Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm planning to go to Canada next August - Nova Scotia & Saint John,
That's where I went when I went to Canada, as well as Halifax. I'd probably have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so cold...in July.

Quote:
This is the first time I can remember not being in the US for a US holiday.
I hope the ship does something special.
It probably will. The RC cruise we went on was over the 4th, in fact that was the last night of the cruise. They had a huge party on the top deck, and we saw fireworks being shot off the shore in the distance.

Quote:
Maybe they're being nice and not making it while she pregnant, not to rub it in.
I hope so, because that would be awful. Once the baby is born, I'm sure she'll drink all the wine she can (if she's not breastfeeding anyway).

Quote:
What kind of classes are you taking?
I'm only taking one- Women in the Media. We basically study the treatment of women and minorities and how the media portrays them, and why.
Old 06-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's where I went when I went to Canada, as well as Halifax. I'd probably have enjoyed it more if it wasn't so cold...in July.
I am preparing myself now for it to be 30 degrees. So because I have it in my mind that the high temp will be 30, I can enjoy it while there.

Quote:
They had a huge party on the top deck, and we saw fireworks being shot off the shore in the distance.
Nice I think it'd be so nice to take a cruise during Christmas or Thanksgiving or New Years Eve to see all the decorations and party onboard.
But does cruise destination matter? Like, will Europeans care?

Quote:
I hope so, because that would be awful. Once the baby is born, I'm sure she'll drink all the wine she can (if she's not breastfeeding anyway).
Make up for lost time, ha.

Quote:
Women in the Media. We basically study the treatment of women and minorities and how the media portrays them, and why.
sounds like an interesting course. Is it an online class or you go to a college?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But does cruise destination matter? Like, will Europeans care?
Yea that's the thing, probably not. So maybe there won't be a party. Not that you won't have a blast regardless. Take tons of pics!

Quote:
I think it'd be so nice to take a cruise during Christmas or Thanksgiving or New Years Eve to see all the decorations and party onboard.
A family friend did a cruise over Christmas and they said the whole ship was decked out, and there were Christmas parties for adults, and a separate one for kids, and the staff sang Christmas carols at dinner. She said it was very nice.

Quote:
Make up for lost time, ha.
Yes, and get her a bottle of wine for Christmas

Quote:
Is it an online class or you go to a college?
Online through my school. It's easier and less expensive that way.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea that's the thing, probably not. So maybe there won't be a party. Not that you won't have a blast regardless. Take tons of pics!
True true. And I can make my own party. My mom is planning on wearing red July 4.

And I will. I'll post the good ones when I get home.

Quote:
A family friend did a cruise over Christmas and they said the whole ship was decked out, and there were Christmas parties for adults, and a separate one for kids, and the staff sang Christmas carols at dinner. She said it was very nice.
sounds so nice. I'd have eggnog. Do you get to open presents too?
My absolute dream would be taking an Australian/NZ cruise during Christmas/NYE. But man, that'd be sooooo expensive and I wouldn't have enough days off from work to do it.

Quote:
Online through my school. It's easier and less expensive that way.
and then you get to graduate early, I assume, which is a good thing.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
True true. And I can make my own party. My mom is planning on wearing red July 4.
I'm sure there will be parties going on every night anyway If you're not back on here again before you leave, have a great time!

Quote:
sounds so nice. I'd have eggnog. Do you get to open presents too?
She didn't say that, but probably.

Quote:
My absolute dream would be taking an Australian/NZ cruise during Christmas/NYE. But man, that'd be sooooo expensive and I wouldn't have enough days off from work to do it.
I would love to go to Australia anyway, but yea, experiencing the new year first in the world would be cool. A cruise too, would be fun. But just to go as well. Are there any cruise lines that go down that way? (besides the crazy expensive, super long worldwide ones)?

Quote:
and then you get to graduate early, I assume, which is a good thing.
I'm hoping. I'm planning on taking classes straight through my time in college, including winter break and next summer, I want to graduate by December 2017, January 2018 the latest.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
If you're not back on here again before you leave, have a great time!
thanks this might be my last post till the 11th.

Quote:
I would love to go to Australia anyway, but yea, experiencing the new year first in the world would be cool. A cruise too, would be fun. But just to go as well. Are there any cruise lines that go down that way? (besides the crazy expensive, super long worldwide ones)?
and it being their summer would be awesome. to not have a cold Christmas / nye is something i want to experience

i know royal caribbean has cruises there. i assume all the major cruise lines do.

Quote:
I want to graduate by December 2017, January 2018 the latest.
it's an exciting and nerve-wrecking time. good luck.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Oh btw, are you going to NYCC again this year? My sister and brother-in-law are again, and this time they got passes for all 4 days. I'm jealous.

Have a GREAT time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Quote:
it's an exciting and nerve-wrecking time. good luck.
Thanks I'm so nervous because I feel like I'm going to find out at the very end that I'm still a few credits short to graduate. It's what happened at my last college.

Quote:
and it being their summer would be awesome. to not have a cold Christmas / nye is something i want to experience
Oh yea, I forgot! I would love to spend Christmas on the beach or something.

I'll have to check out cruise lines, I guess.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Hi everyone

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh btw, are you going to NYCC again this year? My sister and brother-in-law are again, and this time they got passes for all 4 days. I'm jealous.
I am. I managed to get press passes. NYCC fixed the ticket process, where each person was sent a unique link through email. I think it helped a lot with preventing scalpers. Would you ever go to it?

Quote:
I'm so nervous because I feel like I'm going to find out at the very end that I'm still a few credits short to graduate. It's what happened at my last college.
what a nightmare. I guess the only cure for that is taking extra classes?

Quote:
Oh yea, I forgot! I would love to spend Christmas on the beach or something.
I can't say I'm a beach person, but I do like looking at beautiful beaches

Chelle, thanks for stepping in
Old 07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedoflifexx (View Post)
Hi everyone
Hey! How are you?

Quote:
Would you ever go to it?
Probably. I'd rather go to SDCC but that's a bit more difficult. Maybe I'll try for NY next year.

Quote:
I guess the only cure for that is taking extra classes?
Yea, I may have to take more credits one semester toward the end.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I actually took a look at some of the things said in here on this page (mainly because some things caught my attention - like Australia ). I've been on a cruise over Christmas/New Years & they really do decorate the ships amazingly . I get motion sick/sea sick so I wasn't a fan of cruising but I did love the amazing decorations & work they put into the celebrations. Then I can't imagine a cold or white Christmas but would love to experience one some day. If only I could swap places with one of you

As for cruise lines we have Royal Caribbean, P&O, Princess Cruises, Carnival, & Celebrity. There's probably others but those are ones I can think of which get advertised. I don't know if they do the same for New Zealand but there's a few ships which travel down to Australia in October & then do lots of different cruises around the country, New Zealand, & the islands around here. Then in April they head back up to wherever they came from. I'm not sure if there's any which do both Australia & New Zealand - you'd have one or the other. Then there's a couple of ships which stay here all year, but the main cruise season is from October to April

Quote:
Hey! How are you?
I'm pretty good . How are you?

Quote:
Yea, I may have to take more credits one semester toward the end.
If you're concerned you're going to be short that sounds like the best idea

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2016, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

Hi Chelle, wow you read everything! I know nothing about cruises so I can't contribute to that conversation.

I'm busy studying though. Which stinks.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 07-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Well some things on this page then babbled about things I knew . the word Australia caught my eyes so I read enough to understand it

Studying is no fun What are you studying?

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-01-2016, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

Hope studying's going well Jazz! How many exams do you have? Also, happy late Canada Day!

Chelle, are you in school? Or working? What are you up to?
Old 07-01-2016, 09:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm working, but considered studying more but that requires time & energy . I work in a preschool in the toddler room (so ages 2-3)

Chelle » join GTmy art