she gives the best interviews
Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

She definitely does
Old 02-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the Elle interview will be released later. Not sure what they're going to do with the Vogue interview.

Laura|
Old 02-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

yeah me too
Old 02-26-2008, 09:22 PM
New Fan

I heard that the Williams Center had pictures of Matilda, Michelle and Heath out and about and they didn't want them posting those pics, especially because of Matilda. I heard they got lawyers to get them to take down those pics and the owners decided to close down the site.

Michelle had no problem with The Williams Center. It stated that in the legal letter we received. The letter went out of it's way to say that. She did however have a problem with I believe 2 or 3 photos that were posted in the gallery of our website. They were of her and Heath at a private party--the person who took the photos put them online (I believe) and someone else saved and leaked them to a public message board. The photos were then, cross posted on the message board our site associated with (but didn't actually own--so photos of Michelle and Heath and Matilda were posted there but never on our website itself--that was an unwritten but common sense "NO-NO" at TWC--we NEVER posted "private moment" photos). The photos in question were believed to be event photos. They were posted by a person we had just brought on to the website who had access to HQ and rare photos. It wasn't their fault. They didn't know the photos were "private". I hadn't been to the site for atleast 3 days because of everyday life--the day I decided to check on it, I saw the legal letter and I saw the photos removed...I didn't quite know what was going on but I did read the well talked about letter and I did gather the above info by asking a co-webmaster. When I realized what had happened...I then decided if I couldn't be online all the time to watch the site, to make sure iffy photos weren't posted (because we knew people of importance visited the site--whether or not they reported back to Michelle what we posted is another story--probably if she found out about the photos so quickly--a day after they were posted her legal reps contacted us) it would just be best to close it. At the time and currently, myself and the other remaining webmaster really didn't have the time any more to run it and we didn't want to hand it over to someone else. And frankly, I was embarassed about the whole ordeal...it was like having your pants pulled down by someone in from of a crowd of people. We had finally been recognized by Michelle but BECAUSE we had done something wrong. I wanted to run. So I did. And that is why the site closed. However, if I had left it online, I believe it would have been closed by our host because not soon after the private party photos were removed, from our website and from the message board, I believe other requests for certain photos to be removed (ones on the message board of Matilda, Heath, Michelle out and about) were made by Michelle's legal reps to the message board owner (our host)... TWC only received that one letter about the party photos. I think our host found the other requests being made annoying or maybe they didn't want to face legal action--there were a lot of photos of michelle on the message board--I don't know that side of the story. But within days, that message board closed as well.

BUT The Williams Center was NOT closed by Michelle Williams. It was closed by me, Stacy Bates, the creator of the site...because I was embarassed that we had upset Michelle. I am still a fan and I still keep up with her career. I will however, never ever create another fansite about her because TWC was fun but it's a closed chapter in the book of my life. I wish the person from E! Online who put up that nasty story that made other celebrity blogs pick up the story as well would have contacted me. If she had that story would have never been published. At the time, we were also asked not to discuss the matter openly. I believe we're still not supposed to but I really don't care...something horrible has come of all this so I feel it is time I've said something here amoung other fans so you can know the REAL story.

Anyways, Michelle Williams I'm sure appreciates her fans and their support. She never made us close The Williams Center...and this is a nasty rumor that has spread all over and I hope that if anyone sees someone bad mouthing Michelle on a blog, etc. about how she "hates her fans" that they spread the true story of what happened.

I'm sorry to bring this up again but every time it's mentioned I get really upset about it all. A part of me still wishes I could have a website for her...but at this time I just wouldn't be able to keep up with it.

I always wished I could apologize to her personally. I know she has a lot more in her life to worry about than a fansite but there are impressionable people out there who maybe read that and it changed their opinion about her--and none of it was true. It really upsets me...to this day.

I think she's terrific. I think this message board ia fabulous thing--who needs the old when you can have fanforum, were TWC originally got it's major start and had it's first real home.

If anyone has any questions about The Williams Center you can ask me...I don't care I'll answer them.

But then again, I apologize for dragging up "old news"...

- Stacy

Last edited by fortheloveofivy; 02-26-2008 at 09:31 PM
Old 02-27-2008, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

Thanks for the explanation on the situation. I never really know the whole reason why the TWC was closed, but now that I have read it, I understand why it was closed.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the explanation Stacy, even though you didn't owe it to us. I guess a lot of people didn't know why the site was closed, just what was spread in those gossip sites. I didn't know the reason behind it but after reading what you posted, I understand it. But it never changed my opinion about her as an actress. She truly is a remarkable who has a bright future ahead of her. It's a shame that she got labeled as the bitch and there have been trolls on other message boards who badmouth her because of what happened.

I miss the site but I understand that you don't have time. I just want you to know how much all the Michelle fans appreciated the hard work that I'm sure went into keeping the site updated. It was a great site.

Laura|
Old 02-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the explanation, Stacy
Behind blue eyes
Avi by jo0ojz@livejournal
Old 02-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Stacy for the explanations! I'm saddened to say I used to be one of those who kinda lost interest and admiration for Michelle because, just like everyone else, I read all those blogs saying how Michelle hated her fans! It really dissapointed me, I was like "Why admire someone who really doesn't give a damn!" but I never really stopped admiring her, I just wanted to. Now that you explained it to me with more details I know Michelle appreciates our support

Crazy for Madonna and Felicity <3
http://i16.tinypic.com/4bqcdwo.jpg
^^made by me^^
Old 02-28-2008, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

thanks for the explanation
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Thanks so much for the explanation Stacy and for setting the record straight. I've always been a fan of Michelle's, and I used to love The Williams Center and I used to correspond with Deputy Doug, so I was very disappointed when it closed down. I did believe at the time that Michelle's lawyers forced The Williams Center to shut down and that they forced MB to shut down their Michelle Willams message board, and I lived in fear at the time that they would come after us next, so I'm very happy to get the straight scoop about what happened from you. Your website was wonderful, and I thank you for all of the hard work and dedication that you and Deputy Doug put into it. I'd also like to thank you for your kind words about Fan Forum.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the explanation Stacy
I had heard this story last year i believe and i knew their was more to it than that.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's almost time for a new thread. Any title suggestions?

Laura|
Old 03-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
K-Pop

I don't know, but I'm sure we will think of something.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Because
Quote:
she gives the best interviews
?