Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2014, 06:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Submarine Kid Discussion Thread #1

A new Emilie project deserves it's own thread. I think there is a good chance The Submarine Kid's cast and crew are going to be sharing plenty of BTS instagram pics.

The news and synopsis found originally by EmilieDeRavinManiac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieDeRavinManiac (View Post)
The Submarine Kid tells the dramatic coming of age story of Spencer King, an emotionally and physically damaged Navy SEAL returning home from his third tour of duty in Afghanistan. When Spencer arrives home, he can no longer connect with the life he once led. Attempting to escape from the demons haunting him from a grizzly incident overseas and the family, friends, and girlfriend who expect the normal Spencer, he goes back to work at the local bookstore. It is there he meets Alice, a fascinating young woman with whom he is able to start unraveling his true self. Spencer and Alice stumble upon an old pulp comic about a local suburban legend from generations past: The Submarine Kid. Spencer learns of the Kid’s spectacular abilities of record-setting breath-holding. It is here that Alice and Spencer begin a deadly game with grave consequences that changes both of their lives forever. Spencer attempts to fight off the visions of his past and the immediate responsibilities of his reality in a magical underwater world he creates with Alice.

Submarine Kid | Coronet Entertainment
via emily.de.ravin and mistycreed in the Current Events thread, first the official press release to The Hollywood Reporter:

Quote:
Wittrock stars as a U.S. Marine who returns home from a horrific wartime experience and begins to gravitate towards a mysterious woman (Emilie de Ravin, “Lost”) on her own determined journey. Together, they enter into a magical and destructive new existence to expose their ultimate truths.

Production starts next week in Los Angeles.
The Official Twitter for The Submarine Kid: https://twitter.com/TheSubmarineKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily.de.ravin (View Post)
TheSubmarineKid ‏@TheSubmarineKid 7 min

We are proud to announce the casting of @emiliederavin playing Alice alongside #finnwittrock directed by Eric Bilitch @SonofaBilitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by emily.de.ravin (View Post)
The official Instagram for The Submarine Kid: .@thesubmarinekid Instagram photos | Webstagram

I wonder if this is the official cast. I think I recognize a few of the actress headshots. I mean, that looks like Rachel Leigh Cook in the first picture on the third row. And I can see Matthew O'Leary's photo is right next to Emilie's.

The official Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SubmarineKidmovie

Looks like they just officially confirmed Matthew O'Leary playing a character name Toad too!

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 04-08-2014 at 10:29 PM
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening the thread!

Quote:
I mean, that looks like Rachel Leigh Cook in the first picture on the third row.
Ooh, I hope she's in it! I love her I also think that's Alex Kingston, the woman from DW, under Emilie's pic.

Has Emilie tweeted about the movie yet?
Old 04-08-2014, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread. If I read any news will post it here.

I agree that looks like Rachel Leigh Cook up there as well.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

Emilie did tweet this

Quote:
@monicaraymund )) so excited !!! #SubmarineKid x
Old 04-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread This is fantastic.
Old 04-09-2014, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
Thanks for the thread!

Emilie did tweet this

@monicaraymund )) so excited !!! #SubmarineKid x
Awww I hope people tweeted her congratulating her (Tracey? ).
Old 04-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Happy to welcome Jessy Schram @jschramer playing Emily in #thesubmarinekid @monicaraymund @SonofaBilitch @JGurvitz @FinnWittrockCom

Jessy Schram Cinderalla in OUAT!! yes!!!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Jessy Schram Cinderalla in OUAT!! yes!!!

I hope they have scenes together. So many AU gif sets can be made.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

That is some great casting news! I hope they get to share some scenes in the film.

Anyway, I checked out IMDB and it's not Rachel Leigh Cook in that picture unfortunately. Just a look-a-like actress named Dylan Moore. Heh.

Also their facebook is saying they officially kick off filming Saturday. Bring on the cast/crew pics, please.
Old 04-10-2014, 02:19 AM
Elite Fan

Nice! It would be great if they had scenes together.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope they tweet something on Sat.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe fans will see the filming and take pics.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 04-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

They're filming in L.A., right?
Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
Maybe fans will see the filming and take pics.
I hope so.

I think it's L.A.?
Old 04-10-2014, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah in LA