Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Roswell to death. I still do. That's why it was so disappointing to watch all the nonsense they did with the show. It was a such letdown.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Roswell was one of those shows with alot of potential. They really didn't know what to do with it. It was like, "Oh, let's fly from the seat of our pants and see how it goes." Unfortunately, with TV shows, that just can't be done.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Roswell was one of those shows with alot of potential. They really didn't know what to do with it. It was like, "Oh, let's fly from the seat of our pants and see how it goes." Unfortunately, with TV shows, that just can't be done.
jazz word, word, word, word, and WORD!!!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:28 AM
Elite Fan

They had great potential. End of season 1, it looked as though they were building up to something great.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh yeah. Season 1 was great. From that point on, they screwed up royally.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

I agree about Season One. Things were building up and looked pretty good for Season Two. I even loved the whole Max/Kyle dynamics in Blind Date which was one of my favourite episodes.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-20-2005, 12:57 AM
Elite Fan

I liked season 2 while watching it. But looking back, they could have done better.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Season Two was good when they finally got around to writing Tess abit more like a human. However, they did it rather quickly, the transition was very quick.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-20-2005, 09:31 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I liked season 2 while watching it. But looking back, they could have done better.
I liked season 2, not really because of the storylines (which were a bit strange)but because there was more group stories like Viva Las Vegas and even the hybrid chronicles. They didn't really focus on a particular couple or character, and I liked that. I liked seeing the characters all interact with each other more, it was nice.

Season 3 however was just 18 episode piece of crap right from the start. There was nothing good about it at all.

I liked Max & Liz, but I didn't really "ship" them (does that make sense?) And the only thing season 3 had to offer was tons of Max/Liz and Isabel/Jesse scenes. (Who I couldn't stand since we didn't know Jesse and I was still missing Alex) And after a few season 3 episodes, neither of which interested me.

Needless to say, I will never buy the season 3 dvds.

Quote:
As for Tess, she could've stuck around a bit longer. I think it would've been interesting. Though, she might've done even more damage to Max and Liz's relationship.
I don't really think it could have done anymore damage. I actually think it would have been better if Tess had stayed so Max & Liz could face their relationship problems instead of repressing like we saw in the last Season.

Even though Tess was pregnant, Max obviously loved Liz so in the end I don't think there would have been anything to fear on that front. (Don't kill me Rebels )

Quote:
If the Dreamers could have accepted that that's all it was, was a bit of shaking up, then maybe Tess wouldn't have been cruelly written out, and Emilie wouldn't have been so upset.
Well not all Dreamers are Tess haters, but I get what you mean. I once mentioned to someone that I liked Tess and she totally started ranting at me about it. I didn't really see what the big deal about me liking Tess was, but some people can be really crazy when it comes to that stuff.

And in a way I think it is the fault of the Dreamers that Tess got written out- Not the actual Dreamer shippers themselves (so don't start shouting at me guys, I'm not blaming you) but JK and his writing crew who adored Max/Liz. As soon as they wrote the Rebel storyline in Season 2, they wrote themselves into a corner. They loved Max/Liz and wanted them back together, but people were starting like Tess so it wouldn't have gone down that well if Max had played with her and then dumped her. So making Tess evil was just the cop-out way to sort out the problem that they had bulit themselves. And that's the way I see it.

I've been talking too long now, so I'm going to stop.
Old 06-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well, I didn't like the Hybrid Chronicles because of the whole disappointment that the big bad was actually a floating jellyfish. I mean, where was the imagination in that? They weren't even writing something humorous, they were trying to get us to take this seriously. I thought it was just too much of a joke.

Leaving Las Vegas wasn't bad because they were all interacting but I felt that Liz was repressing her problems more so than Max. Max did deal with his problems, even when Tess was pregnant, he still stepped up. But Liz, I never got her. She broke up with Max, yet acts like she's still in a relationship wit him. She does something, yet does another thing. She's got real problems. They say that Liz knows who she is but in all honesty, I never felt Liz knew exactly who she was or what she ever wanted. Maria, despite her dysfunctional life, had more of an inkling of what she wanted than Liz did. I'm not exactly into the whole "perfect" life and "perfect" family with the "perfect" boyfriend storyline.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-20-2005, 11:35 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Well, I didn't like the Hybrid Chronicles because of the whole disappointment that the big bad was actually a floating jellyfish. I mean, where was the imagination in that? They weren't even writing something humorous, they were trying to get us to take this seriously. I thought it was just too much of a joke.
Well I didn't like the hybrid chronicles for the story. The jellyfish thing was just stupid. But I liked the interaction between the characters. Probably the Michael/Maria/Laurie and Alex/Kyle stuff more than anything. The Sheriff was cool too... but then he got fired.

Quote:
Leaving Las Vegas wasn't bad because they were all interacting but I felt that Liz was repressing her problems more so than Max.
Liz always repressed her problems, that was her character flaw I think. She's rather ignore or pretend, than deal with her problems head on. That was how she dealt with things I guess before she was ready to face her issues.

Quote:
Max did deal with his problems, even when Tess was pregnant, he still stepped up. But Liz, I never got her. She broke up with Max, yet acts like she's still in a relationship wit him.
I had a problem with that too. Especially when she yells at him about saving herself. I kept thinking.... Well he didn't KNOW that did he? I know a lot of people hated Max after the Liz/Max/Tess thing but I feel sorry for the guy. I mean after all the mixed signals from Liz, the white room in the previous season, Alex's death, Tess' memory retrieval sessions... He must have been an extremely confused guy.

Quote:
They say that Liz knows who she is but in all honesty, I never felt Liz knew exactly who she was or what she ever wanted.
Well after The Pilot, most of the time all she really wanted was Max. I'm not sure about anything else.

Quote:
Maria, despite her dysfunctional life, had more of an inkling of what she wanted than Liz did. I'm not exactly into the whole "perfect" life and "perfect" family with the "perfect" boyfriend storyline.
I presume we are talking about Liz, with the "Perfect"s right? I agree. Liz was a nice character but I never really identified with her. I tend to go for the characters with alot of flaws, it makes them more interesting to me.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Elite Fan

That's my problem, I don't identify with Liz at all. I don't even wish I was Liz. I love characters who have alot of flaws. Liz repressing is a flaw but it's only one. Her pretending and repressing would make me more resentful of her than really admiring her because in the end, all her pretending and repressing never got resolved and she got married to Max. It spells divorce in the end if she keeps doing it.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
That's my problem, I don't identify with Liz at all. I don't even wish I was Liz.
I don't wish I was Liz either- Or any character for that matter, even though I like a lot of them.

Quote:
Liz repressing is a flaw but it's only one. Her pretending and repressing would make me more resentful of her than really admiring her because in the end, all her pretending and repressing never got resolved and she got married to Max. It spells divorce in the end if she keeps doing it.
I'm not disagreeing with you. But I see the marriage just as another Roswell cop-out anyway. It was the last episode, they knew they weren't coming back and they wanted to please the fans. That's all it was about. Whether Max and Liz were ready for marriage or the fact that they still hadn't dealt with most of their issues didn't seem to matter anymore. As for your divorce theory, well I'm not sure about that, but I do see marriage councelling in their future at least.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Marriage counselling? I doubt they could do that, too many secrets on both their parts.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

Who/What are the Dreamers??

Who/What are the Dreamers??

What was their relationship to the series?

And how could an outside group influence the Emilie/Tess role?

-Just curious...

-Gloriana