Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Elite Fan

Emilie Off Topic: Cause there are too many new shows to watch!

Well, Laurel was in a spiral, I think when she lost Sarah and learning that Ollie cheated on her. And then to have Ollie back and not Sarah just sent her more into a spiral. I admit that Oliver is completely flawed. There are days when I want to smack him for doing some things but I guess he isn't the "shiny" superhero, he is a dark superhero.

I just don't know how they will handle Laurel. I'm reluctant.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

bringing this over from the last thread so Giana can see my response...

Quote:
I did like last night when Laurel was hurting that guy's arm in the hospital. It was a bad decision to not tell her dad that Sarah died. He's going to be sooooo pissed when he finds out. He didn't even get to go to her funeral.

Penguine is the best one on Gotham. I like Selina too. I do not care for Jim's fiance. She needs to have more of a story for me to care.

On HTGAWM I love Annalise. I also like Laurel so far because I'd probably be like her if I was in law school - not really imposing but still gets things done. I am entertained my Connor. He's such an ass but I have fun watching him. I also usually like male characters who are jerks (if you couldn't already tell)
I rather see damaged characters than characters who are boy / girlscouts.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

About Laurel (of Arrow), I agree about her not telling Quentin about Sara's death, but I can also see why she didn't too (though she should have, anyway).

Quote:
I do not care for Jim's fiance. She needs to have more of a story for me to care.
Yea, and I don't really care for Jim either. He's very badly miscast

Quote:
Penguine is the best one on Gotham.
I know it's weird but I am strangely in love with him. He's so adorably creepy, and I find the actor compelling in the role. I hope he's the main villain, at least for this season. He's the main reason I'm watching.

Re: HTGAWM- Connor is an @sshole. That was such a dick move when he outed Michaela's fiance to her last week, but I do give him props for how he gathers evidence and all. I am also loving Laurel, especially as she was calling Michaela out tonight for trying to sneak a look at her notes for the exam.

What did you think of tonight's episode? "Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?" I kind of figured that's what was going on, but now that Annalise knows Sam was involved with Lila, things can REALLY start moving.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea, and I don't really care for Jim either. He's very badly miscast
Poor Ben.
I always think of Gary Oldman when hearing the name Gordon, so it's tough to act as well as Gary.

Quote:
I know it's weird but I am strangely in love with him. He's so adorably creepy, and I find the actor compelling in the role. I hope he's the main villain, at least for this season. He's the main reason I'm watching.
Not weird at all. I definitely had moments where I questioned why I was attracted to a character/actor/real life person. And I feel like Penguine has the most fun role.

Did you go to NYCC? The actor was part of the Gotham panel.

Quote:
Re: HTGAWM- Connor is an @sshole. That was such a dick move when he outed Michaela's fiance to her last week, but I do give him props for how he gathers evidence and all. I am also loving Laurel, especially as she was calling Michaela out tonight for trying to sneak a look at her notes for the exam.
Last week when Connor continued to dig at M in the courtroom - when he said he remembered what Aiden's penis looks like - I really thought she was or should've turned around and punched him. Like, I enjoy watching Connor, but he totally deserved a punch. I guess because she's in a courtroom, not wanting to make a scene, and she wants to be above him is why she didn't do it.

Connor's evidence gathering techniques certainly go the extra mile. But I wonder, can he really sleep with everyone to get information throughout his entire career? He should find additional tactics.
I was glad when Oliver kicked him out of the apartment. Oliver can do sooooooo much better. though on a shallow note, I enjoyed seeing Connor in his black underwear

Laurel was very calm during the flashforward scenes, don't you think? Michaela and Connor are totally going to bring her down with them freaking out.

Quote:
What did you think of tonight's episode? "Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?" I kind of figured that's what was going on, but now that Annalise knows Sam was involved with Lila, things can REALLY start moving.
Viola was AMAZING in that whole scene. I liked that we got to see a woman really strip off all her makeup on tv because I can't think of that happening ever before. Next week looks intense.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Which show is HTGAWM? I'm totally lost on that.

I understand why Laurel didn't tell her father but she really should have. He is going to resent her in the end for all this.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

HTGAWM = How to Get Away with Murder. Viola Davis is a boss.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Oh!!! They got a whole show on getting away with murder?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-18-2014, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Well, it's a drama about a bunch of law students working under a defense attorney (Viola Davis). They basically learn how to get their client off on a murder charge. And they may or may not have killed her husband in the process. It's quite good!

Quote:
Did you go to NYCC? The actor was part of the Gotham panel.
No, I didn't! What was he like?

Quote:
I was glad when Oliver kicked him out of the apartment. Oliver can do sooooooo much better.
I agree! I love Oliver.

I gasped when that guy threw himself out the window though!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They got a whole show on getting away with murder?
'

Sort of. Last week had a case about insider trading, but the big mystery is about how Viola's husband ended up murdered.

Quote:
No, I didn't! What was he like?
I didn't get to see the panel. I was waiting on line for Sleepy Hollow,

Quote:
I gasped when that guy threw himself out the window though!
I felt bad for that guy even though he did a bad thing. I felt bad his family rejected him just b/c he was gay.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Elite Fan

In those comic con, you gotta pick and choose what you gotta see, you really can't see everything.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If I could only split myself in two or three then I'd get so much more done in the day.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I felt bad for that guy even though he did a bad thing. I felt bad his family rejected him just b/c he was gay.
Yea, and he was unhappy with his assistant position or whatever he was at the company.

He was hot, though.

Quote:
In those comic con, you gotta pick and choose what you gotta see, you really can't see everything.
I wouldn't want go to Comic-Con or Paley, too much going on and too many people. I would rather meet my faves randomly in a store or through connections or something.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yea, and he was unhappy with his assistant position or whatever he was at the company.

He was hot, though.
Yep, assistant. It can't be fun to be an assistant for 8 years and not having anything to show for it.

He was very yummy. I appreciated his sex scene with Connor. I also appreciated Connor in his black underwear. I want more of that.

Quote:
I wouldn't want go to Comic-Con or Paley, too much going on and too many people. I would rather meet my faves randomly in a store or through connections or something.
what about going to a book convention like the one Amy Poehler went to?
Old 10-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
what about going to a book convention like the one Amy Poehler went to?
I'd probably go to support her and all, but even then you only get like 3 seconds to talk to her/whoever because so many other people plus the media all want to speak to them as well.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea, there's always so much to say and never enough time to say it. The ideal situation would be randomly running into your favorite on the street.

I went to see Ewan's Broadway play on Saturday and I did the stage door, but circumstances prevented me from getting a photo with him. I only got to say one run on sentence to him. But he did look at me, so that made me really happy. I have to go back to get a photo + a better autograph.