Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Extreme Fan

"Love and other Troubles #1 - Greetings from Finland!

SYNOPSIS:
Ville (25) is a former child star who has never beaten his dad in wrestling. He now leads a routine life in a small Finnish town giving guitar lessons to kids.
His life, which usually works like clockwork, is shaken when his father, a washed-up rock star and an impulsive bohemian, shows up on his doorstep and announces that he needs a place to stay for a few days – or weeks. Ville does not know how to say no. But the worst shock comes when one night, his dad comes home with a girl about Ville's age. It's Sara, a funny and quirky American student who teaches country line dancing at the local activity center. After he and Sara become friends, and he realises that he is attracted to her, the awkward love triangle is ready. A few pony rides, line dancing face-offs and wrestling matches later Ville learns that he can be just as impulsive as his father.

MORE INFO (from the movie's site):
FORMAT 35 mm or digital
RUNNING TIME 100 min
GENRE Romantic comedy
TARGET AUDIENCE General audiences, 15–40 years
SHOOTING LANGUAGE Finnish, English
DIRECTOR Samuli Valkama
PRODUCER Jesse Fryckman
SCREENWRITERS Katri Manninen & Samuli Valkama
PRODUCTION COMPANY Bronson Club

USEFUL LINKS:
PRODUCTION'S COMPANY SITE: Bronson Club – Film Production Helsinki Finland
MOVIE'S SITE: Love and Other Troubles
OFFICIAL IMDb PAGE:Love and Other Troubles (2011) - IMDb

Old 07-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Guys i decided to start the thread because of this:

Old 07-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Emilie look's beautiful

I read the article from the source and it says that parts of the film will also be shot in USA
Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludelia (View Post)
Emilie look's beautiful

I read the article from the source and it says that parts of the film will also be shot in USA

Ludelia thank you very much for the translation and the information!!! I can't wait for more information and photos from the set!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

Interesting the format is 35 mm...that doesn't get use as much as digital these days!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-20-2011, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting the thread.

Aw, Emilie looks adorable in that frilly dress.

I like how they're kind of going old school with the film.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the thread.

Yesterday while we were at Turku, I thought that maybe the filming hasn't started after all, because we saw nothing, but this confirms I was wrong. Now I just need to get the locations and dates, so I can be another day as a stalker

Emilie does looks sweet and I like her clothes, but I have to admit, it is a bit weird for me seeing her in pictures with finns
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Pempees, Yeah it's really weird. I never tought Emilie would do a film in Finland

I just found an old casting sheet or whatever it's called where they were looking for extras to play line dancers. The auditions were held in June. It doesn't say anything about when they're filming the dancing scenes :/
Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Ludelia, yeah me neither. I have become completely obsessed now about meeting her. Turku is only like an hour away from where I live, so it's not too bad trip to do - if I didn't have to work, I would be there everyday.

Yeah, if I had known earlier that Emilie will be coming I would have got myself as an extra for the movie!
Old 07-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I found more stuff

I was trying to find some info on google. I got a link to a finnish message board where somebody was trying to find old american cars for a movie called Love and Other Troubles. They needed the cars on July 27th. The post said that they'd need more cars when they are filming in downtown Turku. So they shouldn't be too hard to find if you're in Turku the right day

I also got another link to a local theatre in Turku where they were looking for extras for Love and Other Troubles. They needed them for 2 scenes. The first scene will be shot July 26th and July 27th in Peltola. It will be some kind of a summer party. It says that there will be a market, pony rides and line dancing performances etc.

The second scene will be shot 1st and 2nd of August. It has a scene description and I think it could be a little spoilery so I'm putting spoiler taqs just in case.

Spoiler:

I'll let you know if I find more info.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludelia (View Post)
I found more stuff

I was trying to find some info on google. I got a link to a finnish message board where somebody was trying to find old american cars for a movie called Love and Other Troubles. They needed the cars on July 27th. The post said that they'd need more cars when they are filming in downtown Turku. So they shouldn't be too hard to find if you're in Turku the right day
I actually found this out before we left tomorrow. It also had that they needed them cars for a scene that was filmed yesterday, with the same place description. So I thought they would not be too hard to find from downtown, but I was wrong - they were impossible to find. We were walking around for five hours and saw nothing
Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Aww.. that sucks. better luck next time

I found something interesting,

Quote:
Andrew recently aligned with acclaimed Finnish film producer, Jesse Fryckman, of Bronson Club, to form Liquid Lunch Productions as a bridge between the indie film worlds of New York and Finland. Andrew’s and Jesse’s first project under their Liquid Lunch banner is Love & Other Troubles, directed by Samuli Valkama and starring Emilie de Raven.

Currently, Andrew is working with Bronson Club out of Finland to co-produce their first English language film, Love & Other Troubles, starring Emilie De Ravin.
Source

I hope this means that Love and Other Troubles will at least get a New York release
Old 07-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I would think that it will. There has been some purely finnish productions that have got released abroad, so I would think that this film will get a release at least somewhere in States.

Ludelia, are you finnish or do you just know the language?
Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Ludelia you did an amazing job finding all this information!!! Thank you very very much!!!!! After reading the scene description you posted i am really excited about the film. It seems there are a lot of funny elements in it. And if we take in to account that Emilie wanted to star in a good comedy and that it took her most than a year to find a new poject, then the script must be good!
Old 07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

[sigh]

It is so so so very good to see a picture of Emilie on a film set.

Ludelia, you rock with all the information.

Thank you all so much for starting the thread and posting everything.