Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think we'll always find a small group of people in every shipper group that would cause that kind of trouble (blaming and hating an actress/actor for her/his character), but i just ignore them. I'm a BIG dreamer fan and of course i loved to hate Tess, but that didn't mean i went around saying mean things about Emilie. I like Emilie and she's doing great with Lost, so that makes me really happy for her.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Not just younger people, I ran into an older fan who couldn't tell the difference. Sad thing is, she's older than me! She could have been my older sister and she was talking like Tess and Emilie were the same person. I had to step away...
People like that need to be in padded rooms. Seriously.

I still think the majority of people that do that are the younger people. And the rest are nutts.

The beautiful, Shiri Appleby.
Icon - evangelin
Old 06-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that they should have kept Tess on, even if they wanted to make her "evil". I think maybe she had bad intentions at the begining, but over time she grew attached to the other three, and then also got to know the humans, at least the Valentis. But the others pushed her away, so it would hav been an interesting conflict, would she still try, or would she go against them. Would she keep finding ways to go home, or get to know Earth better. What about Michael? They could have banded together. Ava? etc etc. So many possibilties. sigh.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The people behind the show never really had any imagination and when they did it sucked. Queen jellyfish anyone? That show had a lot of potential.

Icon - evangelin

Last edited by Hell on Heels; 06-10-2005 at 05:24 AM
Old 06-10-2005, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda Leigh
The people behind the show never really had any imagination and when they did it sucked. Queen jellyfish anyone? That show had a lot of potential.
*dies* Oh my gosh, how lame was that? That whole storyline.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
People like that need to be in padded rooms. Seriously.

I still think the majority of people that do that are the younger people. And the rest are nutts.
Well, there are some crazy fanatical fans out there that I try to avoid as much as possible. If we take down all of them and put them in padded rooms, we would need a whole building for them.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-10-2005, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie-
*dies* Oh my gosh, how lame was that? That whole storyline.
Oh, yes, the whole storyline.

They tried to keep building and building the suspense to a stupid plot line with those killer jelly fish. Then we meet the Queen Jellyfish...(dun dun)...and what a friggin' anti-climax to a already retarded storyline. I expected more of a fight from this killer Queen. Noooo, she bangs into the glass window like a stupid beetle until she kills herself with a 'splat' and windblows Michael's hair and makes Maria eat it...and her own. Who knows with all that hair blowing around? That was the best part because the look on Maria's face was funny as hell now that I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
Well, there are some crazy fanatical fans out there that I try to avoid as much as possible. If we take down all of them and put them in padded rooms, we would need a whole building for them.

Too true. And it isn't just Roswell fans either. And I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Icon - evangelin

Last edited by Hell on Heels; 06-10-2005 at 09:15 AM
Old 06-11-2005, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They tried to keep building and building the suspense to a stupid plot line with those killer jelly fish. Then we meet the Queen Jellyfish...(dun dun)...and what a friggin' anti-climax to a already retarded storyline. I expected more of a fight from this killer Queen. Noooo, she bangs into the glass window like a stupid beetle until she kills herself with a 'splat' and windblows Michael's hair and makes Maria eat it...and her own. Who knows with all that hair blowing around? That was the best part because the look on Maria's face was funny as hell now that I think about it.
Miranda, You sure have a way with words! I didn't want to admit it, but I'm forced to agree. That entire plot, in fact, The Hybrid Chronicles in itself made absolutely no sense. It was pointless to me.

As for Tess, she could've stuck around a bit longer. I think it would've been interesting. Though, she might've done even more damage to Max and Liz's relationship.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

The Queen Jellyfish. I had forgotten about that!!!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-12-2005, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think it's best for our sanity if we all did!
Old 06-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Elite Fan

Whenever they had bad storylines, I forget about them. I completely forgotten that whole little trilogy they did for the Hybrid Chronicles.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was really ridiculous. I mean, I'm a huge sci-fi and UFO buff, but that was complete crap. I loved the show dearly, but some plot lines the writers came up with were absolute rubbish.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

I am a huge UFO/aliens fan and loved the X-Files. Someone told me about Roswell and I thought I would give it a chance. It had it's moments where I went, "Oh god, what are they doing?" But I enjoyed the Season Two in the beginning. The third season I didn't watch at all except for that one time Tess came back.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Elite Fan

It's amazing isn't it. We're all sitting here admitting how ridiculous the storylines were, how pathetic some of the effects were (camera flash much?!), and yet we all admit that we love the show.

Sorry, I didn't mean to badmouth ALL Dreamers, I'm not against Dreamers, some of my good friends are Dreamers, and that's cool, I respect that. I was just having a really bad day that day, and I realise that what I said wasn't actually what I meant. My brother went into hospital that day, and I guess I was kinda relieving my stress by taking it out on someone, so please forgive me for that.

Tahra

I'M IN A GANG OF OBSESSIVE, WANT-IT-ALL SELFISH, HORNY HUMPIN' BITCHES

icon by me
Old 06-17-2005, 03:43 AM
Elite Fan

I hope your brother is okay.

I admit, I enjoyed Roswell but I wouldn't say I loved it. It wasn't really one my favourite shows and I usually taped the episode and watched it days later. If I loved a show, I was constantly in front of the TV watching it. But it was enjoyable and something new to try. However, the enjoyment disappeared after the whole Tess/Dreamer war and of course, the bad writing in the end.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove