oregon? Usually, not much.

But here’s what’s in Harney County right now: A crop of Hollywood’s most buzzed indie actors.

Michelle Williams, Paul Dano and Zoe Kazan have joined Bruce Greenwood and Shirley Henderson in the high desert outside Burns, Oregon for five weeks of shooting the movie Meek’s Cutoff, director Kelly Reichardt’s follow-up to Old Joy and Wendy and Lucy.

The news leaked a week ago across film blogs that Reichardt had begun production on the picture with Williams, Dano (the young preacher in There Will Be Blood) and Kazan (Elia Kazan’s granddaughter, who gave a gem of a performance in Revolutionary Road and is dating Dano). This morning, WW reached producer Neil Kopp, who confirmed that this cast, as well as the less known Neal Huff, Will Patton and Rod Rondeaux, is filming in desolate Harney County — the least populated county in the lower 48 states.

Kopp had limited cell phone reception. “I’m sitting on the top of a mountain in the middle of the desert,” he said. “We are shooting in the middle of nowhere, mostly south and sometimes east of Burns.”

That isolation will be crucial to the picture, which is based on the true story of an ill-fated wagon train that attempted a shortcut on the Oregon Trail. The full saga can be found here, but suffice it to say that the tale includes starvation, a legendary lost gold mine and a Native American scout who might or might not be inclined to save the day. Kopp confirmed that the screenplay, written by Portland’s Jon Raymond, is “loosely based on Steven Meek…who basically becomes lost.”
http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/10/...harney-county/

Laura|

Last edited by Lazy; 10-06-2009 at 02:39 AM
Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the news.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome

Laura|
Old 10-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some Wendy & Lucy news:

Quote:
"Wendy and Lucy," an independent film directed by Kelly Reichardt and starring Michelle Williams, will open the Parrish's fall film series New Global Cinema: When Things Go Wrong on Friday, October 16, at 7:30 p.m. Selected by guest curator John K. Turnbull, the three recent films from the United States, Italy, and Russia explore the ways people confront - or avoid - crises and upheavals in their lives.
Parrish Fall Film Series New Global Cinema Presents Three New Films - Southampton, NY - Hamptons.com

Laura|
Old 10-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Banned

A look back on Dawson's creek at the Paley Center!

Quote:
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
7:00 pm PT
Los Angeles

In Person
Busy Philipps, “Audrey Liddell”
James Van Der Beek, “Dawson Leery”
Kevin Williamson, Creator/Executive Producer
Additional panelists to be announced

When Dawson's Creek debuted in 1998, it represented a new kind of teen drama: literate, provocative, and marked by a refreshing irreverence for genre clichés. On the occasion of the complete series release on DVD, the Paley Center is proud to host a celebration featuring members of Dawson's Creek's cast and creative team.
Dawson’s Creek: A Look Back | The Paley Center for Media

I hope everyone else is going to come!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the news.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that! Sounds cool, I wonder if anyone else shows up.

Laura|