Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I missed the craze when it first came out. I was in my mid 20s when I finally read them, after the last movie was released. But it's a really good series.
I remember the craze, and I kinda wish I was a part of it. But I did go to the theaters to see the movies from the 5th one to the last one. I'm excited to finally read the series!

Quote:
I'm not too great at multi shipping. If I get attached to a couple, like really attached, I can't multi ship. It's only when I am not attached to couples that multi shipping characters becomes easy.
But I'd say only 2 couples got me really attached where I searched for fanfic and arts and videos.
Very rarely do I not find my OTP for a show. But when I don't, then multi-shipping is easy

Quote:
Whenever I think of Stefan & Caroline, I think of that moment in the Pilot where Caroline is trying to get with Stefan and he's like, it's never going to happen. And then I laugh.
It is very ironic
Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I remember the craze, and I kinda wish I was a part of it. But I did go to the theaters to see the movies from the 5th one to the last one. I'm excited to finally read the series!
Same. Those midnight book released looked like a lot of fun.

The books offer so much more information and I think the movies make more sense when the books are read.

Quote:
Very rarely do I not find my OTP for a show.
I try very hard to not get attached to couples because the writers will inevitably disappoint me. Sometimes I can't resist, though.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=LilMouse;89772864]Same. Those midnight book released looked like a lot of fun.

The books offer so much more information and I think the movies make more sense when the books are read.[QUOTE]
I remember hearing about them, and how much fun they seemed to be! My store (I work at Indigo, Canadian bookstore), and when they released the Cursed Child this past summer we stayed open until midnight and they had Harry Potter style events going on in the store leading up to the book release, it was so cool! It was just before I got hired so I wasn't working there yet, but I heard about it while I was in the process of getting hired.

Books are always better for that reasons I can't wait to read them and get more into the series!

Quote:
I try very hard to not get attached to couples because the writers will inevitably disappoint me. Sometimes I can't resist, though.
It does suck when they writers let you down! But then I just ignore them, and make up my own headcanons and/or read fanfiction to make it better But it's the worse when they kill off half your ship, that's the most gut wrenching thing of all (Charlie/Claire), although that was mostly Dominic wanting off the show so .
Old 04-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I remember hearing about them, and how much fun they seemed to be! My store (I work at Indigo, Canadian bookstore), and when they released the Cursed Child this past summer we stayed open until midnight and they had Harry Potter style events going on in the store leading up to the book release, it was so cool! It was just before I got hired so I wasn't working there yet, but I heard about it while I was in the process of getting hired.
Ah yea, our Barnes and Nobles did HP events prior to it being released.
I still haven't actually read Cursed Child.

Quote:
I can't wait to read them and get more into the series!
Let me know when you start reading them. I've been trying to plan a re-read.

Quote:
It does suck when they writers let you down! But then I just ignore them, and make up my own headcanons and/or read fanfiction to make it better But it's the worse when they kill off half your ship, that's the most gut wrenching thing of all (Charlie/Claire), although that was mostly Dominic wanting off the show so
Yes! I reject canon and substitute my own. Fanfic is undoubtedly better than the real thing.

Why did Dom want to leave?

I get worried when couples get together too soon, especially on a CW show. Any couple that gets together within the first 2-3 seasons is not going to make it to the end of a show, cause the CW gives their shows 10+ seasons.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Ah yea, our Barnes and Nobles did HP events prior to it being released.
I still haven't actually read Cursed Child.
Cursed Child is weird because it's written in script form instead of a traditional book.

Quote:
Let me know when you start reading them. I've been trying to plan a re-read.
Okay, I will let you know!

Quote:
Yes! I reject canon and substitute my own. Fanfic is undoubtedly better than the real thing.

Why did Dom want to leave?

I get worried when couples get together too soon, especially on a CW show. Any couple that gets together within the first 2-3 seasons is not going to make it to the end of a show, cause the CW gives their shows 10+ seasons.
It always is better that way!

I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate, but a lot of articles said it was because of his break up with Evi, she apparently cheated on him. Again I don't know the truth of it all because I never paid much attention to their relationship.

I get worried too! It also has to do with who's the more popular couple. If a couple is popular and pulls in ratings, it seems like that's where the show tends to go.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Cursed Child is weird because it's written in script form instead of a traditional book.
Does that make it harder to understand character motives?

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate, but a lot of articles said it was because of his break up with Evi, she apparently cheated on him. Again I don't know the truth of it all because I never paid much attention to their relationship.
Oh....if that is the reason I have to side with him.

Quote:
I get worried too! It also has to do with who's the more popular couple. If a couple is popular and pulls in ratings, it seems like that's where the show tends to go.
which can sometime backfire - like Oliver/Felicity from Arrow.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Does that make it harder to understand character motives?
I'm not sure. I do know that in scripts they do explain the emotion that character will feel in the moments as the occur. So maybe that's what it does?

Quote:
Oh....if that is the reason I have to side with him.
I agree, if it's true then I can definitely understand.

Quote:
which can sometime backfire - like Oliver/Felicity from Arrow.
I stopped watching Arrow after S2, so I wouldn't know. It was always a show I meant to get back into, but just haven't gotten around to it.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure. I do know that in scripts they do explain the emotion that character will feel in the moments as the occur. So maybe that's what it does?
I do remember reading Streetcar Named Desire and liking it, but seeing it with the actors makes it even better.

Quote:
I stopped watching Arrow after S2, so I wouldn't know. It was always a show I meant to get back into, but just haven't gotten around to it.
I stopped watching 2? seasons ago. I'd say don't bother going back to it.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do remember reading Streetcar Named Desire and liking it, but seeing it with the actors makes it even better.
Oh okay, well then maybe Cursed Child will be okay. I would've liked to have been able to see the play as well.

Quote:
I stopped watching 2? seasons ago. I'd say don't bother going back to it.
I don't think I will. I just have no desire to. If anything I'll wait until the shows over and binge watch all of it at once if I ever felt the need.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I would've liked to have been able to see the play as well.
do you live in the states? It's supposed to come to NYC sometime in the future.

Quote:
I just have no desire to. If anything I'll wait until the shows over and binge watch all of it at once if I ever felt the need.
I wish all shows had 13 eps at the most to make binge watching easier.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
do you live in the states? It's supposed to come to NYC sometime in the future.
No I don't, I live in Canada.

Quote:
I wish all shows had 13 eps at the most to make binge watching easier.
That would be make it a lot easier!!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
No I don't, I live in Canada.
ah...
road trip time

unless you're on the west coast of Canada. Then a road trip is crazy.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
ah...
road trip time

unless you're on the west coast of Canada. Then a road trip is crazy.
I live in Southern Ontario, so a road trip to NY could probably be manageable for me. Plus my mom's always wanted to go there to see the 9/11 site. So it's something to think about.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They've really built up the 9/11 site. Stores have opened there now, though some parts still have construction. It'll be an interesting trip if you get to do it.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we get to go soon! We'll see