Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, haven't heard of the series. What is the plot?
Old 05-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a fairytale retelling of Beauty and the Beast (in the first book only), it's very loosely based.

Here's the synopsis for the first book:
Quote:
Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds interesting. I'm going to add it to my list. I like fairytale retellings.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so good!! The first book is good, but the second and third are just epic!! Probably my favourite series so far
Old 05-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Probably my favourite series so far
WOW....that is quite a selling point.

I can't remember off the top of my head reading many series other than Harry Potter.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Probably my favourite series so far
WOW....that is quite a selling point.

I can't remember off the top of my head reading many series other than Harry Potter.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't read Harry Potter yet That's something I can't admit at work without horrifying my co-workers But I have the books, just got to commit to reading them which I will, eventually
Old 06-01-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No worries. I didn't read the books until after the last movie came out, and I was in my mid 20s then. I would read a book first and then see its movie companion.

It's a good series, even for a person who's not 12. And they are quick reads. I am listening to the audiobooks right now. Just finished Sorcerer's Stone.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They just came out with the new covers where you can get the book in your house colour, and they are so cool!!

I'm going to hopefully start reading it soon, I just need a little fantasy break after A Court of Wings and Ruin
Old 06-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They just came out with the new covers where you can get the book in your house colour, and they are so cool!!
I just found out about this today. I was at BookCon this weekend, so while waiting on line for a panel I got to talking with a girl who mentioned it and showed me pictures. They know how to get $$$$ from people. Not only would I want my house colors (Hufflepuff) but I feel like I'd need to get all the houses. Plus I'm getting the illustrated versions.

Quote:
I'm going to hopefully start reading it soon, I just need a little fantasy break after A Court of Wings and Ruin
Let's discuss when you start reading

I'm going to read Haunting in the Deep after my current book. I got it at BookCon.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just found out about this today. I was at BookCon this weekend, so while waiting on line for a panel I got to talking with a girl who mentioned it and showed me pictures. They know how to get $$$$ from people. Not only would I want my house colors (Hufflepuff) but I feel like I'd need to get all the houses. Plus I'm getting the illustrated versions.
I'm Hufflepuff as well But I know!! They all look so good together, both the paperback and the hardcover versions! Makes me want them all Plus the illustrated versions, of course!

Quote:
Let's discuss when you start reading

I'm going to read Haunting in the Deep after my current book. I got it at BookCon.
Sounds like a plan!

That sounds like a really interesting book!! I love Titanic, so that's really cool that that story is a part of the book. You'll have to let me know what you thought of it once you're done
Old 06-05-2017, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I'm Hufflepuff as well

Quote:
But I know!! They all look so good together, both the paperback and the hardcover versions! Makes me want them all Plus the illustrated versions, of course!
was the first book marketed as Philosophers or Sorcerer's Stone in Canada? Cause last time I went to London I had to get myself a book that said Philosopher

Quote:
That sounds like a really interesting book!! I love Titanic, so that's really cool that that story is a part of the book. You'll have to let me know what you thought of it once you're done
I will
It's amazing because the author wrote the first book about the Salem witch trials, because her ancestor Cotton Mathers was a leading figure in the witch trials. And then she found out she had ancestors who survived the Titanic sinking. So she's got lots of family that are a big part of history.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
was the first book marketed as Philosophers or Sorcerer's Stone in Canada? Cause last time I went to London I had to get myself a book that said Philosopher
It's marketed as Philosopher's Stone here.

Quote:
I will
It's amazing because the author wrote the first book about the Salem witch trials, because her ancestor Cotton Mathers was a leading figure in the witch trials. And then she found out she had ancestors who survived the Titanic sinking. So she's got lots of family that are a big part of history.
That is so cool!!
Old 06-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's marketed as Philosopher's Stone here.
America was probably the only country in the world considered too dumb by the publishers to understand Philosophers

Quote:
That is so cool!!
yea, it's really cool that she can trace her family history that far back.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
America was probably the only country in the world considered too dumb by the publishers to understand Philosophers

I did always wonder why they were two different titles!

Quote:
yea, it's really cool that she can trace her family history that far back.
Definitely!