Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
Total Fan

Katie Heigl Trivia ~ She must have been Isabel in her past life.

I have some Katherine Heigl trivia. This may be interesting to us Katie worshippers. I don't know if there is a similar thread out there so I just started this new one (and if there's none, why hasn't anybody started one yet?!).

UPDATES: Look for this *new* before each update.

Katie seems to be attracted to similar characters.

~ She has played a character named Isabel/Isobel three times. She played Isabel Linton in MTV's Wuthering Heights, Isabel Evans in Roswell and Isobel Stevens in Grey's Anatomy ( Isabel Evans/Isobel Stevens? They even rhyme! ). Her character's nickname in both Roswell and Grey's was Izzy/Izzie/Iz. She also played a character named Aizy in Critical Assembly. In My Father The Hero, her dad's girlfiend (played by Emma Thompson in an uncredited role) was also named Isabelle.
She jokingly said in an interview that she may have been Isabel in her past life.

~ She's had a love interest named Alex in both Roswell and Grey's. She also played a character named Alex/Alexia in Disney's Wish Upon a Star.

~ Played a character named Sarah in Under Siege 2. On Grey's, Izzie named her daughter Sarah before giving her away for adoption.

~ Her character in both Roswell and Grey's has always been the "odd girl out" and had closer bonds with male friends. Liz and Maria were really close friends in Roswell, leaving Izzy out but she eventually found a friend in Kyle. In Grey's, Meredith and Cristina were each other's "person" which left Izzie to find friendship with George.

~ Izzie's male best friend in both Roswell and Grey's fell in love with her. Roswell's Kyle was secretly in-love with Isabel during it's third season. Grey's Anatomy's George is also falling in love with Izzie.

~ There was a Denny character in both Grey's and Roswell. We know our dear Denny Duquette, of course, but in Roswell, the name of the guy who was possessed by Izzy's alien lover was also Denny.

~ Jesse was the name of her character Jade's boyfriend in Bride of Chucky. Izzy's husband in Roswell was Jesse Ramirez. Katie has a co-star whose name in real life is Ramirez. Sara Ramirez plays her "rival" Callie on Grey's.

~ In Grey's Anatomy, George is Izzie's best friend and current flame. In her upcoming film 27 Dresses, George is also the name of her sister's fiancee whom she has a crush on.

~ Tess was the fourth alien in Roswell. In 27 Dresses, her sister who is getting married is also named Tess.

~ Grant was the name of the guy who was trying to kill her character Marissa in Zyzzzyx Road. Roswell also had a character named Grant, who tried to kill Isabel. Both Grants died.

*new* ~ She had a love interest named Ben in two of her movies. In her first starring role, My Father the Hero, name of he guy she had a crush on was Ben. Seth Rogen plays a character named Ben Stone in Knocked Up. In Disney's Wish Upon a Star, her character's father was also called Ben.

~ Isabel and Jesse's wedding song in Roswell (The Edge of the Ocean by Ivy) was also played in a pivotal Izzie scene on Grey's Anatomy. It was the background music on the scene where Izzie sees and subsequently breaks up with her hockey playing boyfriend Hank.

~ Reference to nazi: She was called "The Christmas Nazi" in Roswell. Grey's also has "The Nazi", played to perfection by Chandra Wilson as Miranda Bailey.

~ Her character was obsessed with Christmas in Grey's and Roswell hence, "The Christmas Nazi" nickname. In Grey's, her friends also gave Izzie a nickname---Tiny Tim---because of her Christmas obsession.

~ Her character organized an annual "Santa's Christmas Village" in Roswell. In Grey's, Meredith made a reference to "Santa's Freakin' Village" in Episode 212 - "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer". That was the scene in the hallway when Izzie was yelling at them for helping Alex study for his clinical boards.

~ Her character in in Roswell wanted to be a supermodel after high school even though the computer told her she was leaning towards caregiving fields. Her character in Grey's was an ex-fashion model who became a doctor, a caregiving field if there ever was one! Katie also used to be a model herself when she was young.
Maybe Isabel from Roswell became a model, studied medicine and moved to Seattle!

~ Izzie's boyfriend died in both series.

~ Both boyfriends who died came back at some point in the series. Denny Duquette came back in Grey's Anatomy as Meredith's "guide" in the afterlife. Roswell's Alex came back as Isabel's voice of reason.

~ There is a closet scene in both series where Izzie tries to successfully seduce Alex.

*new* [color=#FF0000]~ Hissy fits in a car - Katie's characters seem to love having fights in a car. Knocked Up's Allison had one with Ben while they were on their way to the Gynecologist. In 27 Dresses, Jane had a fight with Kevin while driving in the rain.

~ Izzie loves pink dresses! She wore a pink dress in a pivotal scene in both Roswell and Grey's. Isabel wore a pink strapless dress for her birthday in the Roswell episode Surprise. Izzie wore a very similar strapless dress to the "prom" in the Grey's episode Losing My Religion.

~ In Roswell Izzy is the perky do-gooder type, much like our dear Izzie in Grey's Season 1 & the first half of Season 2.

~ Played a medical student who got killed in the opening scene of Valentine. Plays a surgical intern in Grey's.

~ Played the role of Princess twice. She was Princess Ilene in Prince Valiant. In Roswell, she was the alien princess Isabel/Vilandra from Antar.

~ She has starred in 3 movies that were adaptations of classic novels. She appeared as Miranda Prosper in Shakespeare's The Tempest, which was set during the Civil War. She also apeared in MTV's Wuthering Heights, a modern adaptation of the Emily Bronte novel. Descendant was based on Edgar Allan Poe's The Fall of the House of Usher and she played the dual role of Ann & Emily Hedgerow in the film.

~ Shannon, her character in Bug Buster, went on a movie date and watched a film called House of Usher, which was based on, you guessed it, the very same Edgar Allan Poe novel.

~ We all probably know that she starred in this summer in "Knocked Up" which is the follow-up film to "40-year-old Virgin" but did you know that Katherine's bestselling 2004 FHM cover (shown above) was shown in the previous film?

~Three of the characters she played have had life-changing drunken sex. Izzie was inducted into the Dirty Mistresses Club when she did the nasty-nasty with George in the Grey's episode My Favorite Mistake. Her Knocked Up character Allison Scott had a drunken one-night-stand with a slacker and got knocked up. *new* In 27 Dresses, Jane go drunk singing "Benny and the Jets" in a bar and ends up having sex with Kevin in her car.

~ She has played a pregnant woman twice. The first was in Love Comes Softly and the second, in this summer's Knocked Up. On Grey's, her character Izzie also got pregnant in her teens (although it was never shown) and subsequently gave her daughter up for adoption.

~ Roswell's Isabel was adopted by the Evanses. On Grey's, Izzie gave her daughter up for adoption.

*new* ~ Her characters loved to call her parents' by their first names. In My Father the Hero, Nicole called her father Andre. In Wish Upon a Star, Alexia called her parents Ben & Nan.

~ "Get out!" - She has said the exact same line in similar scenes in two different movies. In Love Comes Softly, she said it to her husband while she was on labor because she didn't want him delivering her baby. In the second film, she shouted this line to her partner's friend in the delivery room, while she was on labor.

~ "Juice?" - Izzie tries to evade certain sensitive topics by offering people juice. In the Roswell episode Wipeout, Isabel used it to stop Max from asking her questions about Vilandra and on the Grey's episode Oh, The Guilt, Izzie used the same tactic to fend off questions from Meredith and George about her million-dollar check and the possibility of her coming back to SGH.

*new* ~ Reference to Jesus - "Because that's what Jesus would freakin' do!" is one of Izzie's most famous lines on Grey's Anatomy. In 27 Dresses, jokingly told Kevin that she's Jesus.

Fun Facts about Katie:

~ She is very close to her mother Nancy, who is also her manager. They have lived together until she was 26 years old.

~ She is the youngest of four children. She had 2 older brothers and one older sister. Her older brother Jason died in 1986. Her sister Meg was adopted and is of Asian-American descent.

~ She is engaged to singer Josh Kelley. He gave her a 3.2 carat pear-shaped diamond engagement ring, which has half of her mother Nancy's platinum wedding band. The other half is in her sister Meg's engagement ring.

~ She is an advocate for organ donation because of her brother's tragic death. Her family donated his organs to help save other people's lives.

~ She has four dogs. Their names are Romeo, Weezer, Stella & Piper.

~ She played the cello in high school.

~ She has done some volunteer work when she was a young girl in New Canaan, CT. This also seems to be a recurring thing in her roles.

~ She and her family used to be neighbors with Martha Stewart in New Canaan.

~ Like Martha, she bakes, cooks and likes arts & crafts. Quite a few of her characters also have this in common with her.

~ She wears glasses. She doesn't like to wear contacts because they hurt her eyes.

~ She is afraid of heights.

~ She first graced the small screen in a commercial for Cheerios.

~ She used the name Katherine Marie when she was modelling early in her career.

~ She can burp like a truck driver, on command, but she always says, "Excuse me," because she's such a lady.

Maybe she can challenge Cameron Diaz at the next Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards.

~ There is a character named Mr. Heigl in the Nintendo medical game called Trauma Center- Second Opinion. Katie's Grey's character Izzie is reportedly the inspiration for it.

~ She can read a book a day. She reads mostly chicklit
(short for chick literature) stuff because she gets interrupted so much on the set. She has read all the Shopaholic books by Sophie Kinsella.
I've read them too and they're fun if not exactly thought provoking.

~ Like some of the characters she played, she also knits obsessively. She knits on set when she's not reading. She makes her own scarves. It once got so out of hand that she has knitted little outfits for her dogs. Aside from knitting, she also enjoys crochet.

I wish I could knit. I could crochet, though.

~ She has done several movies where she played older sister to someone who was actually older than herself in real life. In Wish Upon a Star, Danielle Harris, who played younger sister Hayley, is actually older by a year and a half. In Roswell, younger brother Max (played by her ex Jason Behr) is 5 years older than Katie. In her newest film 27 Dresses, she plays older sister to Malin Akerman, who is 6.5 months older than her. Believe it or not, she has also played mother to someone older than herself. January Jones played her stepdaughter Missie Davis in Love's Enduring Promise but is about 11 months older that Katie.

~ She's one of the babies of the Grey's Anatomy cast. Other than new cast member Chyler Leigh, she is the only cast member who has not reached the age of 30. The next youngest member of the original cast is T.R. who is 5 years older than her. In the extended cast, Sara Ramirez is the next youngest but she's still 3 years older than Katie.

~ She has the same birthday as her Roswell love interest Colin Hanks. They were both born on November 24, one year apart. Hanks was born in 1977 and Heigl in 1978.

Talk about destiny!

~ She tested for all three female leads before landing the part of Isabel Evans in Roswell. Shiri Appleby who also tested for all three female lead roles, won the lead of Liz Parker after several callbacks. Before winning the role of Maria DeLuca, Majandra Delfino originally auditioned for the part of Liz.

Good thing for the show. Could you imagine Katie as Maria, Majandra as Liz and Shiri as Isabel? Well, me neither.

~ She has worked with some actors over and over. She has appeared in two movies with actor Nick Stabile. The first was for the 1998 film Bride of Chucky and the second, for Descendant (2003). She worked twice with actress Jenny O'Hara, who played Ida Crawford in Roswell and the mother of a ulcer patient in Grey's. She has also worked twice with an elderly actress named Janet Rotblatt. They shared a wagon together in Love Comes Softly. Ms. Rotbaltt then guest starred in the Grey's episode Let It Be, as an elderly patient who had cancer. *new* Another actor who worked with her repeatedly was Martin Starr. He played Martin in Knocked Up and he was also in three episodes of Roswell as a character called Monk.

~ She has worked with actors who are twin brothers. She co-starred with actor Jeremy London in the movie Descendant. She has also worked with Jeremy's identical twin brother Jason London in Grey's Anatomy.

~ Six Degrees of Katie - Her fiancee Josh's uncle was DeForest Kelley who was the character Bones in Star Trek. In 1998, Katie starred in Bug Buster with two of Bones' co-stars from that movie, James Doohan who played Scotty and George Takei who played Sulu.

~ She can milk a cow and has perfected her yank-and-squeeze method when she was filming Love Comes Softly.

~ She once fell off of a golf cart that transports actors to the various Roswell sets. She was so embarrased that she just lay there on the ground for a few minutes.

~ She beat out Alicia Silverstone for her role in My Father The Hero.

~ Men still come up to her and tell her she was hot in My Father The Hero. She was only 14.

Do they know the meaning of statutory rape?

~ Angelina Jolie has her to thank for turning down a role for the movie Hackers, the film that launched Angelina's bright Hollywood career.

~ She has been named one of People Magazine's Most Beautiful People of 2007.

It's about time! How have 17 years gone by without them noticing how gorgeous our Katie is?

~ She has won her first Emmy for Grey's Anatomy in 2007. She was so surprised that she actually said a swear word while cameras were no her, which prompted the Emmy producers to cut the moment out. Katie gave a touching and funny acceptance speech where she jokingly said even her mother didn't think she would win.

~ She doesn't have a stylist despite her busy schedule. She chooses her own outfits with the help of her mother and yet, she lands on every best dressed (and best tressed!) list every time she graces the red carpet.

Lucky girl!

*new* ~ Katie might not be the best singer in Hollywood but she has actually sung twice onscreen. The first one was for The Ringer and the second time in 27 Dresses.

~ She may be the only person in the world who can claim that she has been molested by a doll. On a recent television appearance, she told a story about how the puppeteers for Bride of Chucky jokingly tried to make the puppet touch her inappropriately.

~ She has adopted a British accent for her role in the recently released film Caffeine.

According to my British friends, the accent was pretty convincing.

~ For the men out there, she's a Size 36DD and, no, they're not implants.

Like I said, lucky girl! I added this in at my brother's request. Sorry.

Katie Quotes

"I have always found it fascinating how much of a voice the public gives celebrities. It's just interesting to me because its not like we did that much to deserve having so many people hanging on our every word." - on the power of celebrity

"Our being is subject to all the chances of life. There are so many things we are capable of, that we could be or do. The potentialities are so great that we never, any of us, are more than one-fourth fulfilled." - on human potential

“I don’t condone obesity, but I don’t think we all need to be a ****ing size two. It’s a ridiculous goal. You know what’s important? Living well and not being consumed with eating boring salads that you hate. Eat Brie, and have a glass of red wine.” - on dieting

*new* "It's so disconcerting---there are so many women now with fake breasts that that's the standard; that's what you're supposed to look like. But real boobs don't look like that, and a lot of working out won't make them look like that." - on fake breasts

"I'm a saver...until I see something I like." - on her shopping problem

"A baby blanket---I think it's a good thing 'cause I think it mellows me out or something. If everybody kept their baby blankets or sucked their thumb, there would be less war." - on how she keeps grounded

"The best way to approach me is to just approach me. Just talk and be cool, that's all I can ask for." - on fans approaching her

"It's funny to me because it's so not what it looks like — it's staged and technical, and what makes it hot is how they edit it, slowing it down and adding music." - on kissing scenes

"Oh God - I look back now, and it seems so gross. At just 14 years old, I had to wear a thong bikini. And then they used that scene in the trailer, so my entire school saw it! " - on her role in My Father The Hero

"I don't know if people tend to understand that about me or if it's just a coincidence, but I'm huge about the holidays. I usually bake six or seven types of cookies---at least two dozen of each. I put up a huge tree the day after Thanksgiving, do little show villages all around my house. I'm a huge Christmas person. I think it's probably because I was raised that way." - on her similarity with the characters she plays

"I love the idea of family getting together, and I love food." – on holidays

"Doughnuts, spaghetti, whatever - I just want to eat." - on her favorite food

“I’m not a saint, but I’ve learned my lessons. It wasn’t emotionally healthy for me to sleep around.” - on the single life

On people's perception of her...

~ "A girl told me my lips looked like somebody had pressed strawberry yogurt against my face."

~ "I'm grateful people think I'm beautiful or think I'm sexy, and I suppose it's better than the alternative, but I do try to fight it a bit so it's not all people see me as. And I'd love to one day be in a position where I could choose a role to showcase my creativity versus just my bra size."

~ "There are some amazingly intelligent, beautiful women out there. The two are not mutually exclusive. You can have a brain and a body. But if you're only looking at my body, then you're looking at the wrong thing."

On her body...

~ "When I was 13, I was flat as a board and totally unhappy about it. I would write in my diary every day, 'Oh, if I could just have a B-cup by summer!' I actually prayed for big boobs. So I developed at about 14, and then I was 15, 16, 17, and they kept going." - on having big boobs

~ "I have substantial breasts and hips. I'm never gonna look like Nicole Richie."

~ "I'm not perfect. But clothes help. A good bra with some underwire definitely helps a lot!"

~ "I'm a real woman, a real size. Well I don't even know what size I am, between 4 and 6, depending on the day. I am not perfect."

~ "I have great breasts---in a bra."

On Grey's Anatomy...

~ "My plan was to be a brown-haired Izzie, but they said no. I'd love to be a brunette. Having brown hair makes me feel more exotic."

~ “I love when people come up to me and tell me that they watch it. And ask like, 'Do you think Ellen and Patrick are going to get back together? I love that because we're working hard and it's great to know that that work is being appreciated.”

~ "He's a great kisser: not too aggressive, not too sloppy. He doesn't leave spit all over you." - on kissing Justin Chambers

~ “I play it very cool with Patrick. . . . You don’t admit crushes to crushes. That’s embarrassing. I did ask to feel his hair. Maybe that gave me away.” - on her childhood crush on Patrick Dempsey

Well, this is all I have for now. I'll add some more trivia when I think of them. Anything you wanna add? Just post it in here and I'll add it. :write:

*Pictures and magazine scan from Katherine Heigl Online. Avis by jahnnabanana, rainblows, tnella, soopie (2), aliseadream, nightfallicons, chokeanddie, tnella, Emily88, LovelyIz, twoonefour, Whitelighter and Pooh, respectively.

Last edited by hannahbanana; 09-27-2008 at 05:28 PM Reason: update
Old 04-09-2007, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

wow that's a big list how long did it take you to find all these facts?

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 04-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
wow that's a big list how long did it take you to find all these facts?
Not as long as you might think. It took me about an hour to make this list up.

I got these facts from reading magazine articles and watching TV interviews. What can I say? I'm obsessed. I thought, since I already know so much about her, why not make up a list?

I hope you enjoyed the fun facts.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

This is a FANTASTIC list. Brilliant idea for a thread.

Let's all add things to this list as we think of them.

At this minute I cannot so I'm less than helpful
Old 04-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Total Fan

Thank you. I'm glad you like it.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

not sure if it counts as fact that is worth adding to the list but she used to model herself, just like her character in GA does

Violence is a choice a man makes and he alone is responsible for it. ~ Patrick Stewart
Old 04-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Total Fan

ooooh! good one. why didn't i think of that?

Old 04-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

because you were thinking of soooo many other things?

Old 04-09-2007, 01:15 PM
Mio
Elite Fan

I cannot wear contacts either... they make my eyes sore too.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:25 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternbetrachter (View Post)
because you were thinking of soooo many other things?
You're right! So many details, my head is about to explode.

UPDATE: I've added the bit about Izzie's pink dress and the birthday she shares with Colin Hanks.

Last edited by hannahbanana; 04-09-2007 at 07:49 PM
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Long list! And great idea for a thread!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:45 AM
Total Fan

Thanks.

UPDATE: I added the bit about George, Tess and the drunken sex.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Amazing. You are finding coincidences and such everywhere.

I thought I was being smart when I thought of Ivy's Edge of the Ocean (which is one of my alltime favourite songs) but it was already noted.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cici-inator (View Post)
Amazing. You are finding coincidences and such everywhere.
I obviously have nothing important to do, right?

I have always thought it funny that she seems to be playing the same characters over and over. There are a lot of parallels in the characters names, situations and such. I mean, out of the billions of names out there, why Isabel?

Quote:
I thought I was being smart when I thought of Ivy's Edge of the Ocean (which is one of my alltime favourite songs) but it was already noted.
Well, I thought of most of the things in here but I can't take full credit for the whole thing. My friend Melissa gave me some of them. She brought up George, The Edge of the Ocean and the pink dresses.

Last edited by hannahbanana; 04-12-2007 at 03:04 AM
Old 04-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Colin Hanks
Rupert Grint

Quote:
She has the same birthday as her Roswell love interest Colin Hanks. They were both born on November 24, one year apart. Hanks was born in 1977 and Heigl in 1978.
Talk about destiny!
love this and the bit about pink dresses is also great quite interesting how often she played *the old one* when she was actually the young one