Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-22-2005, 09:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxygurl
Woah. High Tension actually looks good. It's actually scary! Hopefully, Hills will be as good.
Hopefully it will be better as High Tension was not the best movie. I saw it a couple weeks ago in theatres with my friends. Don't let the trailor mislead you, it's completely different than what you think. The entire film is in French, half of it is dubbed and half of it is in subtitles, that didn't really bother me. It was the plot that did. As for as the direction went, I thouht it was good. Although I don't really enjoy depicting the art in horror films. I don't really think there is any. Aja is highly respected for her horror flicks though, so I'm thinking this movie is going to get a lot of attention, if not from her then from Wes Craven.

I remember hearing about this movie, I heard it was really good. Maybe we'll get lucky and Emilie will be brought to a new movie star status.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

I hear that the "twist" in High Tension makes or breaks the movie for people. I've skimmed the fanboy reaction and they seem to be pretty divisive. The general sense being that it's a good slasher up until the last seven minutes.

I don't know what it is but I can't wait to see how bad (or good) it is. I think I read that the DVD is being fast-tracked so I hope I don't have to wait that long. And hopefully, they'll release the original without the bad dubbing. I hate dubs on films.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Emilie can shoot all her scenes before Lost starts up production. Movies are rarely shot in order and some movies can be shot in a month or less.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Pearl
I hear that the "twist" in High Tension makes or breaks the movie for people. I've skimmed the fanboy reaction and they seem to be pretty divisive. The general sense being that it's a good slasher up until the last seven minutes.
The "twist" in High Tension does indeed make or break the film. You will be very skeptical but it's not like your ordinary film that does this. People say that the past events dont make any sense with the plot twist, but you have to look at it from a different perspective. That is what's different about the film. I didn't like it because I think that scary movies deal with more disturbing things, mentally. Not saying that this film isn't disturbing because it definitely is, but it just wasn't my kind of flick. All the blood and horror just gets tiring.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Pearl
I'm one of those rare souls who actually like horror movie remakes. I'm a sucker for slick productions like Amityville, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw and, yes, even House of Wax.
Amityville was good. It scared the hell out of me and it didn't help that me and my friend saw the late showing and drove home in the country backroads at nearly 2 in the morning. Not good.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

We'll have to see how much this horror flick scares me. I wasn't scared of The Ring at all even though my brother warned me about it.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 06-24-2005, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Val, since you like horror movies are you going to see Wes Craven's new movie Red-eye?
Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's not a remake but the last movie that scared the hell out of me was The Mothman Prophecies. Not so much the movie itself but the fact that it was supposedly based on true events. Too creepy.

Everytime I look out the window at night, I always expect to see a moth head staring at me with bright red eyes. ::shudders::

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
Val, since you like horror movies are you going to see Wes Craven's new movie Red-eye?
Yup. I think it's more thriller than horror though.

I'm totally seeing it for Cillian Murphy and especially Rachel McAdams. She's one of my faves.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I couldn't look at the screen during Mothman.

I'm seeing Red-eye for Cillian too. d him in 28 Days Later and Batman Begins.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Master Fan

cillian is hot!!! but i'm a sucker for an accent....but i'll see his too...i'm excited about her new movie...if the movie is cheese i'll bring some chips hehe....
Old 06-24-2005, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm a sucker for accents also and beautiful blue eyes. I've gotta go to the British isles to find my future husband.

if the movie is cheese i'll bring some chips. I'm gonna say that now
Old 06-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz
We'll have to see how much this horror flick scares me. I wasn't scared of The Ring at all even though my brother warned me about it.
Same here. I don't get scared easily. I was so scared to see The Ring cuz everyone was saying how frightening it was. It was nothing! I was actually yawning through it.

Hmmm, Yoda-Mira I reckon the story will be alright because wasn't the original really good? I reckon Aja has a good direction from what I could tellin the High Tension trailer and hopefully Hills gets the sort of same thing.

"You don't scare me." ~ Charlie to Claire
Old 07-10-2005, 05:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

I checked out Wes Craven's official website to see if he'd be keeping a blog on this (he's not) but instead I came across another one.

Codyz.typepad.com. I think he's a crew member keeping a blog on The Hills Have Eyes filming in Morocco.

I just combed through it and found (I think) two pictures of Emilie in his entries.

Behind his shoulder, standing next to Pyro.

Sitting under the green umbrella.

Heh. I love when crew members keep blogs and take pictures. lol
Old 07-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

LOL! I love when they keep blogs too. And it's nice to see Emilie getting star treatment. An umbrella and all!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-11-2005, 01:35 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the pics. so sweet. she sitting under the umbrella! i think she deserves it!