Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
:eye_roll: I find that's the first thing people say when they don't like a ship and it's so aggravating because it's insensitive to people who may have experienced abuse. Three of my ships have gotten that claim, and everytime I'm like but where though?
Yes, exactly! They are making the word lose significance too when they say everything is abusive. You're allowed to say you don't like something without having to find a serious reason to justify not liking it.
Like I don't like coconuts. I'm not saying they're abusive, I just can't stand the taste.

Which ships?

Quote:
How about you? How'd you feel about them?
I couldn't stand them together. I don't know if you want to be spoiled or how much you know, so if you rather remain unspoiled don't read

Spoiler:
Old 03-31-2017, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Yes, exactly! They are making the word lose significance too when they say everything is abusive. You're allowed to say you don't like something without having to find a serious reason to justify not liking it.
Like I don't like coconuts. I'm not saying they're abusive, I just can't stand the taste.

Which ships?
Exactly!! Like you're allowed to just not like something, there doesn't need to be some big reason why. It's just not for you, and that's okay!

I said three because I know it was more than 2, but I can't remember who the third was.. But Klaroline and Captain Swan were the two I know for sure got that claim, and not just abusive but rape claim and I was not okay with that.

Quote:
I couldn't stand them together. I don't know if you want to be spoiled or how much you know, so if you rather remain unspoiled don't read

Spoiler:
I did know that spoiler, and given the little I knew of her character and how much I didn't like her in the beginning anyways, I was okay with it
Old 04-02-2017, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But Klaroline and Captain Swan were the two I know for sure got that claim, and not just abusive but rape claim and I was not okay with that.
When did Klaus rape Caroline? I can't remember. Damon definitely raped her, but I don't remember Klaus going that far.

Quote:
given the little I knew of her character and how much I didn't like her in the beginning anyways, I was okay with it
they had her come back as a figment of Klaus' imagination recently and I was like, NOOOOOO stop appearing.
Old 04-02-2017, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When did Klaus rape Caroline? I can't remember. Damon definitely raped her, but I don't remember Klaus going that far.
Never happened! The one time they had sex, Caroline initiated it.
I think some younger people on tumblr don't know what the true meaning of rape is, maybe? Because of his continuous attempts to talk to her or be around her when she wasn't really interested, at least in the beginning. But they'd use that word specifically to describe it, that and that he's forcing himself on her, and I remember going off because if you don't understand the word and it's meaning, then don't use it! Especially something as serious as that. It was the same with Captain Swan, I mean we haven't even had a sex scene with them, but it was their first kiss that they used that word for it.

Quote:
they had her come back as a figment of Klaus' imagination recently and I was like, NOOOOOO stop appearing.
I just watched that episode!! I decided I'm going to watch this season, and if something is referenced from past seasons, I'll just ask my stepmom since she's obsessed with it But yeah I fast forwarded all their scenes I tried, but she started her therapy talk even though this is Klaus' imagination, I was like nope!!
Old 04-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Never happened! The one time they had sex, Caroline initiated it.
I think some younger people on tumblr don't know what the true meaning of rape is, maybe? Because of his continuous attempts to talk to her or be around her when she wasn't really interested, at least in the beginning. But they'd use that word specifically to describe it, that and that he's forcing himself on her, and I remember going off because if you don't understand the word and it's meaning, then don't use it! Especially something as serious as that. It was the same with Captain Swan, I mean we haven't even had a sex scene with them, but it was their first kiss that they used that word for it.
The word is being used incorrectly. I can see how that behavior makes Klaus & Hook entitled and annoying because if a woman tells you to back off, she's not interested, she REALLY means it and don't hound her trying to convince her otherwise. The writers should be called out for reinforcing the belief that if a woman tells you she's not interested, just keep following her around cause she'll eventually change her mind.

But that behavior isn't rape. It's not at that point of violation yet.

Quote:
I just watched that episode!! I decided I'm going to watch this season, and if something is referenced from past seasons, I'll just ask my stepmom since she's obsessed with it But yeah I fast forwarded all their scenes I tried, but she started her therapy talk even though this is Klaus' imagination, I was like nope!!
ah, jumping right in. At least you have someone to get you up to speed.

What I mostly focused on during the Klaus is trapped behind a line of salt scenes is that they need to find themselves a siphoner. They had Freya breaking the spell (who I think for being an Original witch is written as weak 99% of the time) and it was taking forever and she was losing her concentration at the end, and all I could think of is a siphoner would eat that spell without a problem and he would've been freed 15 minutes ago.
Siphoners are the answer to everything, imo
Old 04-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The word is being used incorrectly. I can see how that behavior makes Klaus & Hook entitled and annoying because if a woman tells you to back off, she's not interested, she REALLY means it and don't hound her trying to convince her otherwise. The writers should be called out for reinforcing the belief that if a woman tells you she's not interested, just keep following her around cause she'll eventually change her mind.

But that behavior isn't rape. It's not at that point of violation yet.
Exactly! I can admit that some of my ships do have their issues, and I'll acknowledge when I don't agree with something. But when people go to the tumblr tags for said ships, and make false and serious claims, I will speak up and explain what the difference is because I feel/hope they don't truly understand what they are implying because that's a sensitive topic and it's not something that should be thrown around lightly.

But yeah, luckily I haven't had to see or deal with that in a while.

Quote:
ah, jumping right in. At least you have someone to get you up to speed.

What I mostly focused on during the Klaus is trapped behind a line of salt scenes is that they need to find themselves a siphoner. They had Freya breaking the spell (who I think for being an Original witch is written as weak 99% of the time) and it was taking forever and she was losing her concentration at the end, and all I could think of is a siphoner would eat that spell without a problem and he would've been freed 15 minutes ago.
Siphoners are the answer to everything, imo
Yeah, all of that was a little much! I personally don't know much about Freya's character since this is my first time watching with her in it, but from what I told she's suppose to be pretty powerful, and it didn't really seem that way to me, but I also don't know much about Siphoners, so I'll take your word for it Eventually I will get caught up on TVD and the TO seasons I missed.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Exactly! I can admit that some of my ships do have their issues, and I'll acknowledge when I don't agree with something. But when people go to the tumblr tags for said ships, and make false and serious claims, I will speak up and explain what the difference is because I feel/hope they don't truly understand what they are implying because that's a sensitive topic and it's not something that should be thrown around lightly.

But yeah, luckily I haven't had to see or deal with that in a while.
I think a lot of the time fans feel like they have to like everything about their ship or like every action done by both halves of their ship. Criticism isn't allowed in fandom.

The other day I was in the Karamel tag on tumblr, and a Supercorp fan told the Karamel lovers they should kill themselves Totally disgusting, over the line behavior. If you don't like a ship, stay out of the tag. Don't ever, ever tell the fans to kill themselves. It's just a TV show. It's not serious, not going to alter the world. I hope no one listens to the troll.

Quote:
I personally don't know much about Freya's character since this is my first time watching with her in it, but from what I told she's suppose to be pretty powerful, and it didn't really seem that way to me,
The writers tried to say she's very powerful and has been around for 1000s of years, but every time a magical situation arises she either gets beaten by someone else or struggles.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think a lot of the time fans feel like they have to like everything about their ship or like every action done by both halves of their ship. Criticism isn't allowed in fandom.

The other day I was in the Karamel tag on tumblr, and a Supercorp fan told the Karamel lovers they should kill themselves Totally disgusting, over the line behavior. If you don't like a ship, stay out of the tag. Don't ever, ever tell the fans to kill themselves. It's just a TV show. It's not serious, not going to alter the world. I hope no one listens to the troll.
Exactly! It's just TV, it's here for entertainment and not meant to be taken so seriously! I hope no-one listens to that troll either, and just takes what that person said as a reflection of them and not the shippers who enjoy Karamel.

Sometimes I can't comprehend how people can say what they say on the internet sometimes. There's people who say you're racist if you don't ship an interracial couple, or homophobic if you don't ship a gay couple when in reality maybe you just don't prefer how that couple's being written and it has nothing to do with race or sexual orientation. People just want you to ship what they do so badly that they jump on you for anything, and it's just sad sometimes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing, and that is okay, great even! If everyone liked the same thing, the world would be boring. But it's so much better when you can respect someone else's opinions and not attack them for not thinking the same way you do!

Quote:
The writers tried to say she's very powerful and has been around for 1000s of years, but every time a magical situation arises she either gets beaten by someone else or struggles.
I did wonder about that, how Vincent can cast a spell that makes a 1000 year old powerful witch struggle that much!
Old 04-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I hope no-one listens to that troll either, and just takes what that person said as a reflection of them and not the shippers who enjoy Karamel.
Hope so. The continual abuse can at the very least make a person not want to post anymore. And the trolls seem to have multiple accounts, so blocking them never works.

But if a person feels the need to go into someone's inbox and anonymously leave hate, it's a reflection of how sad the troll's life is.

Quote:
There's people who say you're racist if you don't ship an interracial couple, or homophobic if you don't ship a gay couple when in reality maybe you just don't prefer how that couple's being written and it has nothing to do with race or sexual orientation.
exactly, and sometimes two actors just don't have sexual chemistry. Like the actors playing James and Kara make a good friendship team, but I never got the sense that they wanted to rip each other's clothes off. I didn't feel anything for their romantic relationship. So the writers changed direction because they eventually saw their relationship was lacking.

Quote:
I did wonder about that, how Vincent can cast a spell that makes a 1000 year old powerful witch struggle that much!
I love Vincent so much. They are not allowed to kill him off.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hope so. The continual abuse can at the very least make a person not want to post anymore. And the trolls seem to have multiple accounts, so blocking them never works.

But if a person feels the need to go into someone's inbox and anonymously leave hate, it's a reflection of how sad the troll's life is.
Trolls are the worst thing about the internet!

But yeah, I remember some friends of mine getting anonymous hate and it would really upset them. Even I got a full hate attack one day, and it was the worst thing because it didn't stop. Everytime I refreshed there would be a new message. It was so bad, I had to shut off my computer and go for a walk to clear my head. Luckily that was the only time I allowed the hate to get to me. But I always try to remind myself and others, that the hate isn't a reflection of you, but a reflection of the person sending the hate.

Quote:
exactly, and sometimes two actors just don't have sexual chemistry. Like the actors playing James and Kara make a good friendship team, but I never got the sense that they wanted to rip each other's clothes off. I didn't feel anything for their romantic relationship. So the writers changed direction because they eventually saw their relationship was lacking.
It's so true! If the actors don't have that spark, then it's just not going to work no matter how much they may want it too. It's good that the writers changed direction instead of forcing it.

Quote:
I love Vincent so much. They are not allowed to kill him off.
From what I've seen of him, which isn't much, I already love him! I would be upset if they ever killed him off.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But yeah, I remember some friends of mine getting anonymous hate and it would really upset them. Even I got a full hate attack one day, and it was the worst thing because it didn't stop. Everytime I refreshed there would be a new message. It was so bad, I had to shut off my computer and go for a walk to clear my head. Luckily that was the only time I allowed the hate to get to me. But I always try to remind myself and others, that the hate isn't a reflection of you, but a reflection of the person sending the hate.
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you remember what the person was sending hate to you about?

Sometimes I'm afraid that just reblogging something will set trolls after me. I don't make gifs or videos or anything, but they always somehow manage to find you.

Quote:
It's so true! If the actors don't have that spark, then it's just not going to work no matter how much they may want it too. It's good that the writers changed direction instead of forcing it.
With shows like Elementary, I really appreciate that the writers are keeping Joan and Sherlock platonic. And at NYCC last year, when someone asked if Joan/Sherlock are going to hook up romantically practically all of the audience Boo'd. I was so happy to see most people agree they shouldn't be together and that the producer heard we don't want them together. Not every guy/girl main characters need to end up together.

Quote:
From what I've seen of him, which isn't much, I already love him! I would be upset if they ever killed him off.
He's one of the few who doesn't make me roll my eyes.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm so sorry that happened to you. Do you remember what the person was sending hate to you about?

Sometimes I'm afraid that just reblogging something will set trolls after me. I don't make gifs or videos or anything, but they always somehow manage to find you.
It had something to do with the final Harry Potter movie, I made a post being upset that I got spoiled on the Ron/Hermione kiss. I hadn't read the books, so I didn't know about it. And people were posting it the day the movie came out, graining movie theather footage from a midnight showing. This was back before tumblr saviour, but yeah people lost their minds on me for some reason. If that happened now, I wouldn't care. But this was like 5 or 6 years ago, and still newish to tumblr, so yeah it wasn't fun.

They do! It's crazy!! But luckily I haven't been bothered in the last few years by any. Hopefully it stays that way

Quote:
With shows like Elementary, I really appreciate that the writers are keeping Joan and Sherlock platonic. And at NYCC last year, when someone asked if Joan/Sherlock are going to hook up romantically practically all of the audience Boo'd. I was so happy to see most people agree they shouldn't be together and that the producer heard we don't want them together. Not every guy/girl main characters need to end up together.
YES! I don't watch that show anymore, but I watched the first two seasons and I remember never wanting them to ever get together so I'm glad to hear that's a popular thing and that it won't be happening! I agree, it's nice when they can keep a girl/guy friendship platonic and not go the romantic route. It's why I was so annoyed when I found out that TVD put Stefan and Caroline together. I loved their friendship so much, and I hated that they had to ruin that all because Delena was huge, and Stefan didn't have anyone so stick him with Caroline because who else! It's lazy writing, imo. But then again, I stopped watching before they got together, so I don't know how it was developed so I shouldn't judge. But I think I was just upset that they took this really great friendship, and made it romantic.

Quote:
He's one of the few who doesn't make me roll my eyes.
Which is always a win in the TVD/TO universe!
Old 04-09-2017, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It had something to do with the final Harry Potter movie, I made a post being upset that I got spoiled on the Ron/Hermione kiss. I hadn't read the books, so I didn't know about it. And people were posting it the day the movie came out, graining movie theather footage from a midnight showing. This was back before tumblr saviour, but yeah people lost their minds on me for some reason. If that happened now, I wouldn't care. But this was like 5 or 6 years ago, and still newish to tumblr, so yeah it wasn't fun.
People choose the weirdest stuff to lose their minds over. There's more important things to get upset over than a poster who hasn't read a book [series] not wanting to be spoiled about what happens in the movie.

Have you read the books since then? They're really good.

Quote:
It's why I was so annoyed when I found out that TVD put Stefan and Caroline together. I loved their friendship so much, and I hated that they had to ruin that all because Delena was huge, and Stefan didn't have anyone so stick him with Caroline because who else! It's lazy writing, imo. But then again, I stopped watching before they got together, so I don't know how it was developed so I shouldn't judge. But I think I was just upset that they took this really great friendship, and made it romantic.
I'm apathetic about Stefan/Caroline. When she was with Matt, I loved them. I was upset when she started liking Tyler because I felt like the writers dropped the Matt/Caroline thing because of loud fans. I hate when shows give into fans. Loved her with Klaus. And then her relationship with Stefan...well, I never felt a sexual chemistry but I also didn't hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. They were just there. I didn't watch the season where she gets together with Alaric, but that gives me the heebie jeebies.

Quote:
Which is always a win in the TVD/TO universe!
for sure
Old 04-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
People choose the weirdest stuff to lose their minds over. There's more important things to get upset over than a poster who hasn't read a book [series] not wanting to be spoiled about what happens in the movie.

Have you read the books since then? They're really good.
I definitely wasn't expecting it when I made the post!

I haven't yet, but I finally bought all of them so I plan to start soon. I've always wanted to, but just never got around to it.

Quote:
I'm apathetic about Stefan/Caroline. When she was with Matt, I loved them. I was upset when she started liking Tyler because I felt like the writers dropped the Matt/Caroline thing because of loud fans. I hate when shows give into fans. Loved her with Klaus. And then her relationship with Stefan...well, I never felt a sexual chemistry but I also didn't hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. They were just there. I didn't watch the season where she gets together with Alaric, but that gives me the heebie jeebies.
I also loved Matt/Caroline!! I didn't mind the Tyler relationship, but I preferred her with Matt. But then of course there was Klaroline which took over every TVD ship for me After I get an OTP for a show any opposing ship, I'm just not for. But if it makes sense and there is chemistry then I'll understand. But for Stefan/Caroline because I loved their friendship so much, the idea of them together didn't feel right for me. I watched a couple episodes with them together and they didn't feel like a couple to me, it was just like they were together for the sake of it, idk But yeah her with Alaric is just weird and wrong!
Old 04-10-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I haven't yet, but I finally bought all of them so I plan to start soon. I've always wanted to, but just never got around to it.
I missed the craze when it first came out. I was in my mid 20s when I finally read them, after the last movie was released. But it's a really good series.

Quote:
After I get an OTP for a show any opposing ship, I'm just not for.
I'm not too great at multi shipping. If I get attached to a couple, like really attached, I can't multi ship. It's only when I am not attached to couples that multi shipping characters becomes easy.
But I'd say only 2 couples got me really attached where I searched for fanfic and arts and videos.

Quote:
But for Stefan/Caroline because I loved their friendship so much, the idea of them together didn't feel right for me. I watched a couple episodes with them together and they didn't feel like a couple to me, it was just like they were together for the sake of it, idk
Whenever I think of Stefan & Caroline, I think of that moment in the Pilot where Caroline is trying to get with Stefan and he's like, it's never going to happen. And then I laugh.