Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 05:34 PM
Extreme Fan

She looks great indeed! And i also love the huge smile she has in almost every photo! She seems to have a great time!
Quote:
and maybe see Emilie attempt Finnish herself?
That would be awesome. They could make some really funny scenes with Em's character trying to speak the language..
Old 07-27-2011, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

After we got ourselves worried that she didn't want to act anymore, it's great to see her having fun on set.

Quote:
They could make some really funny scenes with Em's character trying to speak the language..
I heard it's a difficult language, too, so people may look at her strange if she butchers the language
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
After we got ourselves worried that she didn't want to act anymore, it's great to see her having fun on set.
It really is fantastic to see.

How lovely is the feeling of getting a nice little flow of set pictures? lol Hopefully we continue to be lucky with the set pics.

Thank you all for posting the new pictures and articles. Emilie looks so gorgeous and the more I read about the film, the more I want to see it.

Last edited by Lucy Pearl; 07-27-2011 at 07:27 PM
Old 07-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZhane (View Post)
Emilie de Ravin filming Love and other Troubles:
Sweet thanks for those pics. It's great that we can get the filming pics from Finland

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 07-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
How lovely is the feeling of getting a nice little flow of set pictures? lol Hopefully we continue to be lucky with the set pics.
Quote:
It's great that we can get the filming pics from Finland
I'm very happy that even though the film isn't a big Hollywood movie and that filming isn't taking place in the US (and least not yet), we've been lucky with getting photos and quotes. I hope we get something if not everyday, at least 2x a week.

Quote:
and the more I read about the film, the more I want to see it.
I think there's potential for this to be Emilie's best movie.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm very happy that even though the film isn't a big Hollywood movie and that filming isn't taking place in the US (and least not yet), we've been lucky with getting photos and quotes. I hope we get something if not everyday, at least 2x a week.
So far we have more than two updates a day!!! I think the producers of the movie do a great job. They are updating their Facebook/Twitter pages with photos articles etc on a daily basis which is really great. The local media does a good job as well!
I just found tones of new stuff in finnish websites. I am trying to translate them so i will post them later. For now here is Emilie's first interview after a whole year(!!!!!!!!!). She talks about the film, Finland etc. And yes she has a couple of projects for the future eventhough nothing is arranged yet....: Lostista tuttu Emilie de Ravin n�yttelee Turussa - Ilta-Sanomat

Last edited by EmilieDeRavinManiac; 07-28-2011 at 04:42 AM
Old 07-28-2011, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Love the country look Emilie is displaying in those pics!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will definitely read that interview later today.
Quote:
And yes she has a couple of projects for the future eventhough nothing is arranged
Go Emilie!

I joined the FB page, and I think videos were added but it's hard to tell b/c everything is written in Finnish.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I will definitely read that interview later today.

Go Emilie!

I joined the FB page, and I think videos were added but it's hard to tell b/c everything is written in Finnish.
The link i posted before is for the same video posted on fb! It is an interview Emilie gave to IS - Ilta-Sanomat. The other videos on fb are interviews with the other cast members but they are in finnish. I also translated an article/interview of one of the producers! Here is pretty much what he said:

Quote:
On how he met the film's director:
Common on-introduced me to producer Jesse Fryckmanille and Samuli (Valkama). We met in New York, and we became friends since the first meeting. Sam's manuscript was very promising and very cleverly translated in English, which made me confident.
On taking part in a finnish production:
Now is the best time to take part in a Nordic film production. Men who hate women was a huge international success. Also, Finnish films have gained a foothold. Aki Kaurismäki's Le Havre and other films like Rare Exports and the Iron Sky were really successful.The most important thing, however, about "Love and Other Troubles" was the exceptional manuscript.

The difficulties of working on a comedy:
A comedy is often difficult to translate. In one country, a comedy might be locally successful but it is not necessary the film is equally successful anywhere else.Sam's script was sharp, warm-hearted and fun. I knew that it sells. It is truly international, and the presence of Emilie will help, of course.
Now i am translating an Em's interview. Whenever i post in my blog i will post it here too!
As for her future projects i hope they are good. It took her so long to choose her next one so they must be good. Btw, i recently visited the site of Four Saints' distributor! According to the site they are recasting again. The filming starts this fall. I think they are going to do it this time because they started building the set. It would be awesome if Emilie was recasted as Mairi!!! I will send them an email in order to find out more...
Old 07-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It took her so long to choose her next one so they must be good.
I hope with her being very choosy it means she's really digging deep for the scripts that are worth making.

Quote:
i recently visited the site of Four Saints' distributor! According to the site they are recasting again. The filming starts this fall. I think they are going to do it this time because they started building the set. It would be awesome if Emilie was recasted as Mairi!!! I will send them an email in order to find out more...
I hope the film does get made and Emilie being in it would be an added bonus. I think any mention of her name is a good thing b/c then maybe tptb will want her in the film.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I love all the media coverage going around. Beyond what I expected, it's wonderful.

I love her new (video!) interview. It's so good to actually hear her talking about acting and her projects again. I am very happy to hear that she's talking with other new projects after Love and Other Troubles. I hope we hear about them as soon as possible.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I am very happy to hear that she's talking with other new projects after Love and Other Troubles. I hope we hear about them as soon as possible.
;nod:

I hope since she took a year off that she'll do a steady amount of work for at least the next year.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
;nod:

I hope since she took a year off that she'll do a steady amount of work for at least the next year.
Let's hope so!!
Here is the interview i was talking about! I hope my translation is good enough:
Quote:
Emilie talks about Finland:
- I did not know much about Finland, its just what was taught in school - a geographical location. I love to travel, so it was fun to come and explore the places before the shooting started.

Emilie talks about working on a bilingual project:
- It's cool. Few movies are trying it. It opens the film to an international audience, and bilingualism creates the subtle nuances of its own kind of humor.

Emilie about reading the script and doing a comedy:
-In March I got the script, i read it and loved it. Then we discussed through the Internet telephone service Skype with Sam (the director of the film). I had long wanted to do comedy, but something that is not quite so ordinary. Sam has a unique sence of humor. The manuscript was the most original comedy, which has been offered to me. It's not overbearing, but rather organic and natural.

Emilie talks about the movie's possibility to have international success:
- I believe in it. Sam has a unique sense of humor. Having lived in the United States and Australia, I believe that, at least in those countries' success is very possible.

Emilie also added that she likes to work on indipendent projects because actors and directors have the freedom to be creative and artistic!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilieDeRavinManiac (View Post)
Let's hope so!!
Here is the interview i was talking about! I hope my translation is good enough:
Awesome thanks for the translation as well as the video interview she did.

I am glad that she has other potential projects in the works.

I agree with what she said about independent projects more freedom.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I got to watch the video interview and thanks for the written interview, too. I'm definitely starting to see a theme (by the way she described Sara) with the characters Emilie likes to play in that they're all free spirited type of people.

And I liked hearing about the director wanting her for the part. It's not to know that maybe he was a fan of her work, and sought her out. It's such a process to get a person in a movie.

Quote:
Emilie also added that she likes to work on indipendent projects because actors and directors have the freedom to be creative and artistic!
I just hope that Emilie isn't automatically tossing the bigger projects b/c of a biased b/c some bigger movies are good quality.