Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz (View Post)
I've been avoiding it due to the whole Sochi stuff but I support our athletes and well, I love the winter Olympics. I am waiting to see how Tessa and Scott do in the Ice Dancing, they are so technical, I love it.

I am loving that Canada is doing so well though!
Last time I checked, Canada was in the lead of the medal count.

Good luck with the new car. It's exciting to have a set of wheels. Dealing with that stuff is very adult-like.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

We are now 3rd in the medal count. Doesn't matter, I'm proud of the athletes anyways.

Is anyone being affected by the massive storm in the south?

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-14-2014, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

We got about 6-9 inches here on top of what we already had. And there's supposed to be about 3 more inches coming tonight into tomorrow.
My arms are sore from shoveling.

Did you watch the men's short program? Ouch when the American slammed into the wall. I was amazed he got back up.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't see that one. I heard that Patrick Chan made some errors that costed him so he got silver. Too bad, that man is so talented.

I think you guys have beaten us in the medals standing now.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Basically every guy made errors. I can't remember one guy being perfect.

The medal standing keeps changing so you can end up beating us.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

That's too bad. But you can't have all perfect skates. Patrick Chan is the one who says who changed the men figure skating in terms of technicality. It's why I'm disappointed he couldn't hold up that change.

However, those are HIS errors. I think I'm more pissed at Tessa and Scott's mark for the short program. When the person who says the other team made an error in the move that HE CREATED, then there is an issue in judging here. They are calling it a scandal now...the skating world in terms of judging. There was already rumours they were going to mark Tessa and Scott low (by a French journalist)...I just didn't realize it would happen and everything the journalist predicted came through. He called it a scandal waiting to happen.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Olympic pressure can really get to people. I was watching snowboarding and this American has gone to the past 2 Olympics (Vancouver and Torino). She fell in both of them, and guess what? She fell this time too when she was the favorite.

I don't really get ice dancing. I did like the Swan Lake routine performed by the Russians.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Elite Fan

The Russians skated really nicely. The Americans and Canadians did as well. The problem I had was the short program. The creator of some of the moves said that the American missed the mark but the Canadians got it and they scored the Americans higher than the Canadians in the short program. The American's long program was alot more better than their short. It's really scandalous when it comes to judged stuff.

I saw the one of the half pipe guys went on his run and fell both times. I felt horrible for him.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-19-2014, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I've read some debates over the scoring on ONTD. They were all talking about artistry and passion vs. technical achievements, and I was just like, who comes up with the rules for this stuff?

The way they fall too, it's like, how do they not break their necks?
Old 02-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I don't know who comes up with the rules for it. While the Americans routine was risky, it didn't flow as it should, it was jarring. And alot of the technical achievements is basically getting it to flow and look like art. It happens.

The hockey game though was nail biting! Holy!!!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm most happy about Italy getting the Bronze in skating. Not a bad way for Carolina to end her competitive career. I did like Gracie Gold's program - mostly because of the music she chose and her costume being blue.

I didn't watch the hockey game. It might have been on when I was at work?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Probably! It was on at noon. Craziness happening here. Then the men's hockey with the Canada VS US again and we won. Craziness again! It's abit nuts here in Canada with all these gold. We got four gold today! 6 out of the 9 gold won were women who won them!!!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Go ladies!

So glad the weekend is here.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Elite Fan

Weekend is now over. I went to the Zoo yesterday for the Polar Bear Walk and got to see some beautiful animals that were very active which made great photos. I even captured moments with the 3 months old baby polar bear!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
3 months old baby polar bear!
awwwwwww too cute.

One of my favorite things on tumblr is when gifs/photos of animals playing are posted.