Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see them now I knew it was my computer being slow!

I love all the museum pics, they are so interesting. Although didn't love that they killed birds and made them into hats back in the day

I'm a big seafood lover, so the food looks delicious!!

San Fran looks like such a beautiful city!!

Quote:
Sleeping Beauty doesn't get enough love. It's the prettiest Disney film.
Yes!! I completely agree
Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Although didn't love that they killed birds and made them into hats back in the day
I am so glad that's a practice no longer done. It's sad to look into the owls eyes, know it was a real owl, and then convince yourself it's crying for help.

Quote:
San Fran looks like such a beautiful city!!
It is.

Still wish we got a proper live action Sleeping Beauty film that focused on her rather than Maleficent.
Old 07-17-2017, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I am so glad that's a practice no longer done. It's sad to look into the owls eyes, know it was a real owl, and then convince yourself it's crying for help.
I'm glad they don't do that anymore either! That's so sad!

Quote:
Still wish we got a proper live action Sleeping Beauty film that focused on her rather than Maleficent.
I completely agree!!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I completely agree!!
every other Disney princess gets to be the star of her own movie, but not Aurora

San Francisco Day 6 - the last day

Today didn't start off that well. The entire day was supposed to be dedicated to the Muir Woods and Sausalito. Muir Woods is a National Park. We were scheduled to get on the 9am bus. The tour was advertised as having buses leaving every hour, on the hour. The last bus was due to leave at 2pm. We got to the bus depot at 10am because we went to the post office first. We figured even though we were late, we could switch to the 10am bus. But we were told there wasn't a 10am bus, or an 11am bus, or 12pm etc etc. There wouldn't be another bus until 2pm, and they could put us on that one. We pointed out this was false advertising AND the tv inside the bus depot was also advertising the every hour, on the hour buses. They had nothing to say for themselves.

Then they also advertised that the bus taking you from the Muir Woods to Sausalito and back to San Fran could be any bus you wish. Not so! There was one bus, and they told you when to meet the bus to bring you to Sausalito and then back from Sausalito to San Francisco. They gave us a total of 1 hour 45 minutes in Muir Woods and then 45 minutes in Sausalito. It was rushed and I was mad at being lied to.

Anyway, while waiting for 2pm to come along, we decided to go to the museum
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. While there we saw the exhibit Edvard Munch: Between the Clock and the Bed. Munch is the artist who painted The Scream. It was an interesting exhibit. I didn't know much about him. I had no idea he was Norwegian. After we went to other exhibits like Warhol and artists I've never heard of. Honestly, modern art isn't my favorite thing. Why is a painting of rainbows in a museum? How is that art? I can paint rainbows. I should be in a museum I guess my attitude is, if it's not difficult to do then it's not art.

Having said that, it was nice to see the museum. It's not something we would've done otherwise, so I guess the later bus ended up being a blessing.

so we get on the bus to Muir Woods and we drive over the Golden Gate Bridge. That was really cool.

tree hugger

So then we had to go to the Apple Store because my friend's iPhone was acting wonky. Outside there was this LOVE sign, which we all took photos with. My friend took a photo with every letter.

V for Victoria
Old 07-18-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow that sucks about the false advertising!! I'd be mad too!

The pics from the museum are cool, so like you said maybe the later bus was a blessing.

The pics from the Park are breathtaking!! It all looks so gorgeous and lush with nature!

That is so cool about the LOVE sign outside of Apple, I love it!
Old 07-18-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What I learned is that if you want to go to a park, find a way to get there on your own rather than depend on a tour. It was a gorgeous park and they say it takes less than a day to see the whole thing.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll have to remember that if I ever travel to somewhere with a National Park and want to go see it
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Grand Canyon has to be the ultimate park.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree! I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon sometime!!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would be a trip I'd have to do a lot of research on. Like I don't even know the appropriate dress for it.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me neither!
Old 07-21-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This was my photos from last weekend

I went to a Michelangelo exhibit

description on the right

Noah's ark

Eve being created

Adam and Eve being banished from paradise

in front of the Last Judgement

see how the side of the building isn't completed?

my pizza with artichoke, prosciutto, mushrooms and olives

my mom's pizza with eggplant, zucchini, and peppers on top

my dad's pasta with mussels

my sister's ravioli dish, pistachio on the top.

lemon sorbet
Old 07-23-2017, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those buildings look spectacular!!

Love seeing all the photos from the exhibit and all the history!

All the food you and your family had looks delicious!
Old 07-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really do like the designs of the buildings. I used to call the one housing the exhibit "the dinosaur" when it was being built but it looks so much better now that it's completed.

I need to find time to try all the restaurants there.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's funny! But the designs of the building are so cool

I always love trying new restaurants