New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
on the subject of Jane Austen i think Emilie would make a great Jane or Elizabeth Bennet or Mary Crawford
Elizabeth definitely. I think it'd be a fun challenge to play her too. Any thoughts on who can be her Darcy?

Quote:
A little wierd you can see Emilie as Madame Thenardier . But I'm sure she could, they'd just have to uglify her
I totally forgot about the physical appearance. I was thinking about the comedy and how fun it'd be to see her play someone shady.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, we don't get to see Emilie do comedy that often, but since she's so witty in real life, i think she'd have no problems.

As for Darcy I was thinking of David Oaks (from The Borgias, pillars of the earth)
I think he would be very good with Emilie, and David has previously played Darcy in a stage version of the story so i know he can play him well.

Something tells me though that you would quite like either Ewan McGregor or Colin O'Donoghue for Darcy
Amybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
As for Darcy I was thinking of David Oaks (from The Borgias, pillars of the earth)
I think he would be very good with Emilie, and David has previously played Darcy in a stage version of the story so i know he can play him well.
Ah, David Oaks. I keep seeing gifs of him on tumblr because he's playing Prince Albert's brother in Victoria.

Quote:
Something tells me though that you would quite like either Ewan McGregor or Colin O'Donoghue for Darcy
I actually didn't think about either of them Matthew Macfaden was the perfect Darcy for me. I like the tall, broad shoulder thing he's got going on.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

I think Emilie would be pretty badass as a villain, especially because she's got that sweet, innocent look. Hierophant will forever be my favorite role of hers.

What about an action role? Like a Sydney Bristow type role. Or a superhero?
Giana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
especially because she's got that sweet, innocent look.
She draws you in and then bites your head off.

Quote:
I can see her as a Supergirl type of superhero.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giana (View Post)
I think Emilie would be pretty badass as a villain, especially because she's got that sweet, innocent look. Hierophant will forever be my favorite role of hers.

I was thinking Emilie would be great as Black Widow, although I'm not sure if she's really a superhero, she's seems more ambiguous as a character, like Cat woman.

Oh Lilmouse I've been watching Victoria, it's so good and quite funny in places actually!

Ah Matthew MacFadyen was a good Darcy, i've been watching him in Ripper Street, he's such a great actor. My Fav will always be Colin Firth though .
Amybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

Quote:
Oh Lilmouse I've been watching Victoria, it's so good and quite funny in places actually!
I feel so weird shipping Albert and Victoria. I've heard the actors have a lot of chemistry. And the gifs I saw of his love for trains are funny.

Quote:
I was thinking Emilie would be great as Black Widow, although I'm not sure if she's really a superhero, she's seems more ambiguous as a character, like Cat woman.
Emilie would rock the Cat Woman costume, for sure. She can study Stanley, copy his moves.

Quote:
Ah Matthew MacFadyen was a good Darcy, i've been watching him in Ripper Street, he's such a great actor. My Fav will always be Colin Firth though .
My mom wanted to give Ripper Street a try for Matthew, but I don't think the show is up her alley. It looks too violent.

I never saw Colin's version.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Once Upon A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amybelle (View Post)
Enjoyed watching both men play the role.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Casting the Strangers in Paradise Movie
Quote:
Yesterday, news broke that Terry Moore's award-winning indie comics series Strangers in Paradise is set to become a feature film from director Angela Robinson, director of Professor Marston and the Wonder Women.

Since it's a comic book movie, you know what happens next: we have to speculate about who might be a good fit to cast the main characters (and a few select supporting cast members).

The long-running comic, which will return for a short engagement in 2018 to celebrate its 25th anniversary, centers on three characters: Katchoo, Francine, and David.

The three are living a quiet life in Texas when dark forces from Katchoo's past track her down, hoping to take everything from her, including Francine and David.

“I’ve been wanting to adapt Strangers In Paradise for over a decade, since the first time I read it and couldn’t put it down. Terry Moore writes real female characters with such breathtaking sensitivity,” Robinson said. “With Strangers In Paradise he pulls off the nearly impossible — a sexy, stylish crime story with tons of heart. I look forward to our collaboration.”

So, let's take a look...!

Katchoo
Katchoo is an interesting character to cast, because there are so many actresses that look the part, and a great deal of whom could carry the role -- thinking about somebody who has the capacity to do the lost, angry thing that Katchoo does, and who can do all of that while still believably looking like someone that can be consistently underestimated...well, that's a slightly taller order.

Lost alum Emilie de Ravin might be a good candidate. She is a compelling actor who would turn heads the way Katchoo does, but who is very good at playing quiet and stoic when necessary.

We also know that, for the physical stuff that is inherent to some of Katchoo's stories, de Ravin has a history in horror and genre material that means she has learned how to convincingly put a little bit of violence on screen.
Ranma90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She does sound like a good fit for the part!
Old 09-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

That cartoon image is Emilie's twin. She should take on the role.
Old 09-20-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree!! The cartoon does look just like her!
Old 09-21-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor

It's like the creator was picturing her in the role all along.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It feels that
Old 09-30-2017, 12:40 AM
Addicted Fan

Some other roles in mind?
cherrypie12345 is online now   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top